|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who blocks the road first as Anita and Larry jump into her car to leave the cemetery?
2. At the police station, who questions everyone after the police have finished their questioning?
3. Who does Anita determine is responsible for the death she investigates in Chapter 2?
4. Before going to bed, who does Anita leave a message for, claiming she needs to meet?
5. What does Alejandro want from Anita?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Jeremy Ruebens and Karl Inger, what do they want from Anita, and how does she respond?
2. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
3. Why do Anita and Alejandro fight, and how does their fight end?
4. At the police station, what do Anita and Jean-Claude argue about?
5. Who does Larry hit with the car, and what happens when Anita checks on the person?
6. How does Alejandro convince Anita to relinquish her gun?
7. Where does Anita go in Chapter 5, and what does she see?
8. What does Anita see when she regains consciousness?
9. What happens while Anita is examining the body at the second crime scene, and why is this significant?
10. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 11 as well as her reaction to it.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)