|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Kakogawa Honzo Yukikuni have?
(a) Master colonel.
(b) Shogun supervisor.
(c) Lord of the manor.
(d) Chief retainer.
2. In "Act Three," how does Moronao greet Lord Hangan?
(a) He ignores Hangan when he arrives.
(b) He yells at him.
(c) He gives him a gift.
(d) He shakes his hand.
3. How does Yasuchika know about Moronao and Kaoyo in "Act One"?
(a) Kaoyo tells him.
(b) Moronao tells him.
(c) Moronao asks him for advice.
(d) He sees Kaoyo crying.
4. Who does Moronao arrive with at Tadayoshi in "Act Three"?
(a) A retainer.
(b) A lady.
(c) A lord.
(d) A shogun.
5. What does Kampei beg Senzaki Yagoro for in "Act Five"?
(a) To help him regain his honor in the city.
(b) To seek revenge against Moronao.
(c) To help him find a new job.
(d) To lend him money.
6. Why does Kampei cry when he sees Senzaki Yagoro in "Act Five"?
(a) Because he is poor.
(b) Because he didn't help Hangan.
(c) Because he wronged Senzaki Yagoro.
(d) Because he has been sent away from his house.
7. Why does someone want Lord Hangan to have a letterbox in "Act Three"?
(a) So he can give it to Moronao.
(b) So he feels honored.
(c) So he can give it to Kaoyo.
(d) So he can use it in his office.
8. Where does Hangan injure Moronao in "Act Three"?
(a) The leg.
(b) The back.
(c) The forehead.
(d) The arm.
9. Why doesn't Rikiya kiss Konami in "Act Two"?
(a) He says he follows the rules.
(b) She pushes him away.
(c) He isn't interested in her.
(d) She is socially beneath him.
10. In "Act Two," why does Konami say she is grateful toward her mother?
(a) For introducing her to royalty.
(b) For helping her meet her betrothed.
(c) For lending her money.
(d) For helping her spread rumors.
11. What does Ishido say will happen to Lord Hangan's lands?
(a) Land will be added.
(b) They will have to take on new servants.
(c) The land will be taken.
(d) The land will be traded.
12. In "Act Two," what does Honzo promise to Lord Wakasanosuke?
(a) To fight hard.
(b) To lend money.
(c) To keep a secret.
(d) To do as told.
13. Who meets Obashi Rikiya in "Act Two"?
14. How does Honzo react to Lord Wakasanosuke's plans to kill Moronao?
(a) He is offended.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is indifferent.
15. Where is Hangan's body taken after his death?
(a) To his family burial ground.
(b) To the temple.
(c) To the backyard.
(d) To his mother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Yakushiji harsh toward Hangan when he first meets him?
2. Why doesn't Konami tell Lord Wakasanosuke what Rikiya tells her?
3. In "Act Four," what does Hangan say he regrets?
4. What does Hangan's samurai talk about after Hangan's death?
5. Why does Kampei allow someone else to hold his rifle in "Act Five"?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)