|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a night time drive
(b) the movies again
(c) a birthday jparty
(d) a dance
2. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(b) Mother Francis
(d) the lawyer
3. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
(a) she says she is glad he took Nan
(b) she starts crying and runs away
(c) she demands to know what happened
(d) she shrugs her shoulders
4. Why does Benny go to work at the shop?
(a) she thinks it will help her be close to Eddie
(b) she wants to learn about business
(c) she has an interest in it
(d) she wants to be close to Sean
5. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
(a) that she is pregnant with his child
(b) that she loves him
(c) that she no longer wants to see him
(d) that she is leaving the country
6. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in Jack's room at home
(b) in the hotel
(c) in Eve's cottage
(d) on a blanket in the country
7. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
(a) to London to study dress making
(b) to America to start fresh
(c) to a convent to become a nun
(d) to Paris to learn French
8. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they both loved motorbikes
(b) they wrote letters but never met
(c) they knew each other and had a relationship
(d) they had big arguments over Kit
9. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is tired of Simon
(b) she is coming down with the flu
(c) she is pregnant
(d) she has learned that Simon has no money
10. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
(a) they find out that the letter was forged
(b) they decide to go ahead with the partnership
(c) they learn that the partnership papers had been signed
(d) they decide to hold off on any decisions
11. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
12. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(b) Paddy flirts with Kit
(c) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(d) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
13. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) a grandfather
(b) a circle of friends
(c) good clothes like Nan
(d) enough money
14. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
15. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
(a) because Benny may be taking Jack seriously
(b) because she will have to stay home more
(c) because Jack is too serious about her
(d) because Benny has a serious weight problem
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
2. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
3. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
4. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
5. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)