|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) Mother Francis
(b) the lawyer
2. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
3. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
(a) selling some heirlooms
(b) looking for a job
(c) hiding from Nan
(d) looking for a wife
4. Why does Benny go to work at the shop?
(a) she wants to be close to Sean
(b) she wants to learn about business
(c) she thinks it will help her be close to Eddie
(d) she has an interest in it
5. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) good clothes like Nan
(b) enough money
(c) a grandfather
(d) a circle of friends
6. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they were out walking
(b) they got lost on the way to dublin
(c) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(d) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
7. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she has gotten very thin
(b) she no longer looks depressed
(c) she looks haggard and confused
(d) she has gained too much weight
8. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
(a) because Benny has a serious weight problem
(b) because she will have to stay home more
(c) because Jack is too serious about her
(d) because Benny may be taking Jack seriously
9. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
10. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
11. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
(a) whether Sean had been made a partner
(b) whether Eddie was about to fire Sean
(c) whether Sean can take control
(d) whether Sean killed Eddie to get the shop
12. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(b) they both think the other one is rich
(c) everyone tried to keep them apart
(d) Nan is much taller than Simon
13. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
(a) that Simon and Clodagh are meeting there
(b) that Sean Walsh has bought the cottage next door
(c) that Eve is going there that night
(d) that Heather and Benny are staying there
14. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) tear is down for Eve
(b) rent it out for Eve
(c) sell it for Eve
(d) improve it for Eve
15. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they make love
(c) they kiss
(d) they argue
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
2. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
3. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
4. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
5. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)