|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the Quaestors mainly responsible for?
2. What was Cicero's birthday?
3. How many Quaestors were in the Roman government?
4. Why was the defeat of Verres significant?
5. Where was the town that Cicero was born located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What nickname was Cicero given during his youth and how was it selected?
2. What type of academic training did Cicero receive?
3. Why were the Consuls elected in the Roman government and how did they serve?
4. How was the Roman Constitution described in Chapter 1?
5. What was the reason for Cicero's speech about the First Triumvirate?
6. What political problem led to the crisis that Cicero would face?
7. How was Cicero returned from exile?
8. Where was Cicero raised and how was his background described in Chapter 2?
9. Where did Cicero have an administrative post and how long was he there?
10. What was Caesar doing to gain support in Chapter 5?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the structure and effectiveness of the Ancient Roman Government with the current government in the United States.
Essay Topic 2
Cicero dealt with Clodius on numerous occasions.
1) Describe how the feud between Cicero and Clodius started.
2) Explain the methods that Clodius used against Cicero.
3) Analyze Cicero's response to Clodius and the events that led to his exile.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the setting of "Cicero: The Life and Times of Rome's Greatest Politician." Include a description of Ancient Rome and the Forum, as well as the ancestry of the locations, and how they impacted Cicero's life.
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)