|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Politics and Foreign Postings, Cicero Enters the Ring, 77-63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
(a) To win their support for the Consulship.
(b) To help raise their wages.
(c) To help them get loans.
(d) To win their support for his writings.
2. What effect did Cicero's marriage to Terentia have on him?
(a) It caused him to spend more time away from work.
(b) It helped him politically.
(c) It caused him to rethink his work.
(d) It helped him financially.
3. How much was known about Cicero's mother, Helvia?
(a) A moderate amount.
(c) Little on some topics, a lot on others.
(d) A lot.
4. With the ability to exercise sovereign power, how many Praetors were there in the Roman government?
(a) Thirty two.
5. What is another way to describe the social class of the Patricians?
(a) Middle class.
(b) The lower and middle class combined.
(d) Lower class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What impressed Cicero about the potential of becoming an advocate in Chapter 2?
2. Why was the defeat of Verres significant?
3. How far away from Rome was Cicero born?
4. Although Cicero's exact reason for leaving Rome was not well known, what might have been a possibility?
5. What was absent from Rome that caused further troubles in managing their holdings?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)