|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Honzo beg for pity in "Act Nine"?
(a) So Oishi will help him up.
(b) For his soul.
(c) So Rikiya will stop hitting him.
(d) For his daughter's sake.
2. How does Amakawaya Gihei say he is working to help protect the samurai in "Act Ten"?
(a) He trades only with samurai.
(b) He fired employees.
(c) He started using black boxes.
(d) He uses a code.
3. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law want him to divorce his daughter?
(a) Someone else asked to marry his daughter.
(b) He thinks Amakawaya Gihei is a thief.
(c) He's tired of paying her way.
(d) He thinks his status is too low.
4. Why does Oishi agree to let Konami and Rikiya wed?
(a) Because of Konami's chastity.
(b) Because she signed a contract.
(c) Because of a bribe.
(d) Because she fears her husband.
5. What merchandise does Amakawaya Gihei have that interests Rikiya?
(c) Gold bars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law say after the divorce papers are signed?
2. How does Amakawaya Gihei feel after being tricked by Yuranosuke in "Act Ten"?
3. Who sends Yuranosuke a letter in "Act Seven"?
4. How many groups do the samurai break into in "Act Eleven"?
5. Why won't Amakawaya Gihei let his wife see their son during her visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Moronao is beheaded?
2. How does Amakawaya Gihei help the revenge plot?
3. What does Oishi reveal at the end of "Act Nine"?
4. What does Yuranosuke tell Moronao when he finds him in "Act Eleven"?
5. Why does Kudayu hide out in Yuranosuke's room?
6. Why does Heiemon wish to meet with Yuranosuke in "Act Seven"?
7. What is the truth behind the police in "Act Ten"?
8. Why does Okaru ask to kill herself in "Act Seven"?
9. Why does Goemon refuse to let Kampei help with the monument in "Act Six"?
10. Why does Kampei fear he may have killed Okaru's father?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)