|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(b) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
(c) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(d) Paddy flirts with Kit
2. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
(a) because he is going away
(b) because she still has to go home nights
(c) because he saw her with Aidan
(d) because she won't hold his hand
3. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) the title to her house
(b) a visit from Paddy
(c) advice from Fergie
(d) insurance money
4. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
5. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) enough money
(b) a grandfather
(c) a circle of friends
(d) good clothes like Nan
6. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(b) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
(c) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
(d) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
7. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(a) Peggy Pine
(b) Mother Francis
8. What does Simon want from Eve?
(a) information about Nan
(b) help making friends with Jack
(c) to be family again
9. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
10. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they were out walking
(b) they got lost on the way to dublin
(c) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(d) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
11. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
(a) she says she is glad he took Nan
(b) she starts crying and runs away
(c) she demands to know what happened
(d) she shrugs her shoulders
12. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Eve is arrested
(b) Nan miscarries
(c) Benny slaps Nan
(d) Jack calls off the wedding
13. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) pulls away from her
(b) pushes her hair back
(c) laughs out loud
(d) kisses her hand
14. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
(a) eating candy
(b) riding bicycles
(c) walking to Westland
(d) visiting Eve at the cottage
15. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
(a) Nan commits suicide
(b) Benny has Sean arrested
(c) Westlands catches fire
(d) Heather disappears
Short Answer Questions
1. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
2. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
3. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
4. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
5. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)