|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro do successfully with his father?
(a) Builds a safer chicken house because of the coyote.
(b) Kills and skins a coyote.
(c) Delivers the llama's cria.
(d) Lassoes a horse.
2. What is narrated in Chapter 7 concerning the gauchos?
(a) How they decide who will be their leader.
(b) How they catch wild horses.
(c) How they hunt.
(d) A typical pastime.
3. What animal does Pedro see at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A llama.
(d) A horse.
4. What is maté?
(a) A seasoning for meat.
(b) A drink.
(c) A corn paste.
(d) A type of potato.
5. What color is the animal Pedro sees?
(a) Burnt red.
6. Where are the waterfalls that are depicted on a poster?
7. How do gauchos usually cook their meat?
(a) In stews.
(b) In pits on hot stones.
(c) On a grill over an open fire.
(d) Boiled with potatoes.
8. What had Juan thrown to Pedrito?
(a) A stuffed animal.
(b) A lollipop.
(c) A coin.
(d) Juan's kerchief.
9. What does Maria tell Luisa?
(a) That Maria thinks Jose is sick.
(b) That Maria thinks Juan likes Luisa.
(c) That Maria thinks Juan is getting married.
(d) That Maria thinks Pedro's father is very ill.
10. What causes Pedro's father to lose his joy for life?
(a) The death of Pedro's mother.
(b) The government taking his land.
(c) The deaths of Pedro's youngest brother and sister.
(d) The government telling him he could not farm any longer.
11. What does Juan wear?
(a) A pair of worn sandals.
(b) A bandolira.
(c) A kerchief.
(d) A felt hat.
12. What poster does Juan once draw?
(a) One showing all the waterfalls in his area.
(b) One depicting Jesus Christ as a shepherd.
(c) One showing all the rivers and tributaries in Peru.
(d) One showing Pedro on his llama.
13. How big is Juan's home?
(b) Three rooms.
(c) Five rooms.
(d) Ten rooms.
14. Who is Gitana?
(a) Pedro's donkey.
(b) Juan's horse.
(c) Carlos' horse.
(d) Juan's wife.
15. What are the Pampas?
(a) The name the narrator's society calls the plains where they live.
(b) The mountains in the southwest region of South Dakota.
(c) The mountains in the southwest region of Central America.
(d) The family name of the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Juan and Pedro take Chúcaro in Chapter 4?
2. How is Chúcaro considered by many?
3. What are the cowboys of the narrator's home area called?
4. What color are the spots on the animal Pedro sees?
5. What is one instance when the weather around Pedro's home is sad?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)