|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Against Catalina, Campaign and Conspiracy, 63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero use to discredit his opponents once he had the support of the governing classes in Chapter 5?
(a) His speaking skills.
(b) His speaking, writing, and political skills.
(c) His writing skills.
(d) His political skills.
2. Why did Cicero's defense of Roscius have such a big impact on his career?
(a) The place where his speech took place.
(b) The oratorical structure of his speech.
(c) The ending of his speech.
(d) The beginning of his speech.
3. When did the Plebs rebel against abuses of power?
(a) Every month.
(b) Every year.
4. Which year was Cicero born?
(a) 102 B.C.
(b) 110 B.C.
(c) 106 B.C.
(d) 112 B.C.
5. How did Caesar gain attention in Chapter 5?
(a) Raising money.
(b) Supporting Cicero.
(c) Spending money.
(d) Opposing Cicero.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the ability to exercise sovereign power, how many Praetors were there in the Roman government?
2. What did Cicero learn about from Diodotus?
3. What age was Cicero when he started giving speeches?
4. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
5. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)