|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Against Catalina, Campaign and Conspiracy, 63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did normalcy return to Rome after winning the War of Allies?
(a) Ten years later.
(b) Twenty years later.
(c) Five years later.
(d) Twenty five years later.
2. Although Cicero's exact reason for leaving Rome was not well known, what might have been a possibility?
(a) His political ambitions.
(b) His health.
(c) His writings.
(d) His financial situation.
3. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
(a) To help raise their wages.
(b) To win their support for the Consulship.
(c) To win their support for his writings.
(d) To help them get loans.
4. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
(a) Less than a million.
(b) Two million.
(c) Over a million.
(d) Over two million.
5. According to Cicero in his speech to the Senators in Chapter 4, what did their reputation depend on?
(a) Their ability to convict Verres.
(b) Their ability to deliver a fast decision.
(c) Their understanding of each crime.
(d) Their willingness to hear all the evidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Cicero return to Rome in order to plan his first political campaign?
2. Who elected the Consuls in the Roman government?
3. How was the Roman Constitution developed?
4. When did the Plebs rebel against abuses of power?
5. How did Verres react to the probability of defeat?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)