|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Anita is examining the second victim?
2. What has happened to the steel door of the vampire vault at the morgue?
3. Who convinces Anita to invite Richard to a friend's Halloween party?
4. Who pages Anita while she is talking to Richard on the phone in Chapter 13?
5. Who is obviously jealous of Anita's attraction toward Richard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anita's reaction to the crime scene she examines in Chapter 2?
2. At the police station, what do Anita and Jean-Claude argue about?
3. Who does Larry hit with the car, and what happens when Anita checks on the person?
4. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
5. After leaving the police station, what do Anita and Richard discuss on the drive home?
6. Who are the two victims at the morgue, how were they killed, and how does Anita's team react?
7. Why does Anita decide they are in big trouble at the morgue?
8. What happens between Anita and Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
9. Why does Bert page Anita, and what does Anita tell him in response?
10. Who is Edward, and what does he want with Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 2
How does Anita view herself? Why does she view herself in this way? Is her self-perception accurate or skewed, and in what way(s)?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jean-Claude and Richard. How are their relationships with Anita similar and different?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)