|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in the hotel
(b) on a blanket in the country
(c) in Jack's room at home
(d) in Eve's cottage
2. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
(a) that she loves him
(b) that she no longer wants to see him
(c) that she is leaving the country
(d) that she is pregnant with his child
3. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) so he can hold her and let her cry
(b) to mend a flat tire
(c) because he needs to kiss her
(d) because he runs out of gas
4. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a night time drive
(b) a birthday jparty
(c) the movies again
(d) a dance
5. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
(a) Jack Foley
(b) Mother Clare
(d) her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
2. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
3. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
4. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
5. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
2. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
3. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
4. What advice of Nan's does Benny use to dissuade her father from walking her to Eve's party and coming to collect her later?
5. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
6. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
7. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
8. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
9. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
10. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)