|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Cicero's Civil War, Against Marc Antony, January—April, 43 B.C., Chapter 16, Death at the Seaside, The End of the Republic, April—November, 43 B.C., Chapter 17, Postmortems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero label Antony in the third Philippic?
(c) A traitor.
(d) An enemy.
2. When did Cicero return to Rome, greeted by happy crowds?
(a) June 10.
(b) August 15.
(c) June 20.
(d) August 31.
3. How long did Cicero plan to govern Cicilia?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Half a year.
(d) Three years.
4. With the ability to exercise sovereign power, how many Praetors were there in the Roman government?
(d) Thirty two.
5. Where was the town that Cicero was born located?
(a) South of Rome.
(b) East of Rome.
(c) West of Rome.
(d) North of Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cicero voice his disapproval of Caesar's actions in getting a land reform bill passed?
2. What was the crowd's response to Brutus' claim that Caesar had to be assassinated at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What was noted about Cicero's goal of restoring traditional political values at the end of the book?
4. What did Everitt think about the Roman Constitution's checks and balances?
5. Why did Cicero initially begin giving his famous speeches, the Philippics?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)