|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) under a loose floorboard
(b) in a cardboard box
(c) in a sock under the counter
(d) the drawers of the sewing machine
2. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
3. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a dance
(b) a birthday jparty
(c) the movies again
(d) a night time drive
4. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
(a) because she won't hold his hand
(b) because he saw her with Aidan
(c) because he is going away
(d) because she still has to go home nights
5. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(b) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(c) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
(d) Paddy flirts with Kit
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
2. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
3. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
4. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
5. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
2. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
3. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
4. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
5. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
6. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
7. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
8. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
9. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
10. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)