|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the animalistic vampire is shot in the chest?
2. What is the main attraction in the big tent?
3. Who hands Anita her black leather jacket after her fight with Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Anita tell Larry not to stop the car, despite the road being blocked, in Chapter 22?
5. What does Ronnie tease Anita about in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean-Claude want Anita to do when the giant cobra goes crazy, and how does she respond?
2. Why do Anita and Alejandro fight, and how does their fight end?
3. Why does Bert page Anita, and what does Anita tell him in response?
4. What happens between Anita and Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
5. What emergency arises at the end of Chapter 6?
6. What is Anita's reaction to the crime scene she examines in Chapter 2?
7. What does Anita see when she regains consciousness?
8. At the police station, what do Anita and Jean-Claude argue about?
9. What does Anita do when it becomes clear that someone is out there in the dark after her zombie raising appointment?
10. Who are the two victims at the morgue, how were they killed, and how does Anita's team react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
Essay Topic 3
How would the story be different if Anita simply agreed to be Jean-Claude's human servant?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)