|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Ideal Constitution, Writing about Politics, 55-43 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was known about Cicero's mother, Helvia?
(a) Little on some topics, a lot on others.
(c) A lot.
(d) A moderate amount.
2. After quickly listing the crimes of Verres, how did Cicero build the case in his opening statement?
(a) By providing the evidence, explaining the crimes again, and asking for questions.
(b) By providing the evidence.
(c) By asking for questions.
(d) By explaining the crimes again.
3. How many men that Catalina recruited began to leave after Cicero stopped the conspiracy?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Twenty thousand.
(c) Fourteen thousand.
(d) Eighteen thousand.
4. Which month was Cicero's book about oratory released?
5. How was On the State received?
(a) It was popular but had little political impact.
(b) Not as many copies were available and it had little political impact.
(c) It was popular and had great political impact.
(d) Not as many copies were available, but it had great political impact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Cicero's books were written in dialogue form?
2. Which of the following was not included in Chapter 2 as a result of the Wart of Allies?
3. Which form of evidence did Cicero use to prove Catalina guilty?
4. After hearing about Catalina's plan, what did Cicero convince the Senate to do?
5. How did Verres react to the probability of defeat?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)