|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(a) Maj. Westward's
2. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) under a loose floorboard
(b) the drawers of the sewing machine
(c) in a cardboard box
(d) in a sock under the counter
3. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to teach Benny better manners
(b) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(c) to make rosemary jealous
(d) to keep her away from Jack Foley
4. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
5. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
(a) because he saw her with Aidan
(b) because she won't hold his hand
(c) because he is going away
(d) because she still has to go home nights
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
2. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
3. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
4. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
5. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
2. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
3. What advice of Nan's does Benny use to dissuade her father from walking her to Eve's party and coming to collect her later?
4. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
5. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
6. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
7. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
8. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
9. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
10. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)