|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eve not visit Knockglen on the weekends?
(a) she hopes to be asked out on dates on the weekends
(b) she does not want to see Mother Francis
(c) she has to study to make up what she missed
(d) she helps Kit with the boys on weekends
2. Who saves Benny from having to go home with Sean Walsh escorting her?
(a) Mother Francis
(c) Aidan Lynch
3. How does Benny get Clodagh's dress past her parents?
(a) it has a modesty vest
(b) she doesn't try it on for them
(c) she shows them a different dress
(d) she has Clodagh bring it to her at the bus
4. Why does Benny not attend the funeral for Jack?
(a) she doesn't want to see Mrs. Hegarty
(b) she has to go home on the bus
(c) she says she didn't know Jack
(d) she wants to visit Eve
5. Why is Eve ashamed?
(a) she jumped in fornt of the car deliberately
(b) she said harsh words to Mother Clare
(c) she pushed the boy into the car
(d) she did not plan to call Mother Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eve tell Kit about Nan?
2. Where is Mother Francis taking Eve?
3. What does Eve say any boy who loves her will have to endure?
4. Trying to hide her resentment of having to come home each night from university, how does Annabell interpret Benny's responses?
5. What does Nan think about Benny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Foley ask his son Jack to drive him to Knockglen?
2. What are two surprises Eve gets when she visits Westlands?
3. What is Eve wearing at the dance that gets her many compliments?
4. Explain Kit Hegarty's fear about her only son.
5. What surprise awaits Benny when she goes to meet Jack?
6. Describe the meeting of Jack, Benny, and Nan at the hospital.
7. What does Benny learn about how Eve has lived all these years that Benny has pitied her?
8. How does Nan get a generous allowance from her father, Brian Mahon, when she starts at the university?
9. What bothers Benny at the party and dance when she wears the dress Clodagh made for her?
10. How does Benny learn the name of the driver of the car involved in the accident?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)