|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anita feel about not knowing the location of Jean-Claude's daytime resting place?
2. Who shapeshifts into the water?
3. Where does Anita awake after passing out when she killed Alejandro?
4. Who joins the group's descent to see Jean-Claude in Chapter 34?
5. What does Mr. Oliver command Anita to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
2. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
3. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
4. Describe Mr. Oliver.
5. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
6. What does Dolph reveal when he phones Anita in Chapter 45?
7. Who is Melanie?
8. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
9. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
10. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)