|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) at Westlands
(b) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(c) Eve's cottage
(d) the Dublin Inn
2. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they argue
(b) they make love
(c) they talk about her preganacy
(d) they kiss
3. Why does Benny go to work at the shop?
(a) she thinks it will help her be close to Eddie
(b) she wants to be close to Sean
(c) she wants to learn about business
(d) she has an interest in it
4. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they had big arguments over Kit
(b) they both loved motorbikes
(c) they wrote letters but never met
(d) they knew each other and had a relationship
5. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
(a) we can elope tonight
(b) it will never happen
(c) all right if the baby lives
(d) it's the only thing we can do
6. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
7. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(d) Maj. Westward's
8. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
(a) Mother Francis knocks on the door, but leaves
(b) Heather comes to the cottage but doesn't go in
(c) Jack is seen getting gas for the car
(d) Eve arrives only moments after they leave
9. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(b) Mother Francis
(d) Peggy Pine
10. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) rent it out for Eve
(b) tear is down for Eve
(c) sell it for Eve
(d) improve it for Eve
11. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in Jack's room at home
(b) in Eve's cottage
(c) in the hotel
(d) on a blanket in the country
12. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she knows her grandfather was there
(b) she likes being a star
(c) she says it is her best Easter ever
(d) she thinks it will spite Simon
13. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she has gotten very thin
(b) she has gained too much weight
(c) she no longer looks depressed
(d) she looks haggard and confused
14. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he will not marry Nan
(b) that he will run away to Wales
(c) that he loves Benny
(d) that he used Benny to get to Nan
15. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she drops out of the circle of friends
(b) she becomes bitter
(c) she leaves school and finds a job
(d) she comes to love herself
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
2. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
3. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
4. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
5. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)