|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they got lost on the way to dublin
(b) they were out walking
(c) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(d) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
2. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
(a) the boys in her house
(b) she is ill
(c) her brother comes to visit
(d) Mother Clare
3. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(b) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
(c) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(d) Paddy flirts with Kit
4. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
(a) whether Sean killed Eddie to get the shop
(b) whether Sean can take control
(c) whether Sean had been made a partner
(d) whether Eddie was about to fire Sean
5. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
2. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
3. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
4. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
5. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
2. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
3. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
4. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
5. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
6. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
7. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
8. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
9. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
10. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)