|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Politics and Foreign Postings, Cicero Enters the Ring, 77-63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Cicero live in Sicily in Chapter 4?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Eight years.
2. When did the Plebs rebel against abuses of power?
(b) Every year.
(c) Every month.
3. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
(c) One battle.
(d) Two battles.
4. Which of the following was cited as a reason for the difficulty Rome had in managing its vast holdings?
(a) High communication costs.
(b) A lack of communication.
(c) Low communication costs.
(d) Interrupted communication.
5. What impressed Cicero about the potential of becoming an advocate in Chapter 2?
(a) The impact an advocate could have in the courtroom.
(b) The money a public speaker could make.
(c) The audience's reaction to an advocate.
(d) The fame and power of an effective public speaker on the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which types of teachers did Cicero study with during the time he was away from Rome?
2. How did Everitt refer to Cicero's decision to leave Rome?
3. Following a successful campaign for Quaestor, what position was Cicero given in Sicily?
4. Which subjects did Cicero study extensively as a young man?
5. Which year was Cicero born?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)