|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) under a loose floorboard
(b) in a sock under the counter
(c) in a cardboard box
(d) the drawers of the sewing machine
2. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he will not marry Nan
(b) that he used Benny to get to Nan
(c) that he will run away to Wales
(d) that he loves Benny
3. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
4. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) Eve's boardinghouse
(b) at Sheila's house in the country
(c) Benny's house in Knockglen
(d) to London with Rosemary
5. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
(a) that she loves him
(b) that she is pregnant with his child
(c) that she no longer wants to see him
(d) that she is leaving the country
6. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
7. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
(a) they find out that the letter was forged
(b) they decide to go ahead with the partnership
(c) they learn that the partnership papers had been signed
(d) they decide to hold off on any decisions
8. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in Jack's room at home
(b) on a blanket in the country
(c) in the hotel
(d) in Eve's cottage
9. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(b) she says Eve never notices anything
(c) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(d) she says Eve plays too many games
10. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
(b) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(c) Paddy flirts with Kit
(d) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
11. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they wrote letters but never met
(b) they knew each other and had a relationship
(c) they both loved motorbikes
(d) they had big arguments over Kit
12. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
(b) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
(c) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(d) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
13. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she becomes bitter
(b) she drops out of the circle of friends
(c) she leaves school and finds a job
(d) she comes to love herself
14. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
(a) because Benny may be taking Jack seriously
(b) because Jack is too serious about her
(c) because she will have to stay home more
(d) because Benny has a serious weight problem
15. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Nan miscarries
(b) Eve is arrested
(c) Benny slaps Nan
(d) Jack calls off the wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
2. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
3. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
4. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
5. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)