|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(b) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
(c) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
(d) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
2. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) a circle of friends
(b) good clothes like Nan
(c) a grandfather
(d) enough money
3. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
4. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(b) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
(c) they were out walking
(d) they got lost on the way to dublin
5. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) kisses her hand
(b) pushes her hair back
(c) laughs out loud
(d) pulls away from her
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
2. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
3. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
4. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
5. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
2. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
3. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
4. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
5. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
6. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
7. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
8. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
9. How does Sean manipulate an invitation to the Hogan's house for Christmas?
10. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)