|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Anita and takes her to Jean-Claude?
2. What does Anita hit with the car while she is driving away from Oakglen Cemetery with Larry?
3. Who first vomits at the site of the second victim at the morgue?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Ruebens want Anita to tell him?
5. Who is the only human that knows the identity of the Master of the City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 11 as well as her reaction to it.
2. When does the animalistic vampire attack Anita's group, and what happens?
3. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
4. What does Richard explain about Stephen at the police station?
5. How is the giant cobra defeated?
6. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
7. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
8. Where does Anita go in Chapter 5, and what does she see?
9. What happens while Anita is examining the body at the second crime scene, and why is this significant?
10. What does Anita see when she regains consciousness?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
Essay Topic 3
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel change if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)