|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Anita determine is responsible for the death she investigates in Chapter 2?
2. Who does the animalistic vampire attack at the morgue?
3. Who blocks the road first as Anita and Larry jump into her car to leave the cemetery?
4. Who first vomits at the site of the second victim at the morgue?
5. Who convinces Anita to invite Richard to a friend's Halloween party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Larry hit with the car, and what happens when Anita checks on the person?
2. What do Anita and Ronnie discuss at the gym?
3. What does Richard explain about Stephen at the police station?
4. What is Anita's reaction to the crime scene she examines in Chapter 2?
5. Who is Edward, and what does he want with Anita?
6. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
7. Where does Anita go in Chapter 5, and what does she see?
8. When does the animalistic vampire attack Anita's group, and what happens?
9. What emergency arises at the end of Chapter 6?
10. How does everyone in the room react to the fight between Anita and Yasmeen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Anita's relationships with the men in her life, specifically Jean-Claude, Richard, Edward and Larry. How does she treat them differently and why? How do each of these men view Anita?
Essay Topic 3
How does Anita view herself? Why does she view herself in this way? Is her self-perception accurate or skewed, and in what way(s)?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)