|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the Triumvirate use Cicero's skills as a lawyer?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Four years.
2. What small town was Cicero born in?
3. Which year did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 3?
(a) 79 B.C.
(b) 80 B.C.
(c) 78 B.C.
(d) 81 B.C.
4. How did Cicero initially protect himself from Clodius and his standing gang?
(a) By working with a Tribune.
(b) By only appearing in crowds.
(c) By continuing to give speeches.
(d) By keeping his location unknown.
5. Which of the following was Cicero's main objective in restoring the Republic?
(a) Drawing attention to the Constitution.
(b) Lowering taxes for all Romans.
(c) Lowering taxes for most Romans.
(d) Revising the Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
2. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
3. After quickly listing the crimes of Verres, how did Cicero build the case in his opening statement?
4. Which year was Cicero born?
5. How many men that Catalina recruited began to leave after Cicero stopped the conspiracy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cicero flatter the lower classes after a major victory as Praetor?
2. How was Cicero returned from exile?
3. What caused Cicero to be exiled from Rome?
4. What political problem led to the crisis that Cicero would face?
5. What was the state of Rome when Cicero first became Consul?
6. Which two social classes were mentioned in Chapter 1?
7. How did Cicero protect himself against Clodius and his gang?
8. How did Cicero become elected Consul?
9. In what way did Cicero begin his speaking career in Chapter 3?
10. What strategy did Cicero use against Verres in Chapter 4?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)