|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) the movies again
(b) a birthday jparty
(c) a dance
(d) a night time drive
2. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
3. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are thrilled
(b) they are indifferent
(c) they are confused
(d) they are angry
4. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she says it is her best Easter ever
(b) she knows her grandfather was there
(c) she thinks it will spite Simon
(d) she likes being a star
5. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
(a) Mother Clare
(b) Jack Foley
(d) her husband
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
2. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
3. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
4. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
5. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
2. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
3. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
4. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
5. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
6. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
7. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
8. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
9. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
10. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)