|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
2. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) Eve's cottage
(b) at Westlands
(c) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(d) the Dublin Inn
3. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) in a cardboard box
(b) the drawers of the sewing machine
(c) under a loose floorboard
(d) in a sock under the counter
4. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
(a) they decide to go ahead with the partnership
(b) they find out that the letter was forged
(c) they decide to hold off on any decisions
(d) they learn that the partnership papers had been signed
5. What does Simon want from Eve?
(a) to be family again
(b) help making friends with Jack
(d) information about Nan
6. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
7. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(b) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(c) to teach Benny better manners
(d) to make rosemary jealous
8. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
(a) so she could be closer to Jack
(b) so she could wear low cut dresses
(c) so she could hear all the gossip
(d) so she would not get so tired on the bus
9. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(c) Mother Francis
(d) Peggy Pine
10. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) to mend a flat tire
(b) because he runs out of gas
(c) because he needs to kiss her
(d) so he can hold her and let her cry
11. What does Patsy say about how Benny's parents feel about a relationship between Benny and Sean?
(a) they do not care if Benny does not like Sean
(b) they would like it to be forever
(c) they think Benny meets Sean secretly
(d) they are worried about it
12. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in Eve's cottage
(b) in the hotel
(c) on a blanket in the country
(d) in Jack's room at home
13. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) the title to her house
(b) a visit from Paddy
(c) insurance money
(d) advice from Fergie
14. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
(a) that Sean Walsh has bought the cottage next door
(b) that Simon and Clodagh are meeting there
(c) that Heather and Benny are staying there
(d) that Eve is going there that night
15. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
(a) Mother Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
2. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
3. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
4. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
5. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)