|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Philosophical Investigations, Thoughts on the Nature of Things, 46-44 B.C., Chapter 13, Why, This Is Violence!, Plots and Conspiracies, January—March 44 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the Forum did Everitt detail at length?
(a) Its landscape and buildings.
(b) Its buildings and modern replications of it.
(c) Its landscape, buildings, and modern replications of it.
(d) Its landscape and modern replications of it.
2. Which one of the following was not included in the list of things that Cicero focused on during the years after his exile?
(b) His private life.
3. When did Cicero begin studying law in Rome?
(a) 100 B.C.
(b) 85 B.C.
(c) 90 B.C.
(d) 95 B.C.
4. How did Caesar give his consent for Cicero's return from exile?
5. How was the Roman Constitution developed?
(a) In layers over time.
(b) It was only written once.
(c) With frequent rewrites.
(d) Through new versions every year at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who passed the bill that caused Cicero to go into exile?
2. What part of the Republic's modernization was the source of tension between Caesar and Pompey?
3. Which form of evidence did Cicero use to prove Catalina guilty?
4. What description was given of Caesar before he was killed?
5. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)