|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Simon's response when Nan says they should marry?
(a) it will never happen
(b) we can elope tonight
(c) all right if the baby lives
(d) it's the only thing we can do
2. What does Nan say about Eve after she is coy about the outing?
(a) she says would hate to have Eve as an enemy
(b) she says Eve never notices anything
(c) she says Eve plays too many games
(d) she says likes the way Eve keeps secrets
3. Where do Nan and Simon stay on their second night together?
(a) the Dublin Inn
(b) Eve's cottage
(c) Mrs. Healey's hotel
(d) at Westlands
4. What happens after the confrontation between Eve and Nan at the cottage?
(a) Benny slaps Nan
(b) Eve is arrested
(c) Jack calls off the wedding
(d) Nan miscarries
5. What are Benny and Heather doing when Heather asks about the boy Benny had been dieting for?
(a) eating candy
(b) visiting Eve at the cottage
(c) riding bicycles
(d) walking to Westland
6. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
(a) advice from Fergie
(b) the title to her house
(c) insurance money
(d) a visit from Paddy
7. Where does Jack invite Nan to go because he thinks Benny is in Knockglen?
(a) a night time drive
(b) a birthday jparty
(c) the movies again
(d) a dance
8. Who shows up to drive Eve and Heather on their outing?
9. How has working in the shop changed Annabel?
(a) she looks haggard and confused
(b) she has gotten very thin
(c) she has gained too much weight
(d) she no longer looks depressed
10. What is Nan planning to tell Jack?
(a) that she is leaving the country
(b) that she loves him
(c) that she no longer wants to see him
(d) that she is pregnant with his child
11. What do Jack and Nan do in front of her house after the rugby club dance?
(a) they talk about her preganacy
(b) they kiss
(c) they argue
(d) they make love
12. What is Benny's reaction when Jack tells her he took Nan to the dance?
(a) she says she is glad he took Nan
(b) she starts crying and runs away
(c) she demands to know what happened
(d) she shrugs her shoulders
13. What is the outcome for Benny after all the tragedy?
(a) she drops out of the circle of friends
(b) she comes to love herself
(c) she becomes bitter
(d) she leaves school and finds a job
14. What does Simon want from Eve?
(a) help making friends with Jack
(b) information about Nan
(d) to be family again
15. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
(b) that he hated his father
(c) that he spent time with his father
(d) that he worked for his father
Short Answer Questions
1. How do John and Lilly react to Jack's news that he and Nan must marry?
2. Why is Jack upset when he talks to Benny?
3. Who asks Mrs. Healy to marry him and she accepts?
4. What is Sean's surprise proposal to the Hogans?
5. Why is Lilly concerned for Benny?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)