|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alejandro tear apart during the fight at the Circus of the Damned?
2. Who does Anita ask to take her to see the Master of the City alone?
3. How does Anita feel after phoning Mr. Oliver?
4. In Chapter 46, what does Jean-Claude explain will take place inside the ring?
5. What does Alejandro force on Anita as Edward tries to kill Alejandro?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
2. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
3. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
4. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
5. What does Ronnie tell Anita when she calls in Chapter 31?
6. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
7. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
8. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
9. Describe Mr. Oliver.
10. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the setting of "Circus of the Damned" affect the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)