|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
2. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
(a) because Benny has a serious weight problem
(b) because Jack is too serious about her
(c) because Benny may be taking Jack seriously
(d) because she will have to stay home more
3. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they had big arguments over Kit
(b) they wrote letters but never met
(c) they both loved motorbikes
(d) they knew each other and had a relationship
4. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) to mend a flat tire
(b) because he runs out of gas
(c) so he can hold her and let her cry
(d) because he needs to kiss her
5. Why does Benny go to work at the shop?
(a) she thinks it will help her be close to Eddie
(b) she wants to learn about business
(c) she wants to be close to Sean
(d) she has an interest in it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
2. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
3. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
4. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
5. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
2. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
3. How does Sean manipulate an invitation to the Hogan's house for Christmas?
4. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
5. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
6. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
7. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
8. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
9. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
10. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)