|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who speaks to the zombie at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. Who does the animalistic vampire attack at the morgue?
3. Before going to bed, who does Anita leave a message for, claiming she needs to meet?
4. Who is the only human that knows the identity of the Master of the City?
5. Who calls Anita to reveal the identity of the vampire victim?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Larry Kirkland, and how does Anita save him in Chapter 19?
2. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
3. When does the animalistic vampire attack Anita's group, and what happens?
4. What does Anita think about Larry as she talks to him while the Doughal family speaks with the zombie?
5. What happens while Anita is examining the body at the second crime scene, and why is this significant?
6. What do Anita and Ronnie discuss at the gym?
7. Why does Anita show her scars to Larry, and how does he react?
8. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
9. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
10. At the police station, what do Anita and Jean-Claude argue about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Anita's primary motif throughout "Circus of the Damned"? How does this affect her decisions and actions? What are her other motifs throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (violence, manipulation, paranormal beings) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
Essay Topic 3
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)