|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Cicero before meeting with Caesar in Chapter 11?
2. Which of Cicero's books were written in dialogue form?
3. Which of the following was unclear about Cicero's actions leading to his death?
4. Although trying to remain neutral, what did Cicero fear would happen no matter who gained control in Chapter 10?
5. How much fame and glory did Caesar say that Cicero's writings had earned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 14?
2. How were Cicero's books received?
3. How did Cicero respond to the personal events he endured in 46 B.C.?
4. How did the conflict between Caesar and Pompey begin?
5. How was Caesar assassinated?
6. What was Caesar's reaction to Pompey's death?
7. How was Cicero victorious over Antony?
8. What did the conspirators against Caesar do as a way to diminish his reputation?
9. Why was Cicero hesitant to work with Octavian in Chapter 14?
10. Which contributions did Cicero make through his philosophical works?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With his experiences, it was reported that Cicero's personality traits changed during his life.
1) Explain how Cicero's personality was described in the beginning of the book.
2) Analyze the way Cicero's personality influenced his career and choices.
3) Describe how Cicero's personality changed over time and why.
Essay Topic 2
Explain at least three literary and philosophical contributions that Cicero made with his work and why they are considered a valuable resource.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Cicero and Caesar, their characters, their time as Consul, and the decisions they made, particularly Cicero's refusal to help Caesar at a key point in Ancient Roman history.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)