|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Cicero's Civil War, Against Marc Antony, January—April, 43 B.C., Chapter 16, Death at the Seaside, The End of the Republic, April—November, 43 B.C., Chapter 17, Postmortems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Clodius' supporters distract Cicero at Milo's trial?
(a) With signs.
(b) By asking a lot of questions.
(c) By laughing.
(d) With an uproar.
2. How did people agree that Cicero died?
(a) With bravery and resilience.
(b) With bravery, resilience, and professionalism.
(c) With bravery and professionalism.
(d) With resilience and professionalism.
3. What was Cicero's birthday?
(a) January 3.
(b) February 23.
(c) February 3.
(d) January 23.
4. How did Caesar react to Pompey's murder?
(a) He screamed.
(b) He kept silent.
(c) He wrote a letter.
(d) He cried.
5. What part of the Republic's modernization was the source of tension between Caesar and Pompey?
(b) Trade agreements.
(d) Governing institutions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Cicero and his allies able to reveal support for in Chapter 10?
2. What type of campaign did Cicero lead while governing Cicilia?
3. When did Cicero divorce Terentia?
4. What was Cicero's reputation when he began writing about politics?
5. How did the number of cases that Cicero received change after his defense of Roscius?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)