|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Pompey killed?
2. Which river did Caesar cross to ambush Pompey?
3. What year was Caesar scheduled to return to Rome and become Consul again?
(a) 48 B.C.
(b) 49 B.C.
(c) 50 B.C.
(d) 51 B.C.
4. Where did Cicero lead a campaign while he was governing Cicilia?
5. How was Cicero described at the beginning of Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cicero's reputation when he began writing about politics?
2. How did the opposition to Caesar act when Pompey abandoned Rome?
3. How did Cicero respond to Cesar's request for help in Chapter 10?
4. Which of Cicero's books were written in dialogue form?
5. How did Caesar react to Pompey's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 14?
2. When was On the State published and what was it about?
3. Where was Cicero in Chapter 11, and how did he return to Rome?
4. How were Cicero's books received?
5. What did Cicero do when he returned to Rome in Chapter 14 and how was he received?
6. What challenges did Cicero have in Cicilia?
7. How did Cicero respond to the personal events he endured in 46 B.C.?
8. How was Caesar assassinated?
9. How was Cicero victorious over Antony?
10. How did Cicero view the pending feud between Caesar and Pompey while getting ready to return to Rome in 50 B.C.?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)