|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benny overhear in the ladies' room?
(a) Sheila and Rosemary talking about Nan
(b) Rosemary cirticising Benny's dress
(c) Sheila and Rosemary talking about Eve
(d) Rosemary dismissing her as competition
2. What does Kit not know about her son Jack?
(a) that he saw Brian as a substitute father
(b) that he spent time with his father
(c) that he hated his father
(d) that he worked for his father
3. What does Eve suggest Benny tell Mrs. Healy about why they are in the hotel?
(a) that she is taking a survey
(b) that she is looking for a gift
(c) that she is looking for school things
(d) that she is waiting for her mother
4. Why does Eve introduce herself to Benny in the reading room?
(a) she is trying to make Benny smile
(b) she doesn't want Aidan to know Benny is her friend
(c) Benny has been avoiding everyone, including Eve
(d) she wants to hurt Benny's feelings
5. As Benny and Eve leave the hotel, who is watching them from Hogan's, across the street?
(a) Sean Walsh
(c) Benny's father
(d) Mother Francis
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annabel suggest Benny make friends with in Knockglen?
2. Why is Eve's estranged grandfather in a wheelchair?
3. Benny and Eve are going to Dublin to study, but where is Eve going instead of the university?
4. What does Eve tell Benny about Kit?
5. How does Nan see the boys from the university?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)