|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) everyone tried to keep them apart
(b) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(c) Nan is much taller than Simon
(d) they both think the other one is rich
2. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a night time drive
(b) a dance
(c) the movies again
(d) a birthday jparty
3. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Benny slaps Nan
(b) Jack calls off the wedding
(c) Eve is arrested
(d) Nan miscarries
4. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are angry
(b) they are thrilled
(c) they are indifferent
(d) they are confused
5. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
(a) hiding from Nan
(b) looking for a wife
(c) looking for a job
(d) selling some heirlooms
6. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(a) Peggy Pine
(b) Mother Francis
7. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
(a) that he no longer loves her
(b) that his parents want them to break up
(c) that he has to marry Nan
(d) that he has been lying to her about his feelings
8. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in Jack's room at home
(b) in Eve's cottage
(c) on a blanket in the country
(d) in the hotel
9. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
(a) riding bicycles
(b) visiting Eve at the cottage
(c) eating candy
(d) walking to Westland
10. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(c) the lawyer
(d) Mother Francis
11. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(b) Paddy flirts with Kit
(c) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
(d) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
12. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) the Dublin Inn
(b) at Westlands
(c) Eve's cottage
(d) Mrs. Healey's hotel
13. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
14. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(b) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(c) to teach Benny better manners
(d) to make rosemary jealous
15. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
(a) she is ill
(b) the boys in her house
(c) her brother comes to visit
(d) Mother Clare
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
2. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
3. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
4. Why does Benny go to work at the shop?
5. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)