|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they kiss
(b) they make love
(c) they argue
(d) they talk about her preganacy
2. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(b) at Westlands
(c) Eve's cottage
(d) the Dublin Inn
3. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(b) she says Eve plays too many games
(c) she says Eve never notices anything
(d) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
4. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
5. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
6. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) at Sheila's house in the country
(b) Benny's house in Knockglen
(c) Eve's boardinghouse
(d) to London with Rosemary
7. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
(a) to America to start fresh
(b) to Paris to learn French
(c) to a convent to become a nun
(d) to London to study dress making
8. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) improve it for Eve
(b) rent it out for Eve
(c) tear is down for Eve
(d) sell it for Eve
9. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) the lawyer
(b) Mother Francis
10. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
(a) Nan commits suicide
(b) Benny has Sean arrested
(c) Heather disappears
(d) Westlands catches fire
11. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) Nan is much taller than Simon
(b) everyone tried to keep them apart
(c) they both think the other one is rich
(d) they have different religions like Eve's parents
12. What does Simon want from Eve?
(b) to be family again
(c) information about Nan
(d) help making friends with Jack
13. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
14. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
15. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
(a) she thinks Nan will be a perfect daughter-in-law
(b) she thinks Nan will be too expensive for Jack to keep
(c) she doesn't like her but finds nothing wrong with her
(d) she likes Nan but senses she is lying
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
2. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
3. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
4. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
5. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)