|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kakogawa Honzo Yukikuni describe Yashuchki's wife's questions in "Act Two"?
(a) Philosophically dangerous.
(b) Socially dangerous.
(c) Physically dangerous.
(d) Not dangerous.
2. What does Kampei do when he sees the samurai walking in "Act Five"?
(a) Tries to flag him down.
(b) Hides in the bushes.
(c) Challenges him to a fight.
(d) Ignores him as they pass each other.
3. Why is Yakushiji harsh toward Hangan when he first meets him?
(a) Because he is friends with Moronao.
(b) Because he doesn't like dealing with arguments.
(c) Because he thinks Hangan is rude.
(d) Because he is drunk.
4. What message does Rikiya tell Konami in "Act Two"?
(a) The state of local prisoners.
(b) Rumors he heard.
(c) His new job description.
(d) Directions for a celebration.
5. In "Act Four," what does Kaoyo say is the root of the problems with Moronao?
(a) His attempt to win her over.
(b) His waste of money.
(c) His honor.
(d) His pride.
6. What is seppuku?
(a) Giving up one's wife.
(b) Dying for a wrong.
(c) Giving up one's money.
(d) Paying a fine for a crime.
7. What does Lord Wakasanosuke tell Honzo will probably happen if he kills Moronao?
(a) He'll have to forfeit his house.
(b) He'll have to move.
(c) He'll have to go to jail.
(d) He'll have to pay Moronao's family off.
8. Who oversees Lord Takauji's celebration of the new temple?
(a) The mayor of his town.
(b) His wife.
(c) His younger brother.
(d) His cousin.
9. Why does Bannai harass Kampei's wife?
(a) Because Kampei is gone.
(b) Because Moronao forces him.
(c) Because he thinks she is someone else.
(d) Because he was bribed too.
10. What does Honzo do while giving gifts to Moronao in "Act Three"?
(a) Asks for them back.
(b) Says the gifts are cheap.
(c) Praises him.
(d) Walks away.
11. In "Act Two," why does Konami say she is grateful toward her mother?
(a) For helping her meet her betrothed.
(b) For lending her money.
(c) For helping her spread rumors.
(d) For introducing her to royalty.
12. Who meets Obashi Rikiya in "Act Two"?
13. In "Act One," why is Moronao able to abuse Yasuchika?
(a) Because he is his superior.
(b) Because he is stronger.
(c) Because he is braver.
(d) Because Yasuchika is tired.
14. In "Act Five," what is Ono Sadakuro new role?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A fortune teller.
(c) A thief.
(d) A prophet.
15. What does Hangan's samurai talk about after Hangan's death?
(a) His new role.
(b) His need for a new job.
(c) His sorrow.
(d) His master's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kampei think when Senzaki Yagoro tells him about raising money?
2. Where does Hangan injure Moronao in "Act Three"?
3. Where is the temple that Lord Takauji builds in "Act One"?
4. What is the first thing Yakushiji demands after Hangan dies?
5. Why does someone want Lord Hangan to have a letterbox in "Act Three"?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)