|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, who does Ronnie remember?
2. What does Alejandro force on Anita as Edward tries to kill Alejandro?
3. Why is Anita angry about Jean-Claude's discovery of what Alejandro has done to her?
4. Who does the murderous vampires' descriptions match?
5. Why is Alejandro unable to control Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
2. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
3. What does Dolph reveal when he phones Anita in Chapter 45?
4. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
5. Describe Mr. Oliver.
6. Why is Larry eager to hunt vampires?
7. Why does Anita call Mr. Oliver in Chapter 44, and how does she feel afterward?
8. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
9. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
10. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)