|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kudayu shocked by Yuranosuke's behavior in "Act Seven"?
(a) He tore his ceremonial robes.
(b) He has been drinking for days.
(c) He makes fun of his superiors.
(d) He is eating on a death anniversary.
2. Why does Oishi agree to let Konami and Rikiya wed?
(a) Because she fears her husband.
(b) Because of a bribe.
(c) Because she signed a contract.
(d) Because of Konami's chastity.
3. Where does Kudayu hide to listen in on Heiemon and Okaru's conversation?
(a) Under the mats.
(b) Outside the window.
(c) Behind a door.
(d) Inside a crate.
4. What makes Oishi call Honzo a "sycophant samurai"?
(a) Because he bribed a man.
(b) Because he is talked about often.
(c) Because he is disloyal.
(d) Because he ran from a fight.
5. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's father-in-law want him to divorce his daughter?
(a) He thinks Amakawaya Gihei is a thief.
(b) He's tired of paying her way.
(c) Someone else asked to marry his daughter.
(d) He thinks his status is too low.
6. What does Honzo give Rikiya as a gift in "Act Nine"?
(a) A sword.
(b) A map.
(c) A pair of shoes.
(d) A watch.
7. Why does Kampei stab himself?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is full of guilt.
(c) He was trying to stab someone else.
(d) He is forced to do it.
8. How does the author describe the samurai who storm Moronao's mansion in "Act Eleven"?
(a) By age.
(b) By clothing color.
(c) By heritage.
(d) By name.
9. Why does Honzo beg for pity in "Act Nine"?
(a) So Oishi will help him up.
(b) So Rikiya will stop hitting him.
(c) For his daughter's sake.
(d) For his soul.
10. What does Amakawaya Gihei tell his wife has been difficult since she left?
(a) Making money.
(b) Keeping their secret.
(c) Taking care of his son.
(d) Falling asleep.
11. How does Kampei describe Okaru's mother's yelling to Goemon and Yagoro in "Act Six"?
(a) As something that needs samurai help.
(b) As a domestic matter.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As a sign of insanity.
12. What does Okaru's mother scream while she blames Kampei for her husband's death?
(a) That she is sorry.
(b) That she will have revenge.
(c) That she will curse him.
(d) That she wants to die.
13. How does Kampei sign his contract with Goemon?
(a) Okaru does it for him.
(b) With blood.
(c) With a stick in the dirt.
(d) With his broken hand.
14. How does Amakawaya Gihei feel after being tricked by Yuranosuke in "Act Ten"?
15. How long does Yuranosuke say he wants Okaru to act as his wife?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Okaru's mother do at the end of "Act Six"?
2. In "Act Seven," how do Kudayu and Bannai plan on sobering up Yuranosuke?
3. Why does Amakawaya Gihei's wife question the servants?
4. Where does Yuranosuke come up with the passwords he teaches the samurai?
5. What does Yuranosuke say he plans on doing to Moronao in "Act Eleven"?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)