|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
(c) Maj. Westward's
2. What does Heather complain that she does not have?
(a) good clothes like Nan
(b) enough money
(c) a circle of friends
(d) a grandfather
3. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a birthday jparty
(b) the movies again
(c) a night time drive
(d) a dance
4. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
(a) Jack Foley
(b) Mother Clare
(d) her husband
5. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they make love
(c) they kiss
(d) they argue
6. What was Mr. Flood's strange ailment before he is cured?
(a) walking on all fours
(b) seeing nuns in trees
(c) talking to animals
(d) dancing jigs in the streets
7. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(b) to teach Benny better manners
(c) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(d) to make rosemary jealous
8. Who is coming to Eve's cottage party after first declining the invitation?
9. What is troubling Nan when Emily finds her lying in bed?
(a) she is tired of Simon
(b) she is pregnant
(c) she has learned that Simon has no money
(d) she is coming down with the flu
10. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(b) Mother Francis
(c) the lawyer
11. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
12. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
13. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
(a) in the hotel
(b) in Eve's cottage
(c) on a blanket in the country
(d) in Jack's room at home
14. Where does Benny find envelopes of money Sean had been embezzling?
(a) the drawers of the sewing machine
(b) in a sock under the counter
(c) under a loose floorboard
(d) in a cardboard box
15. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
2. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
3. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
4. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
5. Why is Heather so pleased with the praise she gets for her part in the Easter pageant?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)