|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Act Nine," who does Honzo disguise himself as?
(a) A child.
(b) A priest.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A merchant.
2. What does Rikiya do when he sees Honzo and his mother fighting in "Act Nine"?
(a) He holds his mother back.
(b) He calls his father.
(c) He stabs Honzo.
(d) He slaps Konase.
3. How does Amakawaya Gihei say he is working to help protect the samurai in "Act Ten"?
(a) He trades only with samurai.
(b) He uses a code.
(c) He started using black boxes.
(d) He fired employees.
4. What does Kampei tell Okaru before Ichinomiya takes her away?
(a) That he found a lot of money.
(b) That she is still honorable.
(c) That he can never forgive her.
(d) That he saw her father earlier.
5. What role does Heiemon say he played in Hangan's court?
(a) A lord.
(b) A courier.
(c) A samurai in training.
(d) An entertainer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuranosuke say he wants Kudayu to do with him?
2. What does Amakawaya Gihei's wife return to him in "Act Ten"?
3. Why does Amakawaya Gihei try to choke his own son?
4. How does Kampei sign his contract with Goemon?
5. Why does Goemon finally ask Kampei to join their league of vengeance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the police show up at Amakawaya Gihei's house?
2. What happens when Oishi attacks Honzo?
3. Why does Kudayu hide out in Yuranosuke's room?
4. How do Yuranosuke's men get inside Moronao's mansion?
5. How does Amakawaya Gihei help the revenge plot?
6. What is the truth behind the police in "Act Ten"?
7. Why does Amakawaya Gihei give his wife divorce papers?
8. What does Yuranosuke tell Moronao when he finds him in "Act Eleven"?
9. In "Act Six," how does Okaru try to help her husband?
10. Why doesn't Okaru leave with Ichinomiya in "Act Six"?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)