|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cicero voice his disapproval of Caesar's actions in getting a land reform bill passed?
(a) He wrote a letter.
(b) He gave a speech.
(c) He wrote four letters.
(d) He gave four speeches.
2. Who elected the Consuls in the Roman government?
(c) The people.
3. How many years before Cicero was born did the crisis that would lead to the end of the Roman Republic begin?
(d) One hundred.
4. How many years were there between when Cicero's daughter was married and the actual wedding?
5. How many men that Catalina recruited began to leave after Cicero stopped the conspiracy?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Fourteen thousand.
(c) Eighteen thousand.
(d) Twenty thousand.
6. After hearing about Catalina's plan, what did Cicero convince the Senate to do?
(a) Postpone the elections.
(b) Issue a fine.
(c) Stop Catalina from leaving the city.
(d) Arrest Catalina.
7. How did Cicero initially protect himself from Clodius and his standing gang?
(a) By working with a Tribune.
(b) By continuing to give speeches.
(c) By keeping his location unknown.
(d) By only appearing in crowds.
8. Based on Cicero's letters around the time of his speech about Caesar in Chapter 7, what was clear about his mood?
(a) He was not excited to be back.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was excited to be back.
(d) He was not depressed.
9. While defeating Verres in court, what did Cicero do to become more well-known?
(a) He ran local festivals.
(b) He gave weekly speeches.
(c) He ran several fundraisers.
(d) He wrote for the local newspaper.
10. What was Rome's economy like when Cicero became Consul?
(b) Gradually worsening.
(c) On the brink of disaster.
11. What small town was Cicero born in?
12. Which form of evidence did Cicero use to prove Catalina guilty?
(a) A previous case.
(b) A confession.
13. What was the length of the term for the Consuls?
(a) Three years.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Four years.
14. When did normalcy return to Rome after winning the War of Allies?
(a) Twenty years later.
(b) Twenty five years later.
(c) Ten years later.
(d) Five years later.
15. How long did Cicero live in Sicily in Chapter 4?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Eight years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Cicero represent in the case against Verres?
2. Who talked Cicero into exposing Clodius' false alibi at the festival?
3. Where was the town that Cicero was born located?
4. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
5. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)