|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Pacifying Caesar, The Last Gasps of Republican Rome, 48-45 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following a successful campaign for Quaestor, what position was Cicero given in Sicily?
2. Where did Cicero retreat after the death of his daughter?
3. In which country did events set Pompey and Crassus against each other?
4. Who did Cicero represent in the case against Verres?
(a) The Committee.
(b) The Council.
(c) The Sicilians.
(d) The Senate.
5. How long did the Triumvirate use Cicero's skills as a lawyer?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Crassus killed in battle?
2. How long did it take before Cicero began to recover from his daughter's passing?
3. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
4. Which subject did Cicero teach when he returned to Rome?
5. When did the civil war in Chapter 11 end?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)