|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Politics and Foreign Postings, Cicero Enters the Ring, 77-63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years before Cicero was born did the crisis that would lead to the end of the Roman Republic begin?
(a) One hundred.
2. What did Cicero learn about from Diodotus?
(b) Pyrrhonian skepticism.
(d) Academic skepticism.
3. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
(a) It caused him to spend more time away from work.
(b) It caused him to rethink his work.
(c) It helped him financially.
(d) It helped him politically.
4. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
(a) About fifty miles.
(b) About ninety miles.
(c) About seventy miles.
(d) About seven miles.
5. Which year did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 3?
(a) 79 B.C.
(b) 80 B.C.
(c) 81 B.C.
(d) 78 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Cicero's defense of Roscius have such a big impact on his career?
2. With the ability to exercise sovereign power, how many Praetors were there in the Roman government?
3. Which of the following was established to represent the Plebs?
4. Why did the Senate become influential in the Roman government?
5. What helped Rome to win the War of Allies?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)