|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Philosophical Investigations, Thoughts on the Nature of Things, 46-44 B.C., Chapter 13, Why, This Is Violence!, Plots and Conspiracies, January—March 44 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was cited as a reason for the difficulty Rome had in managing its vast holdings?
(a) Interrupted communication.
(b) High communication costs.
(c) A lack of communication.
(d) Low communication costs.
2. Which of the following was a main challenge that Cicero struggled with in Cicilia?
(b) Inventing new laws.
(d) The economy.
3. What was noteworthy about On Law?
(a) It was Cicero's only book with an Introduction.
(b) It was never finished.
(c) It was Cicero's longest book.
(d) It was Cicero's only book without an Introduction.
4. What was the main charge in the first Catilinarian conspiracy?
(c) Attempted murder.
5. Which month was Cicero's book about oratory released?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cicero initially protect himself from Clodius and his standing gang?
2. How long did Cicero plan to govern Cicilia?
3. How long did the Triumvirate use Cicero's skills as a lawyer?
4. Who talked Cicero into exposing Clodius' false alibi at the festival?
5. How many Quaestors were in the Roman government?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)