|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ono Sadakuro die?
(a) From poison.
(b) From being stabbed.
(c) From a gunshot.
(d) From old age.
2. Why does someone want Lord Hangan to have a letterbox in "Act Three"?
(a) So he can give it to Kaoyo.
(b) So he can use it in his office.
(c) So he feels honored.
(d) So he can give it to Moronao.
3. In "Act Five," what does the old man tell Ono Sadakuro about his money?
(a) He found it behind the temple.
(b) He stole it from someone.
(c) He got it from selling his daughter.
(d) It is his life savings.
4. Where is Hangan's body taken after his death?
(a) To the backyard.
(b) To his family burial ground.
(c) To his mother's house.
(d) To the temple.
5. What does Lord Wakasanosuke tell Honzo will probably happen if he kills Moronao?
(a) He'll have to forfeit his house.
(b) He'll have to pay Moronao's family off.
(c) He'll have to go to jail.
(d) He'll have to move.
6. What does Kudayu want to do with Hangan's assets?
(a) Hand them over.
(b) Split them.
(c) Hide them.
(d) Take them for himself.
7. Who restrains Hangan when he attacks Moronao in "Act Three"?
(a) An unnamed lord.
(d) No one.
8. In "Act Five," what is wrong with Kampei's rifle fuse?
(a) It is broken.
(b) It is missing.
(c) It is old.
(d) It is wet.
9. What happens when Ishido tells Yakushiji to be respectful in "Act Four"?
(a) He storms out in a fit of rage.
(b) He begins to loot the house.
(c) He slaps Ishido.
(d) He burns the house down.
10. Why does Kaoyo tell her husband about Moronao after he tries to win her over the first time?
(a) Moronao threatens her to keep it secret.
(b) She fears her husband.
(c) She likes Moronao.
(d) Her husband is out of town.
11. In "Act Two," why does Konami say she is grateful toward her mother?
(a) For helping her spread rumors.
(b) For introducing her to royalty.
(c) For helping her meet her betrothed.
(d) For lending her money.
12. Why do the lords gather at Tadayoshi in "Act Three"?
(a) To hold a meeting.
(b) As part of a celebration.
(c) To stand trial.
(d) To interview for new jobs.
13. In "Act One," how does Moronao question Yasuchika honor?
(a) He questions his honor as a husband.
(b) He questions his honor as a shogun.
(c) He questions his honor as a banker.
(d) He questions his honor as a samurai.
14. How does Kakogawa Honzo Yukikuni describe Yashuchki's wife's questions in "Act Two"?
(a) Physically dangerous.
(b) Philosophically dangerous.
(c) Not dangerous.
(d) Socially dangerous.
15. Who does Senzaki Yagoro say is helping him raise money?
(a) The shogun council.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kudayu say Goemon could have avoided the disaster between Moronao and Hangan?
2. What does Hangan's samurai talk about after Hangan's death?
3. Who meets Obashi Rikiya in "Act Two"?
4. In "Act Five," what is Ono Sadakuro new role?
5. Who tells rumors about Yasuchika's humiliation in "Act Two"?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)