|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can nothing hurt Melanie?
(a) Because she is immortal.
(b) Melanie can be hurt.
(c) Because she wears armor.
(d) Because she is already dead.
2. Who acts hurt that Anita does not trust him to take her to the meeting in Chapter 29?
(b) Karl Inger.
(c) Mr. Oliver.
3. In the caves, where does Anita's first bullet hit Alejandro?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the throat.
4. What does Anita realize when she feels a strange wind at her back?
(a) She is going to die.
(b) Jean-Claude has arrived.
(c) Alejandro has given her the second mark.
(d) The police helicopter is landing.
5. Who does Anita tell Edward is the Master of the City?
(d) Mr. Oliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the second victim have in common with the first victim?
2. In Chapter 39, who tells Anita that Mr. Oliver will not be at this meeting?
3. Who stands atop a dais in front of a throne during the battle at the Circus of the Damned?
4. What does Mr. Oliver tell Anita he wants to do in Chapter 30?
5. What do Anita and Bert fight about in Chapter 32?
Short Essay Questions
1. What powers does Anita gain from receiving the third mark from Jean-Claude?
2. What awaits Anita at her apartment after she returns from the Circus of the Damned in Chapter 38?
3. What does Ronnie tell Anita when she calls in Chapter 31?
4. What do Anita, Larry and Bert argue about at the office?
5. How does Anita escape Alejandro in the cave?
6. Why is Larry eager to hunt vampires?
7. Who is Melanie?
8. What happens when Mr. Oliver orders Anita to kill Jean-Claude?
9. Describe Mr. Oliver.
10. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)