|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Ideal Constitution, Writing about Politics, 55-43 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero spend his time doing when he first returned from exile?
(a) Teaching people about the Constitution.
(b) Writing laws.
(c) Putting his finances back together.
(d) Writing speeches for other candidates.
2. What did Catalina do when Cicero gave a direct speech that exposed the conspiracy?
(a) Gathered an army and confronted Cicero.
(b) Confronted Cicero and then hid.
(c) Gathered an army and hid.
3. How much work did On the State require?
(a) A little in some areas, a lot in others.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) A lot.
(d) A moderate amount.
4. How did Verres react to the probability of defeat?
(a) He tried to bribe the Senate.
(b) He went into exile.
(c) He denied the charges.
(d) He laughed.
5. How was On the State received?
(a) Not as many copies were available, but it had great political impact.
(b) It was popular and had great political impact.
(c) It was popular but had little political impact.
(d) Not as many copies were available and it had little political impact.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the governing classes decide to back Cicero for Consul?
2. What was On the State written about?
3. What small town was Cicero born in?
4. Whose army did Cicero fight with in the War of Allies?
5. What nickname was Cicero given while studying certain subjects?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)