|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Eve make about parents who get involved in their children's lives?
(a) it can be good or bad
(b) it is something she never had
(c) it is always a good thing
(d) it is always bed
2. Why does Eve say Benny should have a bag in one hand and a drink in the other?
(a) so she will look sophisticated
(b) to give her something to do with her hands
(c) so she will feel more confident
(d) so she can't hide her bosom
3. What reason does Jack give his mother for inviting so many girls to their sherry party?
(a) he wants plenty of girls there for his male friends
(b) he wants to see how they interact with each other
(c) he couldn't decide which one to ask, so he asked all of them
(d) he wanted to make the other boys jealous
4. Why does Even not go to university with Benny?
(a) she could not get money from her inheritance
(b) the convent cannot afford to send her there
(c) her grades were not good enough
(d) she wants to learn a trade and go to work
5. What does Eve tell Benny about Kit?
(a) she expects her son to come in the door
(b) she talks about her son all the time
(c) she cries at night thinking about her son
(d) she is very strict with her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit receive after Joseph dies?
2. Who does Mother Francis compel to take her to Dublin?
3. What does Brian complain about Nan studying upstairs?
4. What does Benny overhear in the ladies' room?
5. What is the question about ownership of Hogan's Outfitters?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)