|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Against Catalina, Campaign and Conspiracy, 63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
(a) To win their support for his writings.
(b) To help them get loans.
(c) To win their support for the Consulship.
(d) To help raise their wages.
2. How did Caesar gain attention in Chapter 5?
(a) Opposing Cicero.
(b) Supporting Cicero.
(c) Spending money.
(d) Raising money.
3. What is another way to describe the social class of the Patricians?
(a) Lower class.
(b) Middle class.
(c) The lower and middle class combined.
4. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
(a) Cultural divisions diminished.
(b) Italy became united.
(c) The shock of the stability of the Republic.
(d) The Romans moved to other areas.
5. When was Cicero elected Consul?
(a) January 1, 63 B.C.
(b) February 1, 63 B.C.
(c) January 10, 63 B.C.
(d) February 10, 63 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
2. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
3. How was the city of Rome described in Chapter 3?
4. What small town was Cicero born in?
5. Why did the governing classes decide to back Cicero for Consul?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)