|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Cicero to be wary of helping Octavian?
(a) He did not know about Octavian's plans.
(b) He was unsure about how the people would react.
(c) It would distract him from writing more speeches.
(d) It would require unconstitutional actions.
2. Which one of the following did not happen after Caesar's funeral?
(a) The Senate house was burned.
(b) Antony refused to attend.
(c) Cicero left Rome.
(d) A riot broke out.
3. How did the opposition to Caesar act when Pompey abandoned Rome?
(a) They were outraged.
(b) They were confused.
(c) They were unaware of it.
(d) They were hiding.
4. When did Cicero divorce Terentia?
(a) 47 B.C.
(b) 50 B.C.
(c) 48 B.C.
(d) 49 B.C.
5. As mentioned in Chapter 8, which problem did Cicero observe in the Roman Constitution?
(a) Only that it was not long enough.
(b) Only in the people entrusted with protecting it.
(c) Only that it was too long.
(d) Only in the revisions that could be made to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero defend in his book about oratory in Chapter 8?
2. How long were Cicero and Terentia married?
3. When did Caesar's forces catch up with Pompey?
4. What was On the State written about?
5. How much work did On the State require?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Cicero in Chapter 11, and how did he return to Rome?
2. What challenges did Cicero have in Cicilia?
3. How was Cicero victorious over Antony?
4. What was Caesar's reaction to Pompey's death?
5. How was Cicero killed?
6. Why was Cicero's book, On Law, significant?
7. When was On the State published and what was it about?
8. Which contributions did Cicero make through his philosophical works?
9. Why did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 14?
10. What was Caesar planning in the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)