|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hands Anita her black leather jacket after her fight with Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
2. Who blocks the road first as Anita and Larry jump into her car to leave the cemetery?
3. Who is obviously jealous of Anita's attraction toward Richard?
4. Who does Anita determine is responsible for the death she investigates in Chapter 2?
5. Who arrives after the snake is decapitated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
2. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
3. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
4. What happens when Anita tries to put Andrew Doughal back in his grave?
5. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
6. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
7. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
8. After leaving the police station, what do Anita and Richard discuss on the drive home?
9. How does Alejandro convince Anita to relinquish her gun?
10. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (violence, manipulation, paranormal beings) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jean-Claude and Richard. How are their relationships with Anita similar and different?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)