|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes clear just as Anita finishes putting the zombie back in his grave in Chapter 21?
2. Who takes point position as the group approaches the vampire vault at the morgue?
3. Before going to bed, who does Anita leave a message for, claiming she needs to meet?
4. Why does Anita tell Larry not to stop the car, despite the road being blocked, in Chapter 22?
5. Who hands Anita her black leather jacket after her fight with Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Jeremy Ruebens and Karl Inger, what do they want from Anita, and how does she respond?
2. What does Jean-Claude want Anita to do when the giant cobra goes crazy, and how does she respond?
3. Why does Anita show her scars to Larry, and how does he react?
4. What does Anita do when it becomes clear that someone is out there in the dark after her zombie raising appointment?
5. What emergency arises at the end of Chapter 6?
6. What is Anita's reaction to the crime scene she examines in Chapter 2?
7. Why does Bert page Anita, and what does Anita tell him in response?
8. Why do Anita and Alejandro fight, and how does their fight end?
9. How is the giant cobra defeated?
10. Who is Edward, and what does he want with Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the action of "Circus of the Damned" affected by this novel being part of a series? Does this aid or hinder reader comprehension if a reader has not read the rest of the series? What aspects of this book are affected by it being part of a series?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the main themes in this novel (violence, manipulation, paranormal beings) and detail its recurrences throughout the novel. What does it add to the novel? How does it affect the difference characters?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anita view herself? Why does she view herself in this way? Is her self-perception accurate or skewed, and in what way(s)?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)