|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Benny wish she could be like Eve and work in Dublin?
(a) so she would not get so tired on the bus
(b) so she could be closer to Jack
(c) so she could wear low cut dresses
(d) so she could hear all the gossip
2. What happens when Kit invites Paddy Hickey for tea?
(a) Paddy talks about Kit's husband
(b) Paddy flirts with Kit
(c) Paddy refuses to visit a married woman
(d) Paddy asks if he can bring a lady friend
3. Who does Lilly think her son Jack is inviting to lunch?
(a) Benny or Eve
(b) Rosemary or Nan
(c) some of his male friends
(d) a new girl from school
4. Where does Nan tell her mother she is going while she is packing her bag?
(a) Eve's boardinghouse
(b) Benny's house in Knockglen
(c) at Sheila's house in the country
(d) to London with Rosemary
5. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
(a) visiting Eve at the cottage
(b) walking to Westland
(c) eating candy
(d) riding bicycles
6. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she becomes bitter
(b) she drops out of the circle of friends
(c) she comes to love herself
(d) she leaves school and finds a job
7. Who figures out that Heather is hiding out in Eve's cottage?
(a) Mother Francis
(d) Peggy Pine
8. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
(a) they are angry
(b) they are indifferent
(c) they are confused
(d) they are thrilled
9. What is ironic about Nan and Simon getting together?
(a) everyone tried to keep them apart
(b) they both think the other one is rich
(c) Nan is much taller than Simon
(d) they have different religions like Eve's parents
10. What does Benny find out about why her parents were out the night of the dance?
(a) they were having tea with Mother Clare
(b) they got lost on the way to dublin
(c) they were rearranging Hogan's outfitters
(d) they were out walking
11. Why does Jack pull of the road on the way to take Benny to Knockglen?
(a) so he can hold her and let her cry
(b) because he needs to kiss her
(c) to mend a flat tire
(d) because he runs out of gas
12. What is the close call Jack and Nan have in Knockglen?
(a) Heather comes to the cottage but doesn't go in
(b) Mother Francis knocks on the door, but leaves
(c) Eve arrives only moments after they leave
(d) Jack is seen getting gas for the car
13. What does Jack have to tell Benny?
(a) that he has to marry Nan
(b) that he has been lying to her about his feelings
(c) that he no longer loves her
(d) that his parents want them to break up
14. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
15. What does Mrs. Healy call the way Fonsie is dressed for Holy Communion?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death becomes the talk of the town?
2. What is Lilly's reaction to Nan?
3. Where do Nan and Jack wake up together?
4. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
5. What does Kit learn about her late husband and son?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)