|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she has gained too much weight
(b) she looks haggard and confused
(c) she no longer looks depressed
(d) she has gotten very thin
2. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they kiss
(c) they argue
(d) they make love
3. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
(a) they find out that the letter was forged
(b) they decide to hold off on any decisions
(c) they learn that the partnership papers had been signed
(d) they decide to go ahead with the partnership
4. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
5. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) tear is down for Eve
(b) rent it out for Eve
(c) sell it for Eve
(d) improve it for Eve
6. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
(a) whether Sean can take control
(b) whether Sean killed Eddie to get the shop
(c) whether Sean had been made a partner
(d) whether Eddie was about to fire Sean
7. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) because he runs out of gas
(b) so he can hold her and let her cry
(c) to mend a flat tire
(d) because he needs to kiss her
8. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
(a) seeing nuns in trees
(b) dancing jigs in the streets
(c) walking on all fours
(d) talking to animals
9. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
(a) because they do not have the money
(b) because they are too young
(c) because of the way they are dressed
(d) because they are unescorted
10. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) the lawyer
(c) Mother Francis
11. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) the title to her house
(b) insurance money
(c) advice from Fergie
(d) a visit from Paddy
12. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
(a) because she will have to stay home more
(b) because Benny may be taking Jack seriously
(c) because Benny has a serious weight problem
(d) because Jack is too serious about her
13. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(a) Maj. Westward's
14. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
(a) so she could wear low cut dresses
(b) so she would not get so tired on the bus
(c) so she could hear all the gossip
(d) so she could be closer to Jack
15. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
(b) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(c) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
(d) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
2. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
3. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
4. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
5. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)