|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he will run away to Wales
(b) that he will not marry Nan
(c) that he loves Benny
(d) that he used Benny to get to Nan
2. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) under a loose floorboard
(b) in a cardboard box
(c) the drawers of the sewing machine
(d) in a sock under the counter
3. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) rent it out for Eve
(b) tear is down for Eve
(c) improve it for Eve
(d) sell it for Eve
4. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
(a) looking for a job
(b) selling some heirlooms
(c) looking for a wife
(d) hiding from Nan
5. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) kisses her hand
(b) laughs out loud
(c) pushes her hair back
(d) pulls away from her
6. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in Eve's cottage
(b) in Jack's room at home
(c) in the hotel
(d) on a blanket in the country
7. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Jack calls off the wedding
(b) Nan miscarries
(c) Benny slaps Nan
(d) Eve is arrested
8. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(c) Maj. Westward's
9. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
(d) Mother Francis
10. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) the Dublin Inn
(b) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(c) Eve's cottage
(d) at Westlands
11. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
(a) Heather comes to the cottage but doesn't go in
(b) Eve arrives only moments after they leave
(c) Jack is seen getting gas for the car
(d) Mother Francis knocks on the door, but leaves
12. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she says it is her best Easter ever
(b) she knows her grandfather was there
(c) she likes being a star
(d) she thinks it will spite Simon
13. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(b) she says Eve never notices anything
(c) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(d) she says Eve plays too many games
14. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) because he needs to kiss her
(b) so he can hold her and let her cry
(c) to mend a flat tire
(d) because he runs out of gas
15. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
2. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
3. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
4. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
5. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)