|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a birthday jparty
(b) the movies again
(c) a night time drive
(d) a dance
2. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
(c) Mother Francis
3. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
(a) that Mr. Hogan sell him the store
(b) that he and Benny get married
(c) that they give him free clothes instead of a raise
(d) that he become a partner in lieu of a raise
4. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
(a) that he no longer loves her
(b) that his parents want them to break up
(c) that he has to marry Nan
(d) that he has been lying to her about his feelings
5. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
(a) seeing nuns in trees
(b) walking on all fours
(c) talking to animals
(d) dancing jigs in the streets
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
2. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
3. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
4. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
5. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sean manipulate an invitation to the Hogan's house for Christmas?
2. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
3. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
4. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
5. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
6. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
7. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
8. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
9. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
10. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)