|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what is Anita able to tell about Mr. Oliver's age?
(a) He is a newborn.
(b) He is at least 500 years old.
(c) He is older than anything or anyone she ever imagined.
(d) He is over 100 years old.
2. Who is waiting for Anita in her apartment in Chapter 38?
(b) Mr. Oliver and Karl Inger.
(c) Melanie and three men.
3. What advice does Anita give Richard as he drops her off at her apartment?
(a) To never speak to her again.
(b) To get away from Jean-Claude.
(c) To leave town.
(d) To tell Mr. Oliver that Jean-Claude is the Master of the City.
4. Who does Anita ask to take her to see the Master of the City alone?
5. Where does Anita awake after passing out when she killed Alejandro?
(a) At Circus of the Damned.
(b) At Animators, Inc.
(c) At her apartment.
(d) At the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anita angry at Richard in Chapter 42?
2. Why is Anita angry about Jean-Claude's discovery of what Alejandro has done to her?
3. What does Anita ask Irving to do before revealing that Alejandro is the Master of the City?
4. When Mr. Oliver makes Anita feel warm and comfortable, how does she react?
5. What does Alejandro say will happen once Anita kills Jean-Claude?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irving tell Anita in Chapter 27, and what does she ask him to do?
2. Where do Anita and Larry go in Chapter 34, what does Anita warn Larry about, and who escorts them inside?
3. What does Anita tell Jean-Claude when she reaches him?
4. Describe the scene before the fight between Jean-Claude and Mr. Oliver.
5. What does Jean-Claude explain to Anita when she arrives at the Circus of the Damned on Halloween?
6. What happens when Anita reaches the cave where she is supposed to be meeting Mr. Oliver?
7. What happens when Anita shoots Melanie, and why?
8. What does Richard tell Anita when she awakes in the hospital in the final chapter?
9. Who is Melanie?
10. Who is waiting for Anita at her apartment in Chapter 26, and what transpires?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)