|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Act Nine," what does Oishi tell Konami she was trying to do the whole time?
(a) Protect her.
(b) Insult her.
(c) Trick her.
(d) Impress her.
2. How do Yuranosuke's men get to Moronao's main gate?
(a) They have to climb a wall.
(b) They have to sneak through shadows.
(c) They have to cross a moat.
(d) They have to fight guards.
3. What does Kudayu accuse Yuranosuke of doing in "Act Seven"?
(a) Planning on killing samurai.
(b) Rejecting his family.
(c) Losing his honor.
(d) Pretending to be drunk.
4. Who brings Okaru's father's body back to the family?
5. What does Okaru's mother scream while she blames Kampei for her husband's death?
(a) That she wants to die.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) That she will have revenge.
(d) That she will curse him.
6. Where does Amakawaya Gihei tell his wife to go when she visits him in "Act Ten"?
(a) To her sister.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To the city.
(d) To her father.
7. In "Act Nine," what does Tonase point out about Yuranosuke's income?
(a) It is always kept secret.
(b) It is steadily growing.
(c) It is not enough to support a family.
(d) It is comparable to her husband's.
8. What does Yuranosuke learn from his son in "Act Seven"?
(a) About current events in China.
(b) About his foolish behavior.
(c) About financial support.
(d) About Moronao's movements.
9. In "Act Eleven," why is Moronao calm?
(a) He has been drinking.
(b) He hired an army to protect his mansion.
(c) He heard Yuranosuke was powerless.
(d) His servants told him not to worry.
10. What does Honzo call Oishi in "Act Nine"?
(a) A hussy.
(b) A monger.
(c) A child.
(d) A fool.
11. Why does Kampei stab himself?
(a) He was trying to stab someone else.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is forced to do it.
(d) He is full of guilt.
12. Why does Goemon reject Kampei's offer to help build the monument to Hangan in "Act Six"?
(a) Because he can't keep a secret.
(b) Because he is poor.
(c) Because he was faithless.
(d) Because his money is stolen.
13. How many groups do the samurai break into in "Act Eleven"?
(a) They stay together as one group.
(b) Four groups.
(c) Two groups.
(d) Three groups.
14. What does Yuranosuke tell the neighboring samurai about the shogun?
(a) They are after him next.
(b) They are on his side.
(c) They need to know where he is.
(d) They won't hurt him.
15. What do the samurai use to get through Moronao's shutters?
(b) Bamboo bows.
(d) Long swords.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends up with the wallet Kampei found on the thief?
2. In "Act Nine," when does Tonase claim Konami and Rikiya married?
3. What role does Heiemon say he played in Hangan's court?
4. How long does Yuranosuke say he wants Okaru to act as his wife?
5. Who sends Yuranosuke a letter in "Act Seven"?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)