|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude try to do in Anita's dream in Chapter 27?
2. Why is Alejandro unable to control Anita?
3. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done to Anita?
4. What does Larry find leverage in during Anita and Bert's argument in Chapter 32?
5. What did Jeremy Ruebens claim on the morning news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
2. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
3. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
4. What does Ronnie tell Anita when she calls in Chapter 31?
5. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
6. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
7. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
8. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
9. Who is Melanie?
10. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 2
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship affect the story?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)