|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who talked Cicero into exposing Clodius' false alibi at the festival?
(a) No one.
2. When did Nepos prevent Cicero from giving a speech?
(a) In the middle of his Consulship.
(b) At the beginning of his Consulship.
(c) In the months after his Consulship.
(d) At the end of his Consulship.
3. What nickname was Cicero given while studying certain subjects?
(a) The little rhetorician.
(b) The little Greek writer.
(c) The little Greek boy.
(d) The little author.
4. Besides trying to convince the Senate to ratify his conquests, what was Pompey's goal after returning to Italy?
(a) Acquiring money for veterans.
(b) Stopping another war.
(c) Starting another war.
(d) Acquiring farms for veterans.
5. Which of the following was Cicero's main objective in restoring the Republic?
(a) Lowering taxes for all Romans.
(b) Drawing attention to the Constitution.
(c) Revising the Constitution.
(d) Lowering taxes for most Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Roman Constitution developed?
2. Which tactic did Caesar use in order to get a land reform bill passed?
3. What age was Cicero when he started giving speeches?
4. When was Cicero elected Consul?
5. Why did the governing classes decide to back Cicero for Consul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Caesar doing to gain support in Chapter 5?
2. Why were the Consuls elected in the Roman government and how did they serve?
3. How did Cicero work with Caesar when he returned from exile?
4. Why did Cicero not give a speech at the end of his Consulship?
5. What caused Cicero to be exiled from Rome?
6. Why was Cicero's case against Verres significant?
7. What was the result of the War of Allies?
8. What was the reason for Cicero's speech about the First Triumvirate?
9. Why did Cicero flatter the lower classes after a major victory as Praetor?
10. What strategy did Cicero use against Verres in Chapter 4?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)