|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tonase resolve to kill herself?
(a) Her daughter refusing to marry anyone else.
(b) Her husband's loss of money.
(c) Oishi's accusations.
(d) Rikiya's rejection of her sword.
2. At the end of "Act Nine," what does Oishi tell Konami she was trying to do the whole time?
(a) Insult her.
(b) Protect her.
(c) Trick her.
(d) Impress her.
3. What does Amakawaya Gihei tell his wife has been difficult since she left?
(a) Keeping their secret.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Taking care of his son.
(d) Making money.
4. What does Yuranosuke compare Amakawaya Gihei to?
(a) A criminal master mind.
(b) A millionaire.
(c) A samurai.
(d) A shogun.
5. How does Amakawaya Gihei feel after being tricked by Yuranosuke in "Act Ten"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Act Seven," why do the samurai decide to kill Yuranosuke?
2. How does the author describe the samurai who storm Moronao's mansion in "Act Eleven"?
3. What merchandise does Amakawaya Gihei have that interests Rikiya?
4. Where does Moronao hide when Yuranosuke's men attack his mansion?
5. What does Yuranosuke say he wants Kudayu to do with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moronao act shortly before his house is stormed by Yuranosuke's samurai?
2. How does Yuranosuke help Amakawaya Gihei's wife?
3. How is Kampei redeemed in the murder of Okaru's father?
4. What happens when neighboring samurai appear in "Act Eleven"?
5. What does Moronao do when the samurai enter his mansion in "Act Eleven"?
6. How do Yuranosuke's men get inside Moronao's mansion?
7. Why does Heiemon wish to meet with Yuranosuke in "Act Seven"?
8. What does Heiemon tell Okaru in "Act Seven"?
9. How does Kampei die?
10. What happens after Moronao is beheaded?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)