|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) under a loose floorboard
(b) in a cardboard box
(c) in a sock under the counter
(d) the drawers of the sewing machine
2. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a birthday jparty
(b) a night time drive
(c) a dance
(d) the movies again
3. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
(a) to Paris to learn French
(b) to America to start fresh
(c) to London to study dress making
(d) to a convent to become a nun
4. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) advice from Fergie
(b) a visit from Paddy
(c) the title to her house
(d) insurance money
5. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they got lost on the way to dublin
(b) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(c) they were out walking
(d) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
6. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
7. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
8. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she is tired of Simon
(c) she has learned that Simon has no money
(d) she is coming down with the flu
9. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
(b) Mother Clare
(c) her husband
(d) Jack Foley
10. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
(a) Heather disappears
(b) Nan commits suicide
(c) Westlands catches fire
(d) Benny has Sean arrested
11. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
(a) some of his male friends
(b) Benny or Eve
(c) a new girl from school
(d) Rosemary or Nan
12. What does Simon want from Eve?
(a) to be family again
(c) help making friends with Jack
(d) information about Nan
13. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they kiss
(c) they argue
(d) they make love
14. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
(b) that he hated his father
(c) that he spent time with his father
(d) that he worked for his father
15. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(b) to make rosemary jealous
(c) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(d) to teach Benny better manners
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
2. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
3. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
4. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
5. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)