|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Philosophical Investigations, Thoughts on the Nature of Things, 46-44 B.C., Chapter 13, Why, This Is Violence!, Plots and Conspiracies, January—March 44 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which river did Caesar cross to ambush Pompey?
2. What did Cicero spend his time doing when he first returned from exile?
(a) Putting his finances back together.
(b) Writing speeches for other candidates.
(c) Teaching people about the Constitution.
(d) Writing laws.
3. When did Caesar's forces catch up with Pompey?
(a) June 12, 52 B.C.
(b) June 2, 47 B.C.
(c) August 19, 50 B.C.
(d) August 9, 49 B.C.
4. What part of the Republic's modernization was the source of tension between Caesar and Pompey?
(b) Trade agreements.
(d) Governing institutions.
5. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
(a) One battle.
(d) Two battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Caesar return to be elected Consul?
2. To what extent had Rome changed when Cicero returned in Chapter 11?
3. How much fame and glory did Caesar say that Cicero's writings had earned?
4. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
5. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)