|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Cicero's Civil War, Against Marc Antony, January—April, 43 B.C., Chapter 16, Death at the Seaside, The End of the Republic, April—November, 43 B.C., Chapter 17, Postmortems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another way to describe the social class of the Patricians?
(a) Lower class.
(b) The lower and middle class combined.
(c) Middle class.
2. What was the purpose of the tribunal that was assembled with Octavian as Consul?
(a) To prevent future political speeches.
(b) To oversee future cases.
(c) To try the conspirators against Caesar.
(d) To undermine the Senate.
3. How was On the State received?
(a) It was popular but had little political impact.
(b) Not as many copies were available, but it had great political impact.
(c) It was popular and had great political impact.
(d) Not as many copies were available and it had little political impact.
4. Out of the many blows that were used in the attack on Caesar, how many were fatal?
(c) A lot.
(d) A few.
5. Why did the Senate become influential in the Roman government?
(a) The positions were held for over twenty years.
(b) The positions were held for life.
(c) The Senate was intended to represent both social classes.
(d) The Senate did not represent either social class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the length of the term for the Consuls?
2. When did Octavian become Consul?
3. Following Clodius' death, what was Pompey asked to do for the city?
4. Which political problems were at the source of the crisis for the Roman Empire?
5. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)