|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anita feel about not knowing the location of Jean-Claude's daytime resting place?
2. How long has Inger been Mr. Oliver's human servant?
3. Who gives Anita the fourth mark to make her a human servant?
4. In Chapter 45, what does Anita learn is the murdering vampires' plan?
5. Why can nothing hurt Melanie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Oliver.
2. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
3. What does Dolph reveal when he phones Anita in Chapter 45?
4. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
5. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
6. What happens when Anita reaches the cave where she is supposed to be meeting Mr. Oliver?
7. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
8. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
9. What does Ronnie tell Anita when she calls in Chapter 31?
10. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)