|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Against Catalina, Campaign and Conspiracy, 63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero use to discredit his opponents once he had the support of the governing classes in Chapter 5?
(a) His speaking, writing, and political skills.
(b) His speaking skills.
(c) His writing skills.
(d) His political skills.
2. What small town was Cicero born in?
3. Which form of evidence did Cicero use to prove Catalina guilty?
(b) A previous case.
(d) A confession.
4. How was the city of Rome described in Chapter 3?
(a) Well planned and constructed, but dangerous in many places.
(b) Unplanned, chaotically built, and dangerous in many places.
(c) Unplanned, chaotically built, but not dangerous.
(d) Well planned and constructed, and safe.
5. Which part of the Forum did Everitt detail at length?
(a) Its buildings and modern replications of it.
(b) Its landscape and modern replications of it.
(c) Its landscape and buildings.
(d) Its landscape, buildings, and modern replications of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
2. Which year was Cicero born?
3. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
4. Where was the town that Cicero was born located?
5. Why was it easy for mob rule to exist in Rome?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)