|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ch. III Pg. 153-177.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Magdalena tell John Grady for why she was sold as a young girl?
(a) Out of spite from her mother.
(b) To pay off a gambling debt.
(c) To teach her a lesson.
(d) Because she tried to run away.
2. Who does Troy ride all day with after contemplating leaving Mac's ranch in Chapter 1?
(b) John Grady.
3. Which cowboys are the only ones to make their horses go to the top of the mesa while tracking animals in Chapter 3?
(a) Mac and John Grady.
(b) John Grady and Billy.
(c) John Grady and Troy.
(d) Billy and Mac.
4. How old does Magdalena tell John Grady she was when she was first sold as a young girl?
5. What do the men use along with their horse to free the puppies from being trapped in the book?
(a) Hound dogs.
(b) All the other men.
(c) A small tree.
(d) A tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the brothel where John Grady finds the woman he has been searching for?
2. How much does John Grady pay to spend an entire night with the woman he has been searching for since the beginning of the book?
3. Who believes there is a litter of puppies hidden in the mesa and wants to find them?
4. Who does John Grady help to breed a mare in Chapter 1?
5. Where does John Grady wait for Magdalena at the White Lake unexpectedly in Chapter 2?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)