|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Hangan's body taken after his death?
(a) To his family burial ground.
(b) To the temple.
(c) To his mother's house.
(d) To the backyard.
2. In "Act Three," why does Hangan become angry with Moronao?
(a) Because he is in a bad mood.
(b) Because Moronao makes an advance on his wife.
(c) Because Moronao treats him badly.
(d) Because Moronao lies to him.
3. In "Act Four," what type of outcome between Hangan and Moronao does Goemon expect?
(a) A confusing one.
(b) A violent one.
(c) A positive one.
(d) No outcome.
4. How does Yasuchika know about Moronao and Kaoyo in "Act One"?
(a) He sees Kaoyo crying.
(b) Kaoyo tells him.
(c) Moronao tells him.
(d) Moronao asks him for advice.
5. Who meets Obashi Rikiya in "Act Two"?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaoyo feel about the advances Moronao makes on her?
2. How does Kakogawa Honzo Yukikuni describe Yashuchki's wife's questions in "Act Two"?
3. What type of shogun is Lord Takauji?
4. Who tells rumors about Yasuchika's humiliation in "Act Two"?
5. What is seppuku?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Kampei feel blessed in "Act Five"?
2. What happens to Kampei while he hunts for food in "Act Five"?
3. How does Yakushiji treat Hangan when he comes to his house in "Act Four"?
4. What rumors spread in "Act Two"?
5. How does Honzo feel about meeting with Yasuchika's wife in "Act Two"?
6. In "Act Three," how does the letterbox make its way to Moronao?
7. Why does Nitta Yoshisada's helmet cause a scandal in "Act One"?
8. Why does Honzo first ask to meet Moronao in "Act Three"?
9. In "Act Four," what is Hara Goemon's opinion of Hangan's problem with Moronao?
10. What does Tonase do when instructed to receive a messenger?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)