|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Amakawaya Gihei load his merchandise in "Act Ten"?
2. How does Kudayu die?
3. Why does Yuranosuke explain to Moronao what he wants to do with him in "Act Eleven"?
4. In "Act Nine," what does Tonase point out about Yuranosuke's income?
5. How long does Yuranosuke say he wants Okaru to act as his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Moronao is beheaded?
2. Why doesn't Okaru leave with Ichinomiya in "Act Six"?
3. How does Kampei die?
4. What does Yuranosuke tell Moronao when he finds him in "Act Eleven"?
5. In "Act Nine," why does Oishi say the wedding between Konami and Rikiya is off?
6. How does Yuranosuke act foolishly in "Act Seven"?
7. What does Oishi reveal at the end of "Act Nine"?
8. Why does Okaru ask to kill herself in "Act Seven"?
9. How does Amakawaya Gihei respond to being tricked by Yuranosuke?
10. How does Moronao act shortly before his house is stormed by Yuranosuke's samurai?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the symbolism used in the ceremonies in this drama. Define symbolism in your discussion and give examples of several ceremonies to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of loyalty in this drama. How is loyalty defined? What role does is play in developing the characters and the plot? Give examples of loyalty and the lack thereof in the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is author's message about honor? How does this theme influence the play? Define theme and give specific examples of honor from the play.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)