|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Cicero elected Consul?
2. Why did the Senate become influential in the Roman government?
3. Following a successful campaign for Quaestor, what position was Cicero given in Sicily?
4. What age was Cicero when he became Praetor in Chapter 4?
5. What was Cicero's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cicero uncover the conspiracy and thwart Catalina?
2. What nickname was Cicero given during his youth and how was it selected?
3. Which two social classes were mentioned in Chapter 1?
4. How did Cicero work with Caesar when he returned from exile?
5. What caused Cicero to be exiled from Rome?
6. What strategy did Cicero use against Verres in Chapter 4?
7. Where was Cicero raised and how was his background described in Chapter 2?
8. What was the state of Rome when Cicero first became Consul?
9. How did Cicero win the Roscius case?
10. Why did Cicero decide to become an advocate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
With his experiences, it was reported that Cicero's personality traits changed during his life.
1) Explain how Cicero's personality was described in the beginning of the book.
2) Analyze the way Cicero's personality influenced his career and choices.
3) Describe how Cicero's personality changed over time and why.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the structure and effectiveness of the Ancient Roman Government with the current government in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze three main themes that were present and/or repeated in Cicero's writings along with why you think they were important to him.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)