|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Politics and Foreign Postings, Cicero Enters the Ring, 77-63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another way to describe the social class of the Patricians?
(b) The lower and middle class combined.
(c) Middle class.
(d) Lower class.
2. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
(a) To help them get loans.
(b) To win their support for his writings.
(c) To help raise their wages.
(d) To win their support for the Consulship.
3. Which year did Cicero leave Rome in Chapter 3?
(a) 81 B.C.
(b) 79 B.C.
(c) 80 B.C.
(d) 78 B.C.
4. Why was the defeat of Verres significant?
(a) The verdict was made in less than an hour.
(b) The verdict was made in less than a day.
(c) It made a case for reforming the courts.
(d) It was the first guilty verdict made in the courts.
5. Which of the following was established to represent the Plebs?
(b) Advisory Committees.
(c) Advisory Boards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was Cicero when he started giving speeches?
2. What nickname was Cicero given while studying certain subjects?
3. What was absent from Rome that caused further troubles in managing their holdings?
4. Which of the following was cited as a reason for the difficulty Rome had in managing its vast holdings?
5. What helped Rome to win the War of Allies?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)