|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Larry pinned to the floor when Anita returns to him in Chapter 36?
2. Why can nothing hurt Melanie?
3. Why does Anita feel pain in her leg in Chapter 41?
4. Where are Anita, Larry and Edward directed by one of Jean-Claude's vampires in Chapter 46?
5. After Anita escapes from the cave, who picks her up on the side of the road?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awaits Anita at her apartment after she returns from the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 38?
2. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
3. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
4. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
5. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
6. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
7. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
8. Who is Melanie?
9. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
10. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)