|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Ideal Constitution, Writing about Politics, 55-43 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men that Catalina recruited began to leave after Cicero stopped the conspiracy?
(a) Fourteen thousand.
(b) Ten thousand.
(c) Eighteen thousand.
(d) Twenty thousand.
2. When did Pompey and Crassus serve as Consuls?
(a) 55 B.C.
(b) 52 B.C.
(d) 50 B.C.
3. When did Cicero begin studying law in Rome?
(a) 95 B.C.
(b) 100 B.C.
(c) 85 B.C.
(d) 90 B.C.
4. How did Clodius' supporters distract Cicero at Milo's trial?
(a) By asking a lot of questions.
(b) With an uproar.
(c) With signs.
(d) By laughing.
5. Which subjects did Cicero study extensively as a young man?
(a) Literature, philosophy, and rhetoric.
(b) Literature, rhetoric, and astronomy.
(c) Literature, philosophy, astronomy, and rhetoric.
(d) Literature, astronomy, and philosophy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years were there between when Cicero's daughter was married and the actual wedding?
2. What was Cicero's reputation when he began writing about politics?
3. When did Cicero begin to write about politics?
4. What was Rome's economy like when Cicero became Consul?
5. What was the main charge in the first Catilinarian conspiracy?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)