|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jean-Claude prevent Anita from shooting Yasmeen in Chapter 36?
2. What does Alejandro say will happen once Anita kills Jean-Claude?
3. Who pages Anita on Halloween night?
4. When Mr. Oliver makes Anita feel warm and comfortable, how does she react?
5. Who does Anita shoot in the face in Chapter 40?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
2. What happens when Anita reaches the cave where she is supposed to be meeting Mr. Oliver?
3. Who is Melanie?
4. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
5. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
6. Describe Mr. Oliver.
7. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
8. Who is waiting for Anita at her apartment in Chapter 26, and what transpires?
9. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
10. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
Essay Topic 2
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel change if a different point of view were used?
Essay Topic 3
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)