|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nude man's name?
2. What suddenly surrounds Anita and Larry in Chapter 23?
3. Who calls and wakes Anita while she is in the middle of a strange dream?
4. What happens while Anita is examining the second victim?
5. What is the only difference between the first and second murder scenes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awaits Anita at her apartment after she returns from the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 38?
2. After leaving the police station, what do Anita and Richard discuss on the drive home?
3. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
4. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
5. Why does Richard take Anita to Jean-Claude in Chapter 42, and how does she react?
6. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
7. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
8. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
9. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
10. Who is Melanie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
Anita seems to live by her own set of morals. Is she a "moral" person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
This section contains 1,230 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)