|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alejandro unable to control Anita?
2. How old does Anita learn that Mr. Oliver is?
3. What has Alejandro offered Melanie for her assistance?
4. Where is Anita taken in Chapter 39?
5. What wakes Anita from her sleep in Chapter 27?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
2. Who is waiting for Anita at her apartment in Chapter 26, and what transpires?
3. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
4. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
5. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
6. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
7. Why does Anita call Mr. Oliver in Chapter 44, and how does she feel afterward?
8. Why is Larry eager to hunt vampires?
9. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
10. How does Alejandro convince Melanie to betray Mr. Oliver, and what does he want from Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
Essay Topic 2
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (violence, manipulation, paranormal beings) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)