|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much work did On the State require?
2. How did people agree that Cicero died?
3. Where was Pompey killed?
4. When did Cicero arrive in Cicilia?
5. What was Cicero's instinct about Caesar's attempts in the Senate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cicero write about in the beginning of Chapter 12 and why?
2. When was On the State published and what was it about?
3. How did Cicero begin his writing in 55 B.C.?
4. What were the Philippics?
5. Why did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 14?
6. What unwavering qualities are the most remembered about Cicero?
7. What was Caesar planning in the beginning of Chapter 9?
8. Why was Cicero hesitant to work with Octavian in Chapter 14?
9. How was Cicero victorious over Antony?
10. What did Cicero do when he returned to Rome in Chapter 14 and how was he received?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Cicero's case against Verres, its significance in Cicero's career, and the results of it for Cicero and the city. Also, provide an explanation of the strategy that Cicero used during the case and why it was effective.
Essay Topic 2
Explain at least three literary and philosophical contributions that Cicero made with his work and why they are considered a valuable resource.
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail the association between politics and law, using Cicero's political campaigns as an example.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)