|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a monster bounty hunter?
2. Who is the second victim Anita's team encounters at the morgue?
3. What is the name of the zombie that is raised in Chapter 19?
4. Who once worshipped the snake as a god?
5. Who does the animalistic vampire attack at the morgue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Edward, and what does he want with Anita?
2. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
3. What does Jean-Claude believe Alejandro has done, how does Anita respond, and what does Jean-Claude say are her only options now?
4. Why does Bert page Anita, and what does Anita tell him in response?
5. How is the giant cobra defeated?
6. What does Dolph reveal when he phones Anita in Chapter 45?
7. What does Anita think about Larry as she talks to him while the Doughal family speaks with the zombie?
8. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
9. What emergency arises at the end of Chapter 6?
10. How does everyone in the room react to the fight between Anita and Yasmeen?
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)