|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she knows her grandfather was there
(b) she thinks it will spite Simon
(c) she says it is her best Easter ever
(d) she likes being a star
2. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(b) Mother Francis
(d) the lawyer
3. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) at Sheila's house in the country
(b) Benny's house in Knockglen
(c) Eve's boardinghouse
(d) to London with Rosemary
4. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
(a) that he has been lying to her about his feelings
(b) that he no longer loves her
(c) that his parents want them to break up
(d) that he has to marry Nan
5. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
(a) Benny has Sean arrested
(b) Nan commits suicide
(c) Westlands catches fire
(d) Heather disappears
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
2. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
3. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
4. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
5. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
2. How does Sean manipulate an invitation to the Hogan's house for Christmas?
3. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
4. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
5. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
6. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
7. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
8. What is Jacks suggestion to Benny when they can go around together in Dublin?
9. What is the exchange between Jack and Benny the morning after Jack took Nan to a dance?
10. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)