Ch. I Pages 3-26
1. Who is the author of "Cities of the Plain"?
(a) Cormac McCarthy.
(b) Robert Frost.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Earnest Hemingway.
2. Which of the following men are not present at the whorehouse at the beginning of the book?
(d) John Grady.
3. What is the name of the whorehouse the men visit at the beginning of the book?
(a) El Mijo.
(b) La Venada.
(c) El Tiendo.
(d) La Muher.
4. What age is the young woman John Grady becomes fascinated with on his first visit to the whorehouse?
(a) 19 or 21.
(b) 15 or 17.
(d) 12 or 14.
5. Who is described as never sleeping with anyone in Chapter 1?
(b) John Grady.
6. What is the name of the man that owns the ranch the boys work for in the book?
7. Who does John Grady spend a day out with the cattle early on in the book?
This section contains 4,207 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)