|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marguerite burst into a mad frenzy?
2. What is the main attraction in the big tent?
3. What does Ronnie tease Anita about in Chapter 13?
4. What is the name of the zombie that is raised in Chapter 19?
5. Who first vomits at the site of the second victim at the morgue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
2. Why does Anita call Mr. Oliver in Chapter 44, and how does she feel afterward?
3. How does Alejandro convince Anita to relinquish her gun?
4. What is Mr. Oliver's goal, according to what he tells Anita in Chapter 30?
5. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
6. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
7. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
8. After leaving the police station, what do Anita and Richard discuss on the drive home?
9. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
10. Who is Edward, and what does he want with Anita?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)