|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Politics and Foreign Postings, Cicero Enters the Ring, 77-63 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While defeating Verres in court, what did Cicero do to become more well-known?
(a) He ran several fundraisers.
(b) He ran local festivals.
(c) He gave weekly speeches.
(d) He wrote for the local newspaper.
2. How many inhabitants did Rome have in the First Century, B.C.?
(a) Over two million.
(b) Two million.
(c) Less than a million.
(d) Over a million.
3. When did normalcy return to Rome after winning the War of Allies?
(a) Twenty years later.
(b) Twenty five years later.
(c) Five years later.
(d) Ten years later.
4. What were the Quaestors mainly responsible for?
(a) Enforcing the laws.
(c) Overseeing elections.
(d) Informing the public.
5. How long did Cicero live in Sicily in Chapter 4?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years were there between when Cicero's daughter was married and the actual wedding?
2. According to Cicero in his speech to the Senators in Chapter 4, what did their reputation depend on?
3. With the ability to exercise sovereign power, how many Praetors were there in the Roman government?
4. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
5. What was absent from Rome that caused further troubles in managing their holdings?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)