|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what does Anita say two vampires cannot have?
2. What does Anita do on her way downstairs to see Jean-Claude that Irving assures her is not necessary?
3. Why is Anita angry about Jean-Claude's discovery of what Alejandro has done to her?
4. What does Larry find leverage in during Anita and Bert's argument in Chapter 32?
5. How does Anita escape from the cave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
2. What does Ronnie tell Anita when she calls in Chapter 31?
3. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
4. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
5. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
6. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
7. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
8. What happens when Anita reaches the cave where she is supposed to be meeting Mr. Oliver?
9. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
10. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)