|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 45, what does Anita learn is the murdering vampires' plan?
2. When Anita awakes in Chapter 42, where does she find herself?
3. Who does the murderous vampires' descriptions match?
4. What has Jean-Claude done that makes Anita claim she would rather have died?
5. Where does Irving say that Jean-Claude wants to meet Anita when he calls in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
2. Who is Melanie?
3. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
4. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
5. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
6. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
7. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
8. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
9. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
10. How does Alejandro convince Melanie to betray Mr. Oliver, and what does he want from Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 3
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)