|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Anita finally after home?
2. What does Anita refuse to allow Larry to do at the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 34?
3. What does Alejandro want Anita to become?
4. Who phones Anita in Chapter 28, requesting a meeting?
5. What does Anita threaten to do to save Larry at the Circus of the Damned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
2. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
3. Describe Mr. Oliver.
4. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
5. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
6. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
7. How does Alejandro convince Melanie to betray Mr. Oliver, and what does he want from Anita?
8. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
9. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
10. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
Essay Topic 3
What is Anita's primary motif throughout "Circus of the Damned"? How does this affect her decisions and actions? What are her other motifs throughout the novel?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)