|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Politics and Foreign Postings, Cicero Enters the Ring, 77-63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Cicero's birthday?
(a) January 3.
(b) February 23.
(c) February 3.
(d) January 23.
2. Although Cicero's exact reason for leaving Rome was not well known, what might have been a possibility?
(a) His writings.
(b) His health.
(c) His political ambitions.
(d) His financial situation.
3. Which year was Cicero born?
(a) 112 B.C.
(b) 102 B.C.
(c) 110 B.C.
(d) 106 B.C.
4. Why did Cicero's defense of Roscius have such a big impact on his career?
(a) The ending of his speech.
(b) The beginning of his speech.
(c) The oratorical structure of his speech.
(d) The place where his speech took place.
5. What nickname was Cicero given while studying certain subjects?
(a) The little rhetorician.
(b) The little Greek writer.
(c) The little Greek boy.
(d) The little author.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did normalcy return to Rome after winning the War of Allies?
2. Where was the town that Cicero was born located?
3. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
4. What impressed Cicero about the potential of becoming an advocate in Chapter 2?
5. Why was the defeat of Verres significant?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)