|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the caves, where does Anita's first bullet hit Alejandro?
(a) In the throat.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the head.
2. What has Alejandro offered Melanie for her assistance?
3. Who is waiting for Anita in her apartment in Chapter 38?
(b) Mr. Oliver and Karl Inger.
(c) Melanie and three men.
4. What is Melanie?
(a) An animator.
(b) A lamia.
(c) A werewolf.
(d) A vampire.
5. In Chapter 46, what does Jean-Claude explain will take place inside the ring?
(a) A giant cobra will eat its trainer.
(b) People will be turned into vampires.
(c) Mr. Oliver will assume Jean-Claude's title as Master of the City.
(d) A fight to the death between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver will occur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can nothing hurt Melanie?
2. What does Anita decide to do as Richard takes her home after Jean-Claude gives her the third mark?
3. In Chapter 45, what does Anita learn is the murdering vampires' plan?
4. In Chapter 34, who answers the door and leads Anita and Larry downstairs to Jean-Claude?
5. Who is waiting for Anita at her apartment in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mr. Oliver.
2. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
3. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
4. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
5. Who is Melanie?
6. Why does Karl Inger call Anita at home?
7. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
8. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
9. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
10. Describe the scene when Anita returns to Larry in Chapter 36.
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)