|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Philosophical Investigations, Thoughts on the Nature of Things, 46-44 B.C., Chapter 13, Why, This Is Violence!, Plots and Conspiracies, January—March 44 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero spend his time doing when he first returned from exile?
(a) Writing speeches for other candidates.
(b) Teaching people about the Constitution.
(c) Putting his finances back together.
(d) Writing laws.
2. How did Cicero voice his disapproval of Caesar's actions in getting a land reform bill passed?
(a) He wrote four letters.
(b) He gave a speech.
(c) He gave four speeches.
(d) He wrote a letter.
3. Which tactic did Caesar use in order to get a land reform bill passed?
(a) He appealed to the People.
(b) He bribed the Senate.
(c) He refused to attend meetings unless the bill was passed.
(d) He made several threats to the Senate.
4. Which river did Caesar cross to ambush Pompey?
5. Which of Cicero's books were written in dialogue form?
(a) Neither On the State nor On Law.
(b) Only On Law.
(c) On the State and On Law.
(d) Only On the State.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the defeat of Verres significant?
2. Which month was Cicero's book about oratory released?
3. What was the public reaction when they became aware of the First Triumverate?
4. How long did Cicero disappear from public view in Chapter 10?
5. When did the Plebs rebel against abuses of power?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)