|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people were involved in the conspiracy to kill Caesar?
2. When did Octavian ask Cicero for help against Antony?
3. What did Caesar think should replace the squabbles of the Senate?
4. Where did Cicero retreat after the death of his daughter?
5. Out of the many blows that were used in the attack on Caesar, how many were fatal?
Short Essay Questions
1. When was On the State published and what was it about?
2. Why was Cicero's book, On Law, significant?
3. What did Cicero do when saw the changes in Rome as he returned at age sixty?
4. Where was Cicero in Chapter 11, and how did he return to Rome?
5. What challenges did Cicero have in Cicilia?
6. What was Caesar planning in the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. What happened to cause a Second Triumvirate and the end of the Republic?
8. What did Cicero write about in the beginning of Chapter 12 and why?
9. What unwavering qualities are the most remembered about Cicero?
10. How were Cicero's books received?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail the association between politics and law, using Cicero's political campaigns as an example.
Essay Topic 2
Catalina was an enemy of Cicero while he was Consul.
1) Describe how Cicero was elected Consul and the start of Catalina's conspiracy.
2) Explain Catalina's conspiracy and how it was thwarted by Cicero.
2) Analyze the intended and unintended consequences of Cicero's actions in stopping Catalina's conspiracy.
Essay Topic 3
Explain at least three literary and philosophical contributions that Cicero made with his work and why they are considered a valuable resource.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)