|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Vaquero report about Chúcaro?
2. How long will it take for them to get there?
3. What does Muñez do when Juan says Armando is lying?
4. What would happen if Armando is successful?
5. What does Juan want to avoid doing until after the match?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Muñez did not realize that his son Armando was terrible spoiled. In fact, he had paid little attention to his son. Armando's mother was worn out of taking care of him, so she focused on helping others while she let Armando's tutors tend to him.
1. Discuss what you see are the failings in a father who does not realize his son is spoiled. Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
2. What are some of the effects that might be seen in Armando as a person from his father ignoring him. Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
3. Discuss the ways in which Pedro, who has Juan, a guardian who pays a great deal of attention to him, has a better life than Armando. Use examples from the text and your own life to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Chucaro? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Chucaro including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Chucaro and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Chucaro belongs to the children's book novel genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the children's book novel genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a children's book novel and a historical novel mystery?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)