|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls and wakes Anita while she is in the middle of a strange dream?
2. What does Anita refuse to allow Jean-Claude to do during the fight with the giant cobra at the Circus of the Damned?
3. In Chapter 15, who is the only person with silver-plated bullets?
4. Who first vomits at the site of the second victim at the morgue?
5. What becomes clear just as Anita finishes putting the zombie back in his grave in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Anita tries to put Andrew Doughal back in his grave?
2. What wakes Anita from her sleep, and how does she feel about her appointment?
3. What emergency arises at the end of Chapter 6?
4. What does Richard explain about Stephen at the police station?
5. What does Anita do when it becomes clear that someone is out there in the dark after her zombie raising appointment?
6. Who is Edward, and what does he want with Anita?
7. How does Alejandro convince Anita to relinquish her gun?
8. Who is Larry Kirkland, and how does Anita save him in Chapter 19?
9. Describe the St. Louis City Morgue and the vampire vault.
10. Describe the calls that Anita makes before going to sleep in Chapter 3.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are the different symbols (the Master of the City, Circus of the Damned, etc.) used throughout the novel to represent abstract concepts? Detail and explain how the symbols are used to describe certain abstract concepts and which concepts they describe.
Essay Topic 2
How does the setting of "Circus of the Damned" affect the action of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
How is foreshadowing used in "Circus of the Damned"? Choose one major instance of foreshadowing and follow it through the book, finishing with how the event is fulfilled.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)