|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
(a) seeing nuns in trees
(b) dancing jigs in the streets
(c) talking to animals
(d) walking on all fours
2. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) Benny's house in Knockglen
(b) to London with Rosemary
(c) Eve's boardinghouse
(d) at Sheila's house in the country
3. What does Patsy say about how Benny's parents feel about a relationship between Benny and Sean?
(a) they do not care if Benny does not like Sean
(b) they are worried about it
(c) they would like it to be forever
(d) they think Benny meets Sean secretly
4. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
(a) so she would not get so tired on the bus
(b) so she could wear low cut dresses
(c) so she could be closer to Jack
(d) so she could hear all the gossip
5. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) Mother Francis
(d) the lawyer
6. Who finds out when Mother Clare is leaving Knockglen?
(b) Mother Francis
7. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(b) Nan is much taller than Simon
(c) everyone tried to keep them apart
(d) they both think the other one is rich
8. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
(a) because Benny has a serious weight problem
(b) because Benny may be taking Jack seriously
(c) because she will have to stay home more
(d) because Jack is too serious about her
9. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in the hotel
(b) in Eve's cottage
(c) on a blanket in the country
(d) in Jack's room at home
10. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(b) Maj. Westward's
11. What does Simon want from Eve?
(a) information about Nan
(c) to be family again
(d) help making friends with Jack
12. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) rent it out for Eve
(b) sell it for Eve
(c) improve it for Eve
(d) tear is down for Eve
13. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
14. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she comes to love herself
(b) she becomes bitter
(c) she drops out of the circle of friends
(d) she leaves school and finds a job
15. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy flirts with Kit
(b) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(c) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(d) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
2. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
3. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
4. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
5. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)