|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Acts Eight and Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Tonase resolve to kill herself?
(a) Rikiya's rejection of her sword.
(b) Her husband's loss of money.
(c) Her daughter refusing to marry anyone else.
(d) Oishi's accusations.
2. In "Act Three," what makes Wakasanosuke calm down?
(a) His wife talks to him.
(b) He spends time with friends.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) Moronao apologizes.
3. Why does someone want Lord Hangan to have a letterbox in "Act Three"?
(a) So he can use it in his office.
(b) So he can give it to Moronao.
(c) So he feels honored.
(d) So he can give it to Kaoyo.
4. In "Act Nine," what does Tonase point out about Yuranosuke's income?
(a) It is steadily growing.
(b) It is always kept secret.
(c) It is comparable to her husband's.
(d) It is not enough to support a family.
5. In "Act Three," how does Moronao greet Lord Hangan?
(a) He ignores Hangan when he arrives.
(b) He gives him a gift.
(c) He shakes his hand.
(d) He yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who restrains Hangan when he attacks Moronao in "Act Three"?
2. What does Kampei beg Senzaki Yagoro for in "Act Five"?
3. What does Rikiya do when he sees Honzo and his mother fighting in "Act Nine"?
4. In "Act Nine," what does Yuranosuke predict will happen during his revenge plan?
5. What does Senzaki Yagoro say about the plan to avenge Hangan's death?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)