|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anita feel about not knowing the location of Jean-Claude's daytime resting place?
2. What does Anita do when she takes the hammer and stake from Mr. Oliver?
(a) Drives the stake into her own heart.
(b) Drives the stake into Alejandro's heart.
(c) Drives the stake into Mr. Oliver's heart.
(d) Drives the stake into Jean-Claude's heart.
3. How does Anita escape from the cave?
(a) Through a narrow crack that leads outside.
(b) She is rescued.
(c) She kills everyone.
(d) She does not escape; they release her.
4. What does Anita have no choice about doing in Chapter 38?
(a) Receiving the first mark from Mr. Oliver.
(b) Raising a zombie.
(c) Revealing the daytime resting place of the Master of the City.
(d) Going to see Mr. Oliver.
5. Why does Jean-Claude prevent Anita from shooting Yasmeen in Chapter 36?
(a) He does not prevent Anita from shooting Yasmeen.
(b) He is in love with Yasmeen.
(c) He needs Yasmeen to help him fight off Alejandro.
(d) He and Yasmeen have been friends for several centuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Anita's slumber in Chapter 27?
2. Who is Anita asked to meet in Chapter 28?
3. What has Alejandro offered Melanie for her assistance?
4. Where does Irving say that Jean-Claude wants to meet Anita when he calls in Chapter 33?
5. Where does Anita awake after passing out when she killed Alejandro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Anita reaches the cave where she is supposed to be meeting Mr. Oliver?
2. What awaits Anita at her apartment after she returns from the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 38?
3. Who is Melanie?
4. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
5. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
6. How does Alejandro convince Melanie to betray Mr. Oliver, and what does he want from Anita?
7. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
8. What does Anita want to prevent Larry from doing, who agrees, and why?
9. Describe Mr. Oliver.
10. What does Alejandro do to Anita during the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)