|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heiemon try to kill Okaru in "Act Seven"?
(a) For trying to kill a man.
(b) For giving away her life.
(c) Because he is drunk.
(d) For killing her father.
2. Who sends Yuranosuke a letter in "Act Seven"?
3. In "Act Six," what does Kampei say is strange about the wallet he found?
(a) The size of it.
(b) The poem hidden inside.
(c) The type of money inside.
(d) The pattern on the fabric.
4. Why does Heiemon want to join the samurai in "Act Seven"?
(a) To find a better job.
(b) To avenge Hangan's death.
(c) To meet a woman.
(d) To make new friends.
5. In "Act Nine," who does Honzo disguise himself as?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A child.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A priest.
6. Why do samurai from a neighboring town show up at Moronao's mansion?
(a) They were passing by.
(b) They heard the fight.
(c) They want to join the league.
(d) Moronao called them.
7. What does Amakawaya Gihei tell his wife has been difficult since she left?
(a) Falling asleep.
(b) Taking care of his son.
(c) Keeping their secret.
(d) Making money.
8. What does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law say after the divorce papers are signed?
(a) That he wins the war.
(b) That Amakawaya Gihei is a fool.
(c) That he's sorry.
(d) That he'll remarry his daughter.
9. What makes Oishi call Honzo a "sycophant samurai"?
(a) Because he bribed a man.
(b) Because he is talked about often.
(c) Because he ran from a fight.
(d) Because he is disloyal.
10. How does Amakawaya Gihei say he is working to help protect the samurai in "Act Ten"?
(a) He fired employees.
(b) He started using black boxes.
(c) He uses a code.
(d) He trades only with samurai.
11. What does Kampei do when Okaru's mother forgives him in "Act Six"?
(a) Pulls the knife out of himself.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Yells at her.
(d) Continues to perform seppuku.
12. What does Okaru's mother do at the end of "Act Six"?
(b) Try to find her daughter.
(d) Call for help.
13. In "Act Eleven," why is Moronao calm?
(a) He has been drinking.
(b) His servants told him not to worry.
(c) He heard Yuranosuke was powerless.
(d) He hired an army to protect his mansion.
14. What do the neighboring samurai in "Act Eleven" praise?
(a) Yuranosuke's loyalty.
(b) The skills of the fighting samurai.
(c) The shogun's promise.
(d) Moronao's wealth.
15. Who does Okaru say she must wait for before she will leave with Ichinomiya?
(a) His wife.
(b) No one will make her leave with him.
(c) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law want him to divorce his daughter?
2. What does Yuranosuke hear when his men get inside the mansion?
3. In "Act Nine," what does Yuranosuke predict will happen during his revenge plan?
4. Who brings Okaru's father's body back to the family?
5. What does Yuranosuke say he plans on doing to Moronao in "Act Eleven"?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)