|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens about Hogan's Outfitters when Benny and Annabel go to see the lawyer?
(a) they learn that the partnership papers had been signed
(b) they decide to hold off on any decisions
(c) they decide to go ahead with the partnership
(d) they find out that the letter was forged
2. What causes everyone to become concerned in Knockglen?
(a) Heather disappears
(b) Westlands catches fire
(c) Benny has Sean arrested
(d) Nan commits suicide
3. Why does Heather say Simon is in England?
(a) looking for a wife
(b) looking for a job
(c) selling some heirlooms
(d) hiding from Nan
4. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they had big arguments over Kit
(b) they knew each other and had a relationship
(c) they both loved motorbikes
(d) they wrote letters but never met
5. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
6. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) they both think the other one is rich
(b) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(c) everyone tried to keep them apart
(d) Nan is much taller than Simon
7. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) so he can hold her and let her cry
(b) because he runs out of gas
(c) because he needs to kiss her
(d) to mend a flat tire
8. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he will not marry Nan
(b) that he loves Benny
(c) that he used Benny to get to Nan
(d) that he will run away to Wales
9. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she drops out of the circle of friends
(b) she leaves school and finds a job
(c) she comes to love herself
(d) she becomes bitter
10. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(b) Mother Francis
(c) the lawyer
11. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy flirts with Kit
(b) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
(c) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(d) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
12. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they make love
(c) they kiss
(d) they argue
13. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
14. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
(a) Heather comes to the cottage but doesn't go in
(b) Eve arrives only moments after they leave
(c) Mother Francis knocks on the door, but leaves
(d) Jack is seen getting gas for the car
15. What is Mother Francis trying to do with the cottage?
(a) improve it for Eve
(b) rent it out for Eve
(c) sell it for Eve
(d) tear is down for Eve
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
2. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
3. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
4. Who prevents Kit from coming to Knockglen for Christmas?
5. Who shows up unexpectedly at Kit Hegarty's house?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)