|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) so he can hold her and let her cry
(b) because he needs to kiss her
(c) to mend a flat tire
(d) because he runs out of gas
2. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) Benny's house in Knockglen
(b) to London with Rosemary
(c) at Sheila's house in the country
(d) Eve's boardinghouse
3. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
(a) she is ill
(b) the boys in her house
(c) Mother Clare
(d) her brother comes to visit
4. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) in a cardboard box
(b) the drawers of the sewing machine
(c) under a loose floorboard
(d) in a sock under the counter
5. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) a circle of friends
(b) enough money
(c) a grandfather
(d) good clothes like Nan
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
2. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
3. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
4. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
5. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Benny and Annabel learn about the lawyer?
2. What does Emily find in Nan's room that indicates her ambition to join high society?
3. On their date at the restaurant, what romantic thing takes place?
4. What is the resolution for Benny at the end of the novel?
5. What happens when Fonzie and Clodagh try to enter the bar at Healy Hotel?
6. Why are Eve and Benny not happy with Nan's seeing Simon?
7. How does Jack show his naivety after being at the cottage three times with Nan?
8. Why does Eve say they have to tell everyone about Jack and Nan?
9. Thinking about Jack and Nan, how close does Benny come to the real truth?
10. What foils Nan's plans to tell Jack she is pregnant at Eve's cottage?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)