|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she has gained too much weight
(b) she has gotten very thin
(c) she looks haggard and confused
(d) she no longer looks depressed
2. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
(a) Jack Foley
(b) Mother Clare
(c) her husband
3. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
(a) that he and Benny get married
(b) that they give him free clothes instead of a raise
(c) that he become a partner in lieu of a raise
(d) that Mr. Hogan sell him the store
4. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(b) the lawyer
(c) Mother Francis
5. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
(a) hiding from Nan
(b) looking for a wife
(c) looking for a job
(d) selling some heirlooms
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
2. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
3. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
4. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
5. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
2. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
3. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
4. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
5. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
6. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
7. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
8. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
9. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
10. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)