|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of entertainment is at the Moderno?
(a) A magic show.
(b) A circus
(c) Exotic dancing.
2. What does Eduardo refer to Magdalena as when Billy meets him for the first time?
(a) "A precious gem".
(b) "A whore to the bone".
(c) "A lovely child".
(d) "A little sinner".
3. Where does John Grady meet with Magdalena after he finds out he cannot buy her?
(a) The woods.
(b) Her room.
(c) His house.
(d) Mac's house.
4. Which of the following things do the men not do at the saloon they go to together in Chapter 2?
(b) Play music.
(d) Play shuffleboard.
5. Who does John Grady fill in about his love affair with Magdalena first in Chapter 2?
6. What does Troy tell Billy he will do about his injured car after he hits a bird in Chapter 1?
(a) Replace his windows for free.
(b) Give him a new car.
(c) Split the cost of the damage.
(d) Loan him his car.
7. What does John Grady do when he is offered work by a man on another farm in Chapter 1?
(a) Takes it.
(b) Laughs at the man.
(c) Turns it down.
(d) Gives it to a friend.
8. What part of the car is damaged when Billy hits a bird in Chapter 1?
(a) The windshield.
(b) The bumper.
(c) The tires.
(d) The driver's door.
9. Why does John Grady not go to Magdalena at the White Lake at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) He cannot afford it.
(b) He is mad.
(c) He is no longer interested in her.
(d) He is sad.
10. Who does Troy ride all day with after contemplating leaving Mac's ranch in Chapter 1?
(d) John Grady.
11. What nationality are the group of people Billy stops on the side of the road to help in Chapter 1?
12. What is the name of the fort Billy and Troy arrive at in Chapter 1?
(a) Fort Plion.
(b) Fort Wetumpka.
(c) Fort Meyer.
(d) Fort Davis.
13. Who does John Grady help to breed a mare in Chapter 1?
14. What heirloom of his grandfather's does John Grady pawn off in Chapter 2?
(a) His necktie.
(b) His pistol.
(c) His truck.
(d) His watch.
15. How much does John Grady get when he sells his horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with the group of people's car that Billy stops to help in Chapter 1?
2. What age is the young woman John Grady becomes fascinated with on his first visit to the whorehouse?
3. What war could Billy not fight in?
4. How does John Grady end up on crutches near the beginning of the book?
5. What does Mac say he has been forced to do that he wishes he had not after returning to the ranch after the horse auction?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)