|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Pretty-Boy's Revenge, The Good Goddess Affair and the Return of Pompey, 62-58 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Catalina do when Cicero gave a direct speech that exposed the conspiracy?
(a) Confronted Cicero and then hid.
(c) Gathered an army and confronted Cicero.
(d) Gathered an army and hid.
2. What impressed Cicero about the potential of becoming an advocate in Chapter 2?
(a) The money a public speaker could make.
(b) The impact an advocate could have in the courtroom.
(c) The audience's reaction to an advocate.
(d) The fame and power of an effective public speaker on the world.
3. Which of the following was established to represent the Plebs?
(a) Advisory Committees.
(d) Advisory Boards.
4. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
(a) About ninety miles.
(b) About fifty miles.
(c) About seventy miles.
(d) About seven miles.
5. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
(a) Two battles.
(d) One battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
2. When did Caesar return to be elected Consul?
3. How did the number of cases that Cicero received change after his defense of Roscius?
4. When did Nepos prevent Cicero from giving a speech?
5. What was Rome's economy like when Cicero became Consul?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)