|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Octavian born?
2. When did Cicero begin to write about politics?
3. Where did Cicero lead a campaign while he was governing Cicilia?
4. How was Cicero described at the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. Which of the following was unclear about Cicero's actions leading to his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Cicero victorious over Antony?
2. What was Caesar planning in the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. How were Cicero's books received?
4. What did Cicero write about in the beginning of Chapter 12 and why?
5. How did Cicero begin his writing in 55 B.C.?
6. How did Cicero view the pending feud between Caesar and Pompey while getting ready to return to Rome in 50 B.C.?
7. What happened when Pompey abandoned Rome in Chapter 10?
8. How did Pompey ask for Cicero's help against Caesar in Chapter 10?
9. Why was Cicero's book, On Law, significant?
10. How was Cicero killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the similarities and differences in the First Triumvirate and the Second Triumvirate, the people involved, and the effect each had on Ancient Rome, Cicero, and the Republic.
Essay Topic 2
Explain at least three literary and philosophical contributions that Cicero made with his work and why they are considered a valuable resource.
Essay Topic 3
Education was a major part of the foundation for Cicero's career.
1) Describe Cicero's early background and education.
2) Explain which areas Cicero studied the most and how it helped him later in his life and career.
3) Analyze Cicero's goal of becoming an advocate and whether or not he achieved it.
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)