|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Cicero's Civil War, Against Marc Antony, January—April, 43 B.C., Chapter 16, Death at the Seaside, The End of the Republic, April—November, 43 B.C., Chapter 17, Postmortems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was Caesar's political intent before he was killed?
(a) He wanted to remain a dictator.
(b) He wanted to be a dictator and a legal Consul.
(c) It was unclear.
(d) He wanted to be a legal Consul.
2. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
(a) It caused him to rethink his work.
(b) It caused him to spend more time away from work.
(c) It helped him financially.
(d) It helped him politically.
3. What did Cicero speak against in his Philippics?
(a) A compromise with Antony.
(b) Another war.
(c) A set of laws against Antony.
(d) Another election.
4. What nickname was Cicero given while studying certain subjects?
(a) The little Greek boy.
(b) The little author.
(c) The little Greek writer.
(d) The little rhetorician.
5. Which year was Cicero's second and last child born?
(a) 64 B.C.
(b) 68 B.C.
(c) 67 B.C.
(d) 65 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero spend his time doing when he first returned from exile?
2. Why did Cicero's defense of Roscius have such a big impact on his career?
3. How did Cicero respond to Octavian as Consul and the forming of the Second Triumvirate?
4. Which one of the following did not happen after Caesar's funeral?
5. How long did Cicero spend polishing his speeches in the beginning of his career?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)