|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
(a) that Eve is going there that night
(b) that Simon and Clodagh are meeting there
(c) that Sean Walsh has bought the cottage next door
(d) that Heather and Benny are staying there
2. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) the Dublin Inn
(b) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(c) at Westlands
(d) Eve's cottage
3. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
4. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is pregnant
(b) she has learned that Simon has no money
(c) she is coming down with the flu
(d) she is tired of Simon
5. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
6. What does Jack do when Benny touches his face?
(a) kisses her hand
(b) pulls away from her
(c) laughs out loud
(d) pushes her hair back
7. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Eve is arrested
(b) Nan miscarries
(c) Benny slaps Nan
(d) Jack calls off the wedding
8. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they argue
(b) they make love
(c) they talk about her preganacy
(d) they kiss
9. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
10. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
(a) because of the way they are dressed
(b) because they are unescorted
(c) because they do not have the money
(d) because they are too young
11. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
(a) Eve arrives only moments after they leave
(b) Mother Francis knocks on the door, but leaves
(c) Heather comes to the cottage but doesn't go in
(d) Jack is seen getting gas for the car
12. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
(a) that they give him free clothes instead of a raise
(b) that Mr. Hogan sell him the store
(c) that he become a partner in lieu of a raise
(d) that he and Benny get married
13. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
14. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
(a) a new girl from school
(b) Rosemary or Nan
(c) Benny or Eve
(d) some of his male friends
15. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a birthday jparty
(b) a night time drive
(c) the movies again
(d) a dance
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
2. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
3. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
4. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
5. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)