|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Philosophical Investigations, Thoughts on the Nature of Things, 46-44 B.C., Chapter 13, Why, This Is Violence!, Plots and Conspiracies, January—March 44 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it easy for mob rule to exist in Rome?
(a) The laws against it were not specific enough.
(b) There were no laws against it.
(c) High taxes.
(d) High unemployment.
2. Which one of the following was not included in the list of things that Cicero focused on during the years after his exile?
(a) His private life.
3. What was the length of the term for the Consuls?
(a) Four years.
(b) One year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three years.
4. Where was the town that Cicero was born located?
(a) North of Rome.
(b) East of Rome.
(c) South of Rome.
(d) West of Rome.
5. How did Cicero respond to a land reform bill in Chapter 5?
(a) He supported most of it.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He supported it.
(d) He opposed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Cicero when he started giving speeches?
2. How long did the Triumvirate use Cicero's skills as a lawyer?
3. Following a successful campaign for Quaestor, what position was Cicero given in Sicily?
4. Who did Cicero represent in the case against Verres?
5. Whose army did Cicero fight with in the War of Allies?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)