|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita do when she takes the hammer and stake from Mr. Oliver?
2. Why is Anita angry about Jean-Claude's discovery of what Alejandro has done to her?
3. Who pages Anita on Halloween night?
4. When Anita awakes in Chapter 42, where does she find herself?
5. Who is Anita asked to meet in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
2. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
3. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
4. Describe Mr. Oliver.
5. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
6. Why is Larry eager to hunt vampires?
7. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
8. What does Dolph reveal when he phones Anita in Chapter 45?
9. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
10. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Anita's primary motif throughout "Circus of the Damned"? How does this affect her decisions and actions? What are her other motifs throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Anita and Edward.
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)