|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kampei beg Senzaki Yagoro for in "Act Five"?
2. In "Act Three," how does Moronao greet Lord Hangan?
3. Who tells rumors about Yasuchika's humiliation in "Act Two"?
4. How does Kakogawa Honzo Yukikuni feel about the rumors about Yasuchika in "Act Two"?
5. How does Moronao feel when Honzo gives him gifts in "Act Three"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Honzo first ask to meet Moronao in "Act Three"?
2. What does Tonase do when instructed to receive a messenger?
3. Why does Nitta Yoshisada's helmet cause a scandal in "Act One"?
4. How does Lord Wakasanosuke's attitude toward Moronao change in "Act Three"?
5. How does Kampai react to his master's fight in "Act Three"?
6. What happens do Hangan's property immediately after his death?
7. How does Kaoyo prove Nitta Yoshisada's helmet is authentic?
8. In "Act One," what argument do Yasuchika and Moronao get into?
9. What happens to Kampei while he hunts for food in "Act Five"?
10. How does Hangan react to the order that he must commit seppuku?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the author's message about justice? Give examples from the book to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
How is loss a theme in this drama? What message about loss is presented? Define theme and give examples of loss from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is Kampei's role in this play? Consider his impact on the plot, the characters and exploration of major themes.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)