|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patsy say about how Benny's parents feel about a relationship between Benny and Sean?
(a) they think Benny meets Sean secretly
(b) they are worried about it
(c) they do not care if Benny does not like Sean
(d) they would like it to be forever
2. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
(a) that he no longer loves her
(b) that he has been lying to her about his feelings
(c) that he has to marry Nan
(d) that his parents want them to break up
3. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) Mother Francis
(b) the lawyer
4. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
(a) she thinks it will spite Simon
(b) she says it is her best Easter ever
(c) she likes being a star
(d) she knows her grandfather was there
5. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they kiss
(c) they make love
(d) they argue
6. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are angry
(b) they are confused
(c) they are thrilled
(d) they are indifferent
7. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(b) Maj. Westward's
8. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(b) Mother Francis
(c) Peggy Pine
9. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
(a) because they are too young
(b) because of the way they are dressed
(c) because they are unescorted
(d) because they do not have the money
10. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they knew each other and had a relationship
(b) they wrote letters but never met
(c) they had big arguments over Kit
(d) they both loved motorbikes
11. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) in a cardboard box
(b) in a sock under the counter
(c) the drawers of the sewing machine
(d) under a loose floorboard
12. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
(a) she shrugs her shoulders
(b) she demands to know what happened
(c) she starts crying and runs away
(d) she says she is glad he took Nan
13. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) rent it out for Eve
(b) improve it for Eve
(c) sell it for Eve
(d) tear is down for Eve
14. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he hated his father
(b) that he worked for his father
(c) that he spent time with his father
(d) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
15. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she has learned that Simon has no money
(c) she is tired of Simon
(d) she is coming down with the flu
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
2. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
3. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
4. What does Simon want from Eve?
5. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)