|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eduardo say Magdalena owes him money for when Billy meets him for the first time?
(b) Room and board.
(d) Jewelry and clothes.
2. Which of the following men do not go to the horse auction in Chapter 2?
(d) John Grady.
3. What does John Grady tell Billy he wants to do with Magdalena at a saloon in Chapter 2?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kidnap her.
4. How much of an advance does John Grady ask of his pay from Mac in Chapter 1?
5. At whose saloon do the cowboys meet in Chapter 2?
6. What is the name of the pimp of the girl John Grady likes in the book?
7. What is the name of the club John Grady goes to with a blind man and his daughter in Chapter 2?
(a) The Moderno.
(b) The White Lake.
(c) La Vienda.
(d) El Pompore.
8. Who did Billy's brother get into a fight with before going off to war?
(b) His father.
(c) John Grady.
(d) His mother.
9. What kind of entertainment is at the Moderno?
(a) A circus
(b) A magic show.
(c) Exotic dancing.
10. Who objects to Billy stopping on the side of the road to help a group of people in Chapter 1?
(d) John Grady.
11. What is the name of the man that offers to tell John Grady which whorehouse the woman he is looking for is at a price?
12. What does Troy tell Billy he will do about his injured car after he hits a bird in Chapter 1?
(a) Loan him his car.
(b) Replace his windows for free.
(c) Give him a new car.
(d) Split the cost of the damage.
13. What does John Grady insist Mr. Johnson is not when someone tells him to not spend much time with the old man?
14. What kind of bird does Billy hit with a car in Chapter 1?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) An owl.
(c) A dove.
(d) A crow.
15. Where does Billy come back from a dance from at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(c) La Paz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age is the young woman John Grady becomes fascinated with on his first visit to the whorehouse?
2. What is the name of the man that owns the ranch the boys work for in the book?
3. From what ailment does the piano player at the White Lake suffer?
4. What does the person that drove across the desert say his car grill was filled with after it was over?
5. What sign does John Grady tell Mac he saw that told him a horse was lame in Chapter 1?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)