|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most important postcard Juan has?
(a) One telling him he is granted some farmland.
(b) One he receives from a girl.
(c) One that is sold to tourists that depicts his father on a horse.
(d) One that announces the return of the native peoples to their lands.
2. What is one instance when the weather around Pedro's home is sad?
(a) When it's so dry there is dust on everything.
(b) When it rains so long, homes are flooded.
(c) When hail destroys the crops.
(d) When it's so cold, it's difficult to be outside.
3. How is Gitana described?
(c) Temperamental and cunning.
4. With what is the outside of Juan's home covered?
(b) Corrugated metal.
5. How is a spit used by gauchos?
(a) To defend against wolves.
(b) They never use a spit.
(c) To cook meat.
(d) To prod cattle into the corral.
6. What does Maria tell Luisa?
(a) That Maria thinks Juan is getting married.
(b) That Maria thinks Juan likes Luisa.
(c) That Maria thinks Pedro's father is very ill.
(d) That Maria thinks Jose is sick.
7. What causes Pedro's father to lose his joy for life?
(a) The government telling him he could not farm any longer.
(b) The deaths of Pedro's youngest brother and sister.
(c) The death of Pedro's mother.
(d) The government taking his land.
8. What is one thing the mayordomo does not know?
(a) About Chúcaro.
(b) About new technology for farming.
(c) About his son's newest bad habit.
(d) About his wife's illness.
9. What do some people think Juan has captured?
(a) The jack rabbit in the cage in his yard.
(b) The dove that sits on his porch railing.
(c) The goshawk that sits on his porch railing.
(d) The man in the wanted poster.
10. What does Pedro do successfully with his father?
(a) Builds a safer chicken house because of the coyote.
(b) Delivers the llama's cria.
(c) Lassoes a horse.
(d) Kills and skins a coyote.
11. What type of meat do gauchos eat?
(a) Mostly chicken and iguana.
(b) Sausage and beefsteak.
(c) Mostly pork.
(d) Mostly chicken.
12. What do gauchos love doing?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Riding the range.
(c) Climbing mountains.
(d) Going into the big city.
13. What is another thing the mayordomo does?
(a) Barters for new livestock.
(b) Works in the fields to train others.
(c) Goes to meetings in Buenos Aires.
(d) Decides when to sell land.
14. Who has a bronze, ruddy face?
(c) The mayordomo.
15. What does a poster on Juan's wall depict?
(a) The Andes Mountains.
(b) The Dakota Badlands.
(c) A picture of a wanted outlaw.
(d) The Amazon River.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what are 1000 pesos offered?
2. How was the table in Juan's home made?
3. What are the Pampas?
4. What is the general conclusion by the people about the Pampa?
5. How many farms are grouped into a large estate?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)