|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighboring samurai in "Act Eleven" praise?
(a) Moronao's wealth.
(b) The skills of the fighting samurai.
(c) Yuranosuke's loyalty.
(d) The shogun's promise.
2. What does Okaru's mother scream while she blames Kampei for her husband's death?
(a) That she will curse him.
(b) That she is sorry.
(c) That she wants to die.
(d) That she will have revenge.
3. What does Oishi attack Honzo with?
(a) A lance.
(b) A gun.
(c) A daggar.
(d) A chair.
4. Why does Oishi agree to let Konami and Rikiya wed?
(a) Because she signed a contract.
(b) Because of Konami's chastity.
(c) Because of a bribe.
(d) Because she fears her husband.
5. What does Amakawaya Gihei offer the samurai in "Act Ten"?
6. How does the author describe the samurai who storm Moronao's mansion in "Act Eleven"?
(a) By age.
(b) By name.
(c) By clothing color.
(d) By heritage.
7. What makes the police stop threatening Amakawaya Gihei?
(a) When his son cries out.
(b) When Yuranosuke appears.
(c) When they get another call.
(d) When he confesses.
8. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's wife question the servants?
(a) Because she wants to know about the revenge plan.
(b) Because she wants her husband back.
(c) Because he wants to find the hidden money.
(d) Because she wants to see her son.
9. Why does Amakawaya Gihei try to choke his own son?
(a) Because his wife tried to take him.
(b) To prove his point to the police.
(c) Because his son insulted him.
(d) To scare his son into saying quiet.
10. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law want him to divorce his daughter?
(a) Someone else asked to marry his daughter.
(b) He thinks Amakawaya Gihei is a thief.
(c) He thinks his status is too low.
(d) He's tired of paying her way.
11. In "Act Nine," who does Honzo disguise himself as?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A child.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A priest.
12. What does Honzo call Oishi in "Act Nine"?
(a) A fool.
(b) A child.
(c) A hussy.
(d) A monger.
13. What makes Tonase resolve to kill herself?
(a) Rikiya's rejection of her sword.
(b) Her husband's loss of money.
(c) Oishi's accusations.
(d) Her daughter refusing to marry anyone else.
14. What makes Oishi call Honzo a "sycophant samurai"?
(a) Because he is talked about often.
(b) Because he bribed a man.
(c) Because he ran from a fight.
(d) Because he is disloyal.
15. What is stolen from Amakawaya Gihei's wife in "Act Ten"?
(a) Her coat.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her purse.
(d) Her jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goemon reject Kampei's offer to help build the monument to Hangan in "Act Six"?
2. At the end of "Act Nine," what does Oishi tell Konami she was trying to do the whole time?
3. What does Yuranosuke say he wants Kudayu to do with him?
4. What merchandise does Amakawaya Gihei have that interests Rikiya?
5. In "Act Nine," what does Tonase point out about Yuranosuke's income?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)