|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she has learned that Simon has no money
(b) she is tired of Simon
(c) she is pregnant
(d) she is coming down with the flu
2. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she thinks it will spite Simon
(b) she knows her grandfather was there
(c) she likes being a star
(d) she says it is her best Easter ever
3. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are thrilled
(b) they are angry
(c) they are confused
(d) they are indifferent
4. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they wrote letters but never met
(b) they both loved motorbikes
(c) they knew each other and had a relationship
(d) they had big arguments over Kit
5. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) kisses her hand
(b) pushes her hair back
(c) laughs out loud
(d) pulls away from her
6. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
(a) she demands to know what happened
(b) she shrugs her shoulders
(c) she starts crying and runs away
(d) she says she is glad he took Nan
7. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they kiss
(b) they make love
(c) they argue
(d) they talk about her preganacy
8. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
(a) to a convent to become a nun
(b) to America to start fresh
(c) to London to study dress making
(d) to Paris to learn French
9. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
(b) that he hated his father
(c) that he spent time with his father
(d) that he worked for his father
10. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
(a) visiting Eve at the cottage
(b) riding bicycles
(c) eating candy
(d) walking to Westland
11. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he loves Benny
(b) that he will run away to Wales
(c) that he used Benny to get to Nan
(d) that he will not marry Nan
12. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
(a) they find out that the letter was forged
(b) they decide to hold off on any decisions
(c) they learn that the partnership papers had been signed
(d) they decide to go ahead with the partnership
13. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
14. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(b) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
(c) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
(d) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
15. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they got lost on the way to dublin
(b) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(c) they were out walking
(d) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
Short Answer Questions
1. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
2. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
3. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
4. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
5. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)