|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Cicero elected Consul?
(a) February 10, 63 B.C.
(b) January 10, 63 B.C.
(c) February 1, 63 B.C.
(d) January 1, 63 B.C.
2. What did Cicero spend his time doing when he first returned from exile?
(a) Writing laws.
(b) Teaching people about the Constitution.
(c) Putting his finances back together.
(d) Writing speeches for other candidates.
3. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
(a) The shock of the stability of the Republic.
(b) Cultural divisions diminished.
(c) The Romans moved to other areas.
(d) Italy became united.
4. What did Cicero use to discredit his opponents once he had the support of the governing classes in Chapter 5?
(a) His political skills.
(b) His writing skills.
(c) His speaking, writing, and political skills.
(d) His speaking skills.
5. What was the public reaction when they became aware of the First Triumverate?
(a) It was unpopular.
(b) It was only popular with a few people.
(c) It was popular.
(d) It was considered a distraction.
Short Answer Questions
1. After hearing about Catalina's plan, what did Cicero convince the Senate to do?
2. How old was Cicero when the liquidations took place in Chapter 2?
3. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
4. What did Catalina do when Cicero gave a direct speech that exposed the conspiracy?
5. Which tactic did Caesar use in order to get a land reform bill passed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the Roman Constitution described in Chapter 1?
2. How did Cicero work with Caesar when he returned from exile?
3. How did Cicero uncover the conspiracy and thwart Catalina?
4. Why did Cicero not give a speech at the end of his Consulship?
5. What was the reason for Cicero's speech about the First Triumvirate?
6. In what way did Cicero begin his speaking career in Chapter 3?
7. Which army did Cicero serve in during the War of Allies in Chapter 2?
8. Where was Cicero raised and how was his background described in Chapter 2?
9. What was causing trouble for the Roman Empire in the First Century, B.C.?
10. How was the Forum described in Chapter 3?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)