|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard convince Anita to do?
2. Who meets Anita and takes her to Jean-Claude?
3. Why does Anita order someone to call the St. Louis City Morgue?
4. Who does Anita dream about in Chapter 11?
5. What does Anita watch from the outside of the ring in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anita decide they are in big trouble at the morgue?
2. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 11 as well as her reaction to it.
3. Who are Jeremy Ruebens and Karl Inger, what do they want from Anita, and how does she respond?
4. What does Jean-Claude want Anita to do when the giant cobra goes crazy, and how does she respond?
5. What does Anita think about Larry as she talks to him while the Doughal family speaks with the zombie?
6. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
7. What do Anita and Ronnie discuss at the gym?
8. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
9. Describe the calls that Anita makes before going to sleep in Chapter 3.
10. What happens when Anita tries to put Andrew Doughal back in his grave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship affect the story?
Essay Topic 2
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)