|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Eve that makes Benny jealous?
(a) her money
(b) her gracefulness
(c) her social status
(d) her many friends
2. What does Benny do as she and Jack Foley walk through Knockglen?
(a) she pretends he is her fiance
(b) she holds his hand
(c) she tries to hide her face
(d) she tells him about all the people
3. Who does Jack Foley meet in the hospital?
(a) Benny and Nan
(b) Sean and Benny
(c) Eve and Aidan
(d) Simon and Nan
4. Who is the man who enters the hotel and keeps looking at Nan?
(b) Sean Walsh
(c) Simon Westward
(d) John Foley
5. What does Jack say that surprises Benny when he invites her to lunch the day after the dance?
(a) it will just be the two of them
(b) he wants her to get to know his mother
(c) he got her number from Rosemary
(d) he has her modesty vest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve tell Benny about Kit?
2. What makes Aidan Lynch hope that the wrecked motorbike does not belong to Frank?
3. What does Eve point out to Benny on a nature walk?
4. Instead of the blue velvet dress, what does Benny receive?
5. Who saves Benny from having to go home with Sean Walsh escorting her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two surprises Eve gets when she visits Westlands?
2. How does Benny reprimand her father for sending Sean to bring her home?
3. What does Benny do before what she thinks is a date with Jack?
4. How does Benny show her innocence when Jack invites her to a Dutch party?
5. Why is Nan not really interested in the boys from school?
6. What is Nan's comment when Benny cannot stay for Frank's funeral and has to take the bus back home?
7. What does Benny learn about how Eve has lived all these years that Benny has pitied her?
8. Explain why Benny is an only child.
9. What is the tragedy at the end of Chapter 3?
10. How is Eve's character established early on in the novel?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)