|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Ideal Constitution, Writing about Politics, 55-43 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Later in Cicero's life, when did he return to the villa in the countryside mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) During the preparations for political events.
(b) He stayed there most of the time.
(c) He visited there for significant occasions.
(d) During difficult times.
2. Which form of evidence did Cicero use to prove Catalina guilty?
(a) A previous case.
(c) A confession.
3. How many men that Catalina recruited began to leave after Cicero stopped the conspiracy?
(a) Ten thousand.
(b) Twenty thousand.
(c) Eighteen thousand.
(d) Fourteen thousand.
4. According to Cicero in On Law, when can oratory have a moral impact?
(a) When it is presented in certain situations.
(b) When it is expertly written.
(c) When it is used properly.
(d) When it is expertly spoken.
5. Which of the following was listed as a cause for the War of Allies?
(c) Two battles.
(d) One battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What small town was Cicero born in?
2. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
3. Why was the defeat of Verres significant?
4. How old was Cicero when the liquidations took place in Chapter 2?
5. When did Cicero begin to write about politics?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)