|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Honzo do while giving gifts to Moronao in "Act Three"?
2. In "Act Three," why does Hangan become angry with Moronao?
3. Why does someone want Lord Hangan to have a letterbox in "Act Three"?
4. In "Act One," why is Moronao able to abuse Yasuchika?
5. How does Hangan greet the shoguns in "Act Four"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kudayu tested in "Act Four"?
2. What rumors spread in "Act Two"?
3. What does Lord Takauji do in "Act One"?
4. What happens do Hangan's property immediately after his death?
5. What happens to Kampei while he hunts for food in "Act Five"?
6. In "Act One," what argument do Yasuchika and Moronao get into?
7. What makes Kampei feel blessed in "Act Five"?
8. In "Act Four," what is Hara Goemon's opinion of Hangan's problem with Moronao?
9. What happens when Rikiya and Konami meet in "Act Two"?
10. How does Honzo feel about meeting with Yasuchika's wife in "Act Two"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the gender roles of this play. Choose two female characters who break their roles and assess the impact. Discuss gender roles and use examples from the play to support your discussion.
Essay Topic 2
Describe how the society of feudal Japan influences the plot of this drama. Use secondary sources as necessary to discuss feudal Japan.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Kaoyo's romantic relationships to those of Konami's. What is revealed about this society through these relationships?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)