|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) a visit from Paddy
(b) the title to her house
(c) advice from Fergie
(d) insurance money
2. What does Simon want from Eve?
(a) help making friends with Jack
(b) to be family again
(d) information about Nan
3. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) to London with Rosemary
(b) Benny's house in Knockglen
(c) Eve's boardinghouse
(d) at Sheila's house in the country
4. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she looks haggard and confused
(b) she has gotten very thin
(c) she has gained too much weight
(d) she no longer looks depressed
5. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) a circle of friends
(b) a grandfather
(c) enough money
(d) good clothes like Nan
6. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she likes being a star
(b) she says it is her best Easter ever
(c) she knows her grandfather was there
(d) she thinks it will spite Simon
7. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he spent time with his father
(b) that he hated his father
(c) that he worked for his father
(d) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
8. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to teach Benny better manners
(b) to make rosemary jealous
(c) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(d) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
9. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they wrote letters but never met
(b) they knew each other and had a relationship
(c) they had big arguments over Kit
(d) they both loved motorbikes
10. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(b) at Westlands
(c) Eve's cottage
(d) the Dublin Inn
11. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
(a) talking to animals
(b) dancing jigs in the streets
(c) seeing nuns in trees
(d) walking on all fours
12. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
13. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she leaves school and finds a job
(b) she drops out of the circle of friends
(c) she becomes bitter
(d) she comes to love herself
14. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) under a loose floorboard
(b) in a cardboard box
(c) the drawers of the sewing machine
(d) in a sock under the counter
15. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) the lawyer
(b) Mother Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
2. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
3. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
4. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
5. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)