|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alejandro force on Anita as Edward tries to kill Alejandro?
2. In Chapter 45, what does Anita learn is the murdering vampires' plan?
3. Who gives Anita the fourth mark to make her a human servant?
4. Who acts hurt that Anita does not trust him to take her to the meeting in Chapter 29?
5. Who leaves with Anita and Larry after the meeting with Jean-Claude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
2. Why does Anita call Mr. Oliver in Chapter 44, and how does she feel afterward?
3. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
4. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
5. Who is Melanie?
6. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
7. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
8. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
9. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
10. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)