|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude confirm by touching Anita's skin?
2. Why does Jean-Claude bleed profusely from his side?
3. Where does Irving say that Jean-Claude wants to meet Anita when he calls in Chapter 33?
4. Who does the murderous vampires' descriptions match?
5. What does Anita decide to do as Richard takes her home after Jean-Claude gives her the third mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
2. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
3. What awaits Anita at her apartment after she returns from the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 38?
4. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
5. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
6. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
7. Describe Mr. Oliver.
8. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
9. How does Alejandro convince Melanie to betray Mr. Oliver, and what does he want from Anita?
10. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 3
Which characters are present in the novel as the protagonist and the antagonist? Why are these characters labeled in this way?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)