|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Anita to reveal the identity of the vampire victim?
2. What does Anita hit with the car while she is driving away from Oakglen Cemetery with Larry?
3. Who hands Anita her black leather jacket after her fight with Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
4. What does Anita do when Ruebens threatens her?
5. Who calls and wakes Anita while she is in the middle of a strange dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anita go in Chapter 5, and what does she see?
2. How is the giant cobra defeated?
3. How does everyone in the room react to the fight between Anita and Yasmeen?
4. Why do Anita and Alejandro fight, and how does their fight end?
5. Describe the calls that Anita makes before going to sleep in Chapter 3.
6. Why does Anita decide they are in big trouble at the morgue?
7. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
8. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
9. What do Anita and Ronnie discuss at the gym?
10. What happens between Anita and Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
What is Anita's primary motif throughout "Circus of the Damned"? How does this affect her decisions and actions? What are her other motifs throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)