|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) they both think the other one is rich
(b) Nan is much taller than Simon
(c) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(d) everyone tried to keep them apart
2. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
(a) visiting Eve at the cottage
(b) riding bicycles
(c) walking to Westland
(d) eating candy
3. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they kiss
(c) they argue
(d) they make love
4. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) at Sheila's house in the country
(b) Eve's boardinghouse
(c) to London with Rosemary
(d) Benny's house in Knockglen
5. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) pushes her hair back
(b) pulls away from her
(c) laughs out loud
(d) kisses her hand
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
2. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
3. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
4. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
5. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice of Nan's does Benny use to dissuade her father from walking her to Eve's party and coming to collect her later?
2. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
3. What is the meeting like at the cafe when Kit and Joseph are there?
4. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
5. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
6. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
7. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
8. What advice does Dr. Johnson give Annabel when Eddie dies and why does he give it?
9. How does Benny get home to Knockglen after the news arrives that her father has died?
10. What does Nan do when she is sure she is pregnant?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)