|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
(b) they were out walking
(c) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(d) they got lost on the way to dublin
2. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) at Westlands
(b) the Dublin Inn
(c) Eve's cottage
(d) Mrs. Healey's hotel
3. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
(b) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(c) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
(d) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
4. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
(a) because of the way they are dressed
(b) because they are unescorted
(c) because they do not have the money
(d) because they are too young
5. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
2. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
3. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
4. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
5. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
2. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
3. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
4. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
5. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
6. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
7. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
8. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
9. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
10. How does Sean manipulate an invitation to the Hogan's house for Christmas?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)