|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Anita's slumber in Chapter 27?
2. What does Anita refuse to allow Larry to do at the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 34?
3. What does Anita ask Irving to do before revealing that Alejandro is the Master of the City?
4. In Chapter 46, what does Jean-Claude explain will take place inside the ring?
5. What does Anita do on her way downstairs to see Jean-Claude that Irving assures her is not necessary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (violence, manipulation, paranormal beings) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
Essay Topic 3
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)