|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the group's descent to see Jean-Claude in Chapter 34?
2. Why does Anita feel pain in her leg in Chapter 41?
3. What did Jeremy Ruebens claim on the morning news?
4. At first, what is Anita able to tell about Mr. Oliver's age?
5. Why can nothing hurt Melanie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
2. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
3. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
4. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
5. Describe Mr. Oliver.
6. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
7. Who is Melanie?
8. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
9. Why does Anita call Mr. Oliver in Chapter 44, and how does she feel afterward?
10. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
Essay Topic 2
How does Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)