|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Philosophical Investigations, Thoughts on the Nature of Things, 46-44 B.C., Chapter 13, Why, This Is Violence!, Plots and Conspiracies, January—March 44 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What description was given of Caesar before he was killed?
(a) Optimistic, but unhealthy.
(b) Depressed and unhealthy.
(c) Depressed, but healthy.
(d) Optimistic and healthy.
2. According to the Roman government, when could dictators be appointed?
(a) With a vote in the Senate.
(b) During a war.
(c) With a vote from the people.
(d) During an emergency.
3. Where did Cicero lead a campaign while he was governing Cicilia?
4. What did Cicero defend in his book about oratory in Chapter 8?
(a) The practice of rhetoric.
(b) The origins of rhetoric.
(c) The future of rhetoric.
(d) The reasons of rhetoric.
5. Which political problems were at the source of the crisis for the Roman Empire?
(a) The economy and the changing role of the army.
(b) An agricultural crisis and the changing role of the army.
(c) An agricultural crisis only.
(d) An agricultural crisis and the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Cicero when he became Praetor in Chapter 4?
2. Who passed the bill that caused Cicero to go into exile?
3. According to Cicero in his speech to the Senators in Chapter 4, what did their reputation depend on?
4. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
5. Although trying to remain neutral, what did Cicero fear would happen no matter who gained control in Chapter 10?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)