|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
(c) Mother Francis
2. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he will not marry Nan
(b) that he used Benny to get to Nan
(c) that he will run away to Wales
(d) that he loves Benny
3. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) to mend a flat tire
(b) so he can hold her and let her cry
(c) because he needs to kiss her
(d) because he runs out of gas
4. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) the drawers of the sewing machine
(b) in a cardboard box
(c) under a loose floorboard
(d) in a sock under the counter
5. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Eve is arrested
(b) Benny slaps Nan
(c) Jack calls off the wedding
(d) Nan miscarries
6. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she has gotten very thin
(b) she looks haggard and confused
(c) she no longer looks depressed
(d) she has gained too much weight
7. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
(a) she starts crying and runs away
(b) she shrugs her shoulders
(c) she demands to know what happened
(d) she says she is glad he took Nan
8. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they both loved motorbikes
(b) they wrote letters but never met
(c) they had big arguments over Kit
(d) they knew each other and had a relationship
9. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
(a) that she is leaving the country
(b) that she no longer wants to see him
(c) that she loves him
(d) that she is pregnant with his child
10. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
11. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
12. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) the lawyer
(c) Mother Francis
13. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(b) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(c) she says Eve plays too many games
(d) she says Eve never notices anything
14. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
(a) Heather disappears
(b) Westlands catches fire
(c) Benny has Sean arrested
(d) Nan commits suicide
15. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(b) Mother Francis
(c) Peggy Pine
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
2. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
3. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
4. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
5. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)