|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jeremy Ruebens claim on the morning news?
2. Who gives Anita the fourth mark to make her a human servant?
3. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done to Anita?
4. What does Anita do when she takes the hammer and stake from Mr. Oliver?
5. In the caves, where does Anita's first bullet hit Alejandro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
2. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
3. Describe Mr. Oliver.
4. What does Dolph reveal when he phones Anita in Chapter 45?
5. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
6. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
7. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
8. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
9. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
10. How does Alejandro convince Melanie to betray Mr. Oliver, and what does he want from Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How does Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship affect the story?
Essay Topic 3
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)