|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Pacifying Caesar, The Last Gasps of Republican Rome, 48-45 B.C..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Clodius' supporters distract Cicero at Milo's trial?
(a) With an uproar.
(b) By laughing.
(c) With signs.
(d) By asking a lot of questions.
2. Which subject did Cicero teach when he returned to Rome?
3. Why did Cicero use his victory in a famous case to flatter the lower classes in Chapter 4?
(a) To help raise their wages.
(b) To win their support for his writings.
(c) To win their support for the Consulship.
(d) To help them get loans.
4. Which one of the following was not included in the list of things that Cicero focused on during the years after his exile?
(d) His private life.
5. When did Cicero divorce Terentia?
(a) 48 B.C.
(b) 49 B.C.
(c) 47 B.C.
(d) 50 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero in his speech to the Senators in Chapter 4, what did their reputation depend on?
2. What was the book that Caesar dedicated to Cicero about?
3. How long were Cicero and Terentia married?
4. How did Caesar react to Pompey's murder?
5. How many years were there between when Cicero's daughter was married and the actual wedding?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)