|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
(a) Mother Clare
(b) she is ill
(c) her brother comes to visit
(d) the boys in her house
2. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) good clothes like Nan
(b) a grandfather
(c) a circle of friends
(d) enough money
3. What does Patsy say about how Benny's parents feel about a relationship between Benny and Sean?
(a) they do not care if Benny does not like Sean
(b) they are worried about it
(c) they would like it to be forever
(d) they think Benny meets Sean secretly
4. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
(a) whether Sean killed Eddie to get the shop
(b) whether Eddie was about to fire Sean
(c) whether Sean can take control
(d) whether Sean had been made a partner
5. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) on a blanket in the country
(b) in Eve's cottage
(c) in the hotel
(d) in Jack's room at home
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
2. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
3. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
4. What does Simon want from Eve?
5. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
2. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
3. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
4. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
5. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
6. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
7. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
8. How does Sean manipulate an invitation to the Hogan's house for Christmas?
9. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
10. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)