|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
2. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
(b) Jack Foley
(c) her husband
(d) Mother Clare
3. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
(b) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
(c) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(d) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
4. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she is coming down with the flu
(c) she is tired of Simon
(d) she has learned that Simon has no money
5. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
2. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
3. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
4. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
5. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
2. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
3. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
4. What do Heather and Benny do when Benny finds her at the cottage?
5. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
6. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
7. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
8. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
9. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
10. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)