|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Cicero's Civil War, Against Marc Antony, January—April, 43 B.C., Chapter 16, Death at the Seaside, The End of the Republic, April—November, 43 B.C., Chapter 17, Postmortems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Caesar gain attention in Chapter 5?
(a) Supporting Cicero.
(b) Spending money.
(c) Opposing Cicero.
(d) Raising money.
2. Where was Cicero going when he was caught by the tribune?
3. What year was Caesar scheduled to return to Rome and become Consul again?
(a) 48 B.C.
(b) 49 B.C.
(c) 51 B.C.
(d) 50 B.C.
4. How many Roman soldiers died in the civil war?
(a) Eighty thousand.
(b) One hundred thousand.
(c) Two hundred and eighty thousand.
(d) Ten thousand.
5. How many people were involved in the conspiracy to kill Caesar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Antony begin to lose power to Octavian?
2. Which invaluable service did Cicero do while writing philosophy?
3. Which types of teachers did Cicero study with during the time he was away from Rome?
4. Which of the following was cited as a reason for the difficulty Rome had in managing its vast holdings?
5. When did Octavian become Consul?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)