|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
2. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she thinks it will spite Simon
(b) she knows her grandfather was there
(c) she says it is her best Easter ever
(d) she likes being a star
3. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she no longer looks depressed
(b) she has gained too much weight
(c) she has gotten very thin
(d) she looks haggard and confused
4. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
(a) because she still has to go home nights
(b) because he is going away
(c) because she won't hold his hand
(d) because he saw her with Aidan
5. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
2. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
3. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
4. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
5. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice of Nan's does Benny use to dissuade her father from walking her to Eve's party and coming to collect her later?
2. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
3. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
4. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
5. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
6. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
7. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
8. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
9. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
10. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)