|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first vomits at the site of the second victim at the morgue?
2. Why does Anita tell Larry not to stop the car, despite the road being blocked, in Chapter 22?
3. What becomes clear just as Anita finishes putting the zombie back in his grave in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Bert page Anita while she is at the second murder scene?
5. What group does the man Ronnie knows by the first victim's name belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the calls that Anita makes before going to sleep in Chapter 3.
2. Who does Larry hit with the car, and what happens when Anita checks on the person?
3. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 11 as well as her reaction to it.
4. What emergency arises at the end of Chapter 6?
5. When does the animalistic vampire attack Anita's group, and what happens?
6. What does Anita think about Larry as she talks to him while the Doughal family speaks with the zombie?
7. Why do Anita and Alejandro fight, and how does their fight end?
8. Who are Jeremy Ruebens and Karl Inger, what do they want from Anita, and how does she respond?
9. What does Anita do when it becomes clear that someone is out there in the dark after her zombie raising appointment?
10. What does Anita see when she regains consciousness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (violence, manipulation, paranormal beings) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)