|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benny and Eve are going to Dublin to study, but where is Eve going instead of the university?
(a) a convent to work for the Mother Superior
(b) a convent to become a nun
(c) a convent to teach small children
(d) a convent to study to be a secretary
2. What does Eve tell Benny that she does not believe?
(a) that Simon wants to marry her
(b) that Sean wants to marry Eve
(c) that her father wants her to marry
(d) that Sean wants to marry Benny
3. Why does Mother Francis tell Benny to call her father instead of Annabel?
(a) because Annabel has no one with her
(b) because the head of the house should know first
(c) because she knows he is at the store
(d) because women fuss too much
4. How old is Benny at the beginning of the novel?
5. Why does Dr. John Foley want his son, Jack, to drive him to Knockglen?
(a) he is afraid of the Knockglen people
(b) he has heard Kit Hegarty is in Knockglen
(c) he is still nervous about driving
(d) he thinks it would be good for Jack
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mother Francis taking Eve?
2. What do Eve and Simon argue about?
3. Who saves Benny from having to go home with Sean Walsh escorting her?
4. What funny thing does the Protestant Heather want to know about nuns?
5. Why does Mother Francis arrange for Eve and Kit to be alone together?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)