|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Clodius' death, what was Pompey asked to do for the city?
(a) Rally the troops to impose law and order.
(b) Rally the troops to fight a war abroad.
(c) Raise funds for a political campaign.
(d) Raise funds for a war.
2. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
(a) Cultural divisions diminished.
(b) The Romans moved to other areas.
(c) The shock of the stability of the Republic.
(d) Italy became united.
3. When did the Plebs rebel against abuses of power?
(b) Every year.
(d) Every month.
4. What did Cicero spend his time doing when he first returned from exile?
(a) Teaching people about the Constitution.
(b) Writing laws.
(c) Writing speeches for other candidates.
(d) Putting his finances back together.
5. Based on Cicero's letters around the time of his speech about Caesar in Chapter 7, what was clear about his mood?
(a) He was excited to be back.
(b) He was not depressed.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was not excited to be back.
6. How many Quaestors were in the Roman government?
(d) Twenty five.
7. How did Clodius' supporters distract Cicero at Milo's trial?
(a) By laughing.
(b) With an uproar.
(c) By asking a lot of questions.
(d) With signs.
8. Which of the following was established to represent the Plebs?
(a) Advisory Committees.
(b) Advisory Boards.
9. What was the length of the term for the Consuls?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Four years.
(d) Three years.
10. At the end of 52 B.C., what depended on the alliance between Caesar and Pompey?
(a) Trade with other cities.
(b) Political stability.
(c) A pending war.
(d) Economic regulations.
11. How did Caesar gain attention in Chapter 5?
(a) Spending money.
(b) Supporting Cicero.
(c) Opposing Cicero.
(d) Raising money.
12. When did Caesar return to be elected Consul?
(a) 63 B.C.
(b) 61 B.C.
(c) 62 B.C.
(d) 60 B.C.
13. Besides trying to convince the Senate to ratify his conquests, what was Pompey's goal after returning to Italy?
(a) Stopping another war.
(b) Starting another war.
(c) Acquiring money for veterans.
(d) Acquiring farms for veterans.
14. After quickly listing the crimes of Verres, how did Cicero build the case in his opening statement?
(a) By providing the evidence, explaining the crimes again, and asking for questions.
(b) By asking for questions.
(c) By providing the evidence.
(d) By explaining the crimes again.
15. When did Cicero begin studying law in Rome?
(a) 90 B.C.
(b) 95 B.C.
(c) 85 B.C.
(d) 100 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Cicero elected Consul?
2. How old was Cicero when the liquidations took place in Chapter 2?
3. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
4. Who elected the Consuls in the Roman government?
5. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)