|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Cicero begin to write about politics?
(a) 55 B.C.
(b) 52 B.C.
(c) 53 B.C.
(d) 54 B.C.
2. Out of the many blows that were used in the attack on Caesar, how many were fatal?
(b) A few.
(d) A lot.
3. What was Cicero's instinct about Caesar's attempts in the Senate?
(a) To support neither Caesar nor the Senate.
(b) To support both Caesar and the Senate.
(c) To support the Senate against Caesar.
(d) To support Caesar against the Senate.
4. What did Cicero defend in his book about oratory in Chapter 8?
(a) The origins of rhetoric.
(b) The future of rhetoric.
(c) The practice of rhetoric.
(d) The reasons of rhetoric.
5. How did Caesar react to Pompey's murder?
(a) He wrote a letter.
(b) He kept silent.
(c) He cried.
(d) He screamed.
6. Which subject did Cicero teach when he returned to Rome?
7. What description was given of Caesar before he was killed?
(a) Depressed and unhealthy.
(b) Depressed, but healthy.
(c) Optimistic, but unhealthy.
(d) Optimistic and healthy.
8. How old was Antony after Caesar's death?
9. What caused Cicero to be wary of helping Octavian?
(a) It would distract him from writing more speeches.
(b) It would require unconstitutional actions.
(c) He did not know about Octavian's plans.
(d) He was unsure about how the people would react.
10. How long did Cicero plan to govern Cicilia?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Half a year.
11. When did the conspiracies against Caesar begin?
(a) Eight months after the Ides of March.
(b) One month after the Ides of March.
(c) One year after the Ides of March.
(d) Four months after the Ides of March.
12. Which of the following was Caesar's political intent before he was killed?
(a) It was unclear.
(b) He wanted to be a dictator and a legal Consul.
(c) He wanted to remain a dictator.
(d) He wanted to be a legal Consul.
13. What was noteworthy about On Law?
(a) It was Cicero's only book with an Introduction.
(b) It was Cicero's only book without an Introduction.
(c) It was never finished.
(d) It was Cicero's longest book.
14. What year was Octavian born?
(a) 62 B.C.
(b) 60 B.C.
(c) 63 B.C.
(d) 61 B.C.
15. When did Octavian ask Cicero for help against Antony?
(a) November 30.
(b) October 31.
(c) November 28.
(d) October 29.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take before Cicero began to recover from his daughter's passing?
2. Which of Cicero's books were written in dialogue form?
3. When did Cicero return to Rome, greeted by happy crowds?
4. Which one of the following did not happen after Caesar's funeral?
5. Why did Antony begin to lose power to Octavian?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)