|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nan tell Jack she is going?
(a) to a convent to become a nun
(b) to America to start fresh
(c) to London to study dress making
(d) to Paris to learn French
2. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) they have different religions like Eve's parents
(b) they both think the other one is rich
(c) Nan is much taller than Simon
(d) everyone tried to keep them apart
3. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they make love
(b) they talk about her preganacy
(c) they kiss
(d) they argue
4. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
(a) some of his male friends
(b) a new girl from school
(c) Rosemary or Nan
(d) Benny or Eve
5. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
(b) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(c) she says Eve never notices anything
(d) she says Eve plays too many games
6. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
(a) they had big arguments over Kit
(b) they wrote letters but never met
(c) they both loved motorbikes
(d) they knew each other and had a relationship
7. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
8. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
(a) that he has to marry Nan
(b) that he has been lying to her about his feelings
(c) that he no longer loves her
(d) that his parents want them to break up
9. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
(a) it's the only thing we can do
(b) we can elope tonight
(c) it will never happen
(d) all right if the baby lives
10. What does Clodagh suspect about Jack?
(a) that he will run away to Wales
(b) that he used Benny to get to Nan
(c) that he loves Benny
(d) that he will not marry Nan
11. Why does Nan invite Benny to lunch at the Hibernian?
(a) to make rosemary jealous
(b) as an excuse to be there when Simon arrives
(c) to keep her away from Jack Foley
(d) to teach Benny better manners
12. What does Jack not know when he arranges for Nan to meet him at the cottage?
(a) that Heather and Benny are staying there
(b) that Sean Walsh has bought the cottage next door
(c) that Simon and Clodagh are meeting there
(d) that Eve is going there that night
13. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
(a) so she would not get so tired on the bus
(b) so she could be closer to Jack
(c) so she could hear all the gossip
(d) so she could wear low cut dresses
14. To whom does Benny turn when she suspects that Sean has been stealing from her father's shop?
(a) Mother Francis
(d) the lawyer
15. Why does Mrs. Healy refuse to allow Fonsie and Clodagh to enter the hotel bar?
(a) because they are unescorted
(b) because they do not have the money
(c) because they are too young
(d) because of the way they are dressed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
2. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
3. Who does the doctor tells Annabel not to tell about Eddie Hogan's death?
4. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
5. Where do Sean and Mrs. Healy go to get married?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)