|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Pretty-Boy's Revenge, The Good Goddess Affair and the Return of Pompey, 62-58 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
(c) One battle.
(d) Two battles.
2. What impressed Cicero about the potential of becoming an advocate in Chapter 2?
(a) The fame and power of an effective public speaker on the world.
(b) The money a public speaker could make.
(c) The impact an advocate could have in the courtroom.
(d) The audience's reaction to an advocate.
3. What age was Cicero when he started giving speeches?
(a) Thirty five.
(c) Twenty five.
4. What was absent from Rome that caused further troubles in managing their holdings?
(a) Police forces, diplomatic representatives, and banking services.
(b) Public infrastructure, police forces, and banking services.
(c) Public infrastructure, local representatives, and banking services.
(d) Public infrastructure, police forces, and local representatives.
5. Which of the following was cited as a reason for the difficulty Rome had in managing its vast holdings?
(a) Low communication costs.
(b) High communication costs.
(c) A lack of communication.
(d) Interrupted communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides trying to convince the Senate to ratify his conquests, what was Pompey's goal after returning to Italy?
2. Which types of teachers did Cicero study with during the time he was away from Rome?
3. How old was Cicero when the liquidations took place in Chapter 2?
4. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
5. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)