|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anita tell Edward is the Master of the City?
2. What is Melanie?
3. What did Jeremy Ruebens claim on the morning news?
4. Why is Anita angry at Richard in Chapter 42?
5. Where are Anita, Larry and Edward directed by one of Jean-Claude's vampires in Chapter 46?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
2. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
3. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
4. Who is Melanie?
5. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
6. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
7. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
8. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
9. Describe Mr. Oliver.
10. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita view herself? Why does she view herself in this way? Is her self-perception accurate or skewed, and in what way(s)?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jean-Claude and Richard. How are their relationships with Anita similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
What is RPIT? How is Anita involved with RPIT? How does the presence of RPIT affect the novel as a whole?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)