|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kampei sign his contract with Goemon?
2. What does Okaru's mother do at the end of "Act Six"?
3. What does Amakawaya Gihei tell his wife has been difficult since she left?
4. Where does Yuranosuke say snow is best preserved?
5. In "Act Eleven," why is Moronao calm?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Act Nine," why does Oishi say the wedding between Konami and Rikiya is off?
2. What happens when neighboring samurai appear in "Act Eleven"?
3. Why do the police show up at Amakawaya Gihei's house?
4. What does Moronao do when the samurai enter his mansion in "Act Eleven"?
5. In "Act Six," how does Okaru try to help her husband?
6. How is Kampei redeemed in the murder of Okaru's father?
7. How does Amakawaya Gihei help the revenge plot?
8. Why does Heiemon wish to meet with Yuranosuke in "Act Seven"?
9. How does Moronao act shortly before his house is stormed by Yuranosuke's samurai?
10. Why does Okaru ask to kill herself in "Act Seven"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Kaoyo's romantic relationships to those of Konami's. What is revealed about this society through these relationships?
Essay Topic 2
What is Kampei's role in this play? Consider his impact on the plot, the characters and exploration of major themes.
Essay Topic 3
How is loss a theme in this drama? What message about loss is presented? Define theme and give examples of loss from the play.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)