|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills the animalistic vampire by repeatedly shooting it in the head?
2. What does Anita show Larry in an attempt to dissuade him from becoming a vampire hunter?
3. How does Anita feel about inviting Richard to her friend's Halloween party?
4. What is the only difference between the first and second murder scenes?
5. Where does Anita Blake meet Jeremy Ruebens and Karl Inger in the beginning of Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dolph tell Anita when he calls her about the second crime scene?
2. At the police station, what do Anita and Jean-Claude argue about?
3. What is Anita's reaction to the crime scene she examines in Chapter 2?
4. What happens between Anita and Yasmeen in Chapter 6?
5. When does the animalistic vampire attack Anita's group, and what happens?
6. What happens when Anita tries to put Andrew Doughal back in his grave?
7. What does Richard explain about Stephen at the police station?
8. Describe Anita's dream in Chapter 11 as well as her reaction to it.
9. What does Jean-Claude want Anita to do when the giant cobra goes crazy, and how does she respond?
10. Who does Larry hit with the car, and what happens when Anita checks on the person?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Anita and Edward.
Essay Topic 2
Investigate "Circus of the Damned" as paranormal romance. How does it adhere to and differ from the typical paranormal romance? What changes could be made to mark it more clearly as paranormal romance? What changes could be made to prevent critics from classifying the novel as paranormal romance?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters that act as a foil to one another. In what ways do these characters serve as opposites? Are these differences indicative of good and evil?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)