|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
2. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
(a) it will never happen
(b) we can elope tonight
(c) all right if the baby lives
(d) it's the only thing we can do
3. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says Eve plays too many games
(b) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(c) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(d) she says Eve never notices anything
4. What does Patsy say about how Benny's parents feel about a relationship between Benny and Sean?
(a) they think Benny meets Sean secretly
(b) they are worried about it
(c) they do not care if Benny does not like Sean
(d) they would like it to be forever
5. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she leaves school and finds a job
(b) she drops out of the circle of friends
(c) she comes to love herself
(d) she becomes bitter
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
2. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
3. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
4. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
5. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
2. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
3. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
4. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
5. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
6. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
7. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
8. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
9. What advice of Nan's does Benny use to dissuade her father from walking her to Eve's party and coming to collect her later?
10. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)