|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nan tell her father she was afraid of his doing if he came to the hospital?
(a) ordering the doctors around
(b) making a scene
(c) falling down drunk
(d) chastising her
2. Who does Jack ask to go with him to the dance?
(b) several girls
3. What does Brian complain about Nan studying upstairs?
(a) he never gets to see her
(b) her snobbishness with the rest of the family
(c) she is not influencing her siblings
(d) the extra electricity bill for heating her room
4. Why is Nan's father angry with her?
(a) she wasn't supposed to be in Dublin
(b) the message she left frightened the family
(c) she never called them at all
(d) she had some stranger call them
5. What does Emily hope for her daughter?
(a) that she will become an actress
(b) that she will stay home and help her
(c) that she will become a doctor
(d) that she will marry a rich man
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nan leave to come speak with Benny?
2. Who does Eve get to help her with her chores at Mrs. Hegarty's boardinghouse?
3. What makes Benny think she still has a chance for a date to the dance?
4. What does Nan wrangle out of her father, Brian?
5. Why does Dr. John Foley want his son, Jack, to drive him to Knockglen?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)