|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita refuse to allow Jean-Claude to do during the fight with the giant cobra at the Circus of the Damned?
2. What does Richard convince Anita to do?
3. What happens when the animalistic vampire is shot in the chest?
4. What does Anita watch from the outside of the ring in Chapter 7?
5. Who is a monster bounty hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Anita go in Chapter 5, and what does she see?
2. After leaving the police station, what do Anita and Richard discuss on the drive home?
3. What do Anita and Ronnie discuss at the gym?
4. What happens when Anita tries to put Andrew Doughal back in his grave?
5. Who are the two victims at the morgue, how were they killed, and how does Anita's team react?
6. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
7. What is Anita's reaction to the crime scene she examines in Chapter 2?
8. Who does Larry hit with the car, and what happens when Anita checks on the person?
9. How does everyone in the room react to the fight between Anita and Yasmeen?
10. Describe the calls that Anita makes before going to sleep in Chapter 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do the minor characters in the novel affect the plot? How would the novel be different if one or more of these characters were removed?
Essay Topic 2
How does Anita change throughout the novel? Detail the changes she makes and the reasons behind those changes.
Essay Topic 3
How does the first person point-of-view enhance and inhibit the story? How would the novel change if a different point of view were used?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)