|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, Cicero's Civil War, Against Marc Antony, January—April, 43 B.C., Chapter 16, Death at the Seaside, The End of the Republic, April—November, 43 B.C., Chapter 17, Postmortems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Cicero elected Consul?
(a) January 10, 63 B.C.
(b) January 1, 63 B.C.
(c) February 10, 63 B.C.
(d) February 1, 63 B.C.
2. What was the public reaction when they became aware of the First Triumverate?
(a) It was considered a distraction.
(b) It was unpopular.
(c) It was popular.
(d) It was only popular with a few people.
3. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
(a) It caused him to spend more time away from work.
(b) It caused him to rethink his work.
(c) It helped him politically.
(d) It helped him financially.
4. When was On the State published?
(a) 54 B.C.
(b) 52 B.C.
(c) 51 B.C.
(d) 53 B.C.
5. What year was Caesar scheduled to return to Rome and become Consul again?
(a) 50 B.C.
(b) 49 B.C.
(c) 51 B.C.
(d) 48 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was a main challenge that Cicero struggled with in Cicilia?
2. Why did Cassius mainly hate Caesar?
3. Which invaluable service did Cicero do while writing philosophy?
4. How many times was Antony defeated at the beginning of the war?
5. In a deal that was eventually broken by Clodius, what did Cicero agree to do if Clodius did not launch a prosecution?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)