|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
2. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
(a) that Simon and Clodagh are meeting there
(b) that Sean Walsh has bought the cottage next door
(c) that Eve is going there that night
(d) that Heather and Benny are staying there
3. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) laughs out loud
(b) pushes her hair back
(c) pulls away from her
(d) kisses her hand
4. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) at Sheila's house in the country
(b) Benny's house in Knockglen
(c) to London with Rosemary
(d) Eve's boardinghouse
5. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
6. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) advice from Fergie
(b) insurance money
(c) a visit from Paddy
(d) the title to her house
7. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he used Benny to get to Nan
(b) that he will run away to Wales
(c) that he will not marry Nan
(d) that he loves Benny
8. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she looks haggard and confused
(b) she no longer looks depressed
(c) she has gained too much weight
(d) she has gotten very thin
9. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to make rosemary jealous
(b) to teach Benny better manners
(c) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(d) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
10. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(a) Peggy Pine
(c) Mother Francis
11. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
(a) selling some heirlooms
(b) hiding from Nan
(c) looking for a job
(d) looking for a wife
12. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are thrilled
(b) they are indifferent
(c) they are confused
(d) they are angry
13. What does Simon want from Eve?
(b) help making friends with Jack
(c) information about Nan
(d) to be family again
14. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) they both think the other one is rich
(b) everyone tried to keep them apart
(c) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(d) Nan is much taller than Simon
15. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(b) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(c) she says Eve never notices anything
(d) she says Eve plays too many games
Short Answer Questions
1. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
2. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
3. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
4. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
5. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)