|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nan leave to come speak with Benny?
(a) a teacher
(d) some boys
2. Who does Benny's father send Patsy to bring to the house?
(a) the parish priest
(b) Dr. Johnson
(c) Sean Walsh
(d) Mother Francis
3. What are Eve and Benny secretly doing at Healy's prior to leaving for Dublin?
(a) looking at a boy
(b) hiding from Simon
(c) looking for Mrs. Healy
(d) trying on clothes
4. Why does Eve introduce herself to Benny in the reading room?
(a) she wants to hurt Benny's feelings
(b) she doesn't want Aidan to know Benny is her friend
(c) Benny has been avoiding everyone, including Eve
(d) she is trying to make Benny smile
5. Why is Nan's father angry with her?
(a) she had some stranger call them
(b) the message she left frightened the family
(c) she wasn't supposed to be in Dublin
(d) she never called them at all
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Frank Hegarty proud of?
2. What does Benny say is considered a sin in the town?
3. What does Jack say that surprises Benny when he invites her to lunch the day after the dance?
4. Who was Bunty Brown that Mother Francis tells Kit about?
5. How does Mother Francis hope Eve is treated in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first pangs of Jealousy Benny feels with Nan and Eve.
2. What surprise awaits Benny when she goes to meet Jack?
3. What is Eve wearing at the dance that gets her many compliments?
4. How does Benny reprimand her father for sending Sean to bring her home?
5. When does the friendship begin between Benny and Eve?
6. Describe the meeting of Jack, Benny, and Nan at the hospital.
7. Explain Kit Hegarty's fear about her only son.
8. What are two surprises Eve gets when she visits Westlands?
9. How do Benny and Annabel discuss Eve?
10. How does Benny learn the name of the driver of the car involved in the accident?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)