|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
(a) to a convent to become a nun
(b) to Paris to learn French
(c) to London to study dress making
(d) to America to start fresh
2. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) laughs out loud
(b) pushes her hair back
(c) pulls away from her
(d) kisses her hand
3. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are angry
(b) they are confused
(c) they are indifferent
(d) they are thrilled
4. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is tired of Simon
(b) she is coming down with the flu
(c) she has learned that Simon has no money
(d) she is pregnant
5. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) Mother Francis
(c) the lawyer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
2. What does Patsy say about how Benny's parents feel about a relationship between Benny and Sean?
3. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
4. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
5. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
2. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
3. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
4. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
5. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
6. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
7. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
8. What does Benny learn from Eve about where Jack and Nan went for their trysts.
9. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
10. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)