|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Act Nine," when does Tonase claim Konami and Rikiya married?
(a) At the moment of their births.
(b) A week prior.
(c) When they become engaged.
(d) Before Honzo left town.
2. What does Honzo give Rikiya as a gift in "Act Nine"?
(a) A pair of shoes.
(b) A watch.
(c) A sword.
(d) A map.
3. What does Kampei do when Okaru's mother forgives him in "Act Six"?
(a) Yells at her.
(b) Continues to perform seppuku.
(c) Pulls the knife out of himself.
(d) Leaves the house.
4. What does Oishi attack Honzo with?
(a) A lance.
(b) A chair.
(c) A daggar.
(d) A gun.
5. How does Amakawaya Gihei say he is working to help protect the samurai in "Act Ten"?
(a) He uses a code.
(b) He started using black boxes.
(c) He fired employees.
(d) He trades only with samurai.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Amakawaya Gihei feel after being tricked by Yuranosuke in "Act Ten"?
2. What does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law say after the divorce papers are signed?
3. Why does Oishi agree to let Konami and Rikiya wed?
4. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law want him to divorce his daughter?
5. Why does Tonase show her husband's sword to Rikiya's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kampei fear he may have killed Okaru's father?
2. What is Honzo's response to the engagement in "Act Nine"?
3. How does Amakawaya Gihei respond to being tricked by Yuranosuke?
4. What is the truth behind the police in "Act Ten"?
5. How does Yuranosuke help Amakawaya Gihei's wife?
6. Why doesn't Okaru leave with Ichinomiya in "Act Six"?
7. Why does Amakawaya Gihei give his wife divorce papers?
8. In "Act Six," how does Okaru try to help her husband?
9. Why does Kudayu hide out in Yuranosuke's room?
10. What does Okaru say about the letter from Kaoyo in "Act Seven"?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)