|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Act Two," what does Honzo promise to Lord Wakasanosuke?
(a) To do as told.
(b) To lend money.
(c) To keep a secret.
(d) To fight hard.
2. Who does Moronao arrive with at Tadayoshi in "Act Three"?
(a) A lady.
(b) A retainer.
(c) A lord.
(d) A shogun.
3. What does Kudayu want to do with Hangan's assets?
(a) Hand them over.
(b) Hide them.
(c) Take them for himself.
(d) Split them.
4. What does Hangan stab himself with in "Act Four"?
(a) A daggar.
(b) A sai.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
5. Who begs to see Hangan before his death?
(a) His shogun.
(b) His wife.
(c) His retainers.
(d) His samurai.
6. Who does Senzaki Yagoro say is helping him raise money?
(c) The shogun council.
(d) No one.
7. What does Senzaki Yagoro say about the plan to avenge Hangan's death?
(a) He denies it.
(b) He says they need help.
(c) He refuses to talk about it.
(d) He says it has been postponed.
8. Why does Kaoyo tell her husband about Moronao after he tries to win her over the first time?
(a) Moronao threatens her to keep it secret.
(b) She likes Moronao.
(c) Her husband is out of town.
(d) She fears her husband.
9. In "Act Two," who does Kakogawa Honzo Yukikuni say should shield him from having to answer dangerous questions?
(a) His lord.
(c) His wife.
(d) His daughter.
10. What is seppuku?
(a) Paying a fine for a crime.
(b) Giving up one's wife.
(c) Giving up one's money.
(d) Dying for a wrong.
11. Who restrains Hangan when he attacks Moronao in "Act Three"?
(a) An unnamed lord.
(b) No one.
12. What type of shogun is Lord Takauji?
13. Why do the lords gather at Tadayoshi in "Act Three"?
(a) As part of a celebration.
(b) To interview for new jobs.
(c) To hold a meeting.
(d) To stand trial.
14. Who tells rumors about Yasuchika's humiliation in "Act Two"?
(c) Several shoguns.
(d) Yasuchika's servants.
15. What does Moronao insult Yasuchika about in "Act One"?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His education.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Nitta Yoshisada known for burning in his helmet?
2. In "Act Three," why does Hangan become angry with Moronao?
3. How does Honzo react to Lord Wakasanosuke's plans to kill Moronao?
4. Why does someone want Lord Hangan to have a letterbox in "Act Three"?
5. In "Act Two," why does Konami say she is grateful toward her mother?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)