|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the waterfalls that are depicted on a poster?
2. What do some people think Juan has captured?
(a) The jack rabbit in the cage in his yard.
(b) The goshawk that sits on his porch railing.
(c) The dove that sits on his porch railing.
(d) The man in the wanted poster.
3. Who often gets together to eat and talk?
(a) Pedro and his many relatives.
(b) The entire village.
(c) Juan and his seven brothers.
4. What is one instance when the weather around Pedro's home is sad?
(a) When hail destroys the crops.
(b) When it's so cold, it's difficult to be outside.
(c) When it rains so long, homes are flooded.
(d) When it's so dry there is dust on everything.
5. Why do the people on the ranch gossip about Juan?
(a) Because he is not very friendly.
(b) They do not gossip about him.
(c) Because they think he has a shady history.
(d) Because Juan has changed his kerchief colors from how he normally wears them.
6. What is Juan's singing voice like?
(d) Juan never sings.
7. Where do Juan and Pedro take Chúcaro in Chapter 4?
(a) To the Pampas.
(b) To the nearby village.
(c) To Juan's casita.
(d) To Pedro's grandfather's home.
8. Where does Pedro want to keep Chúcaro?
(b) In a barn.
(c) In the corral.
(d) Free on the Pampas.
9. What animal does Pedro see at the opening of Chapter 1?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A llama.
(c) A horse.
(d) A donkey.
10. What does the Pampa seem if looked at from an airplane?
11. What does Maria tell Luisa?
(a) That Maria thinks Juan is getting married.
(b) That Maria thinks Pedro's father is very ill.
(c) That Maria thinks Jose is sick.
(d) That Maria thinks Juan likes Luisa.
12. What does a poster on Juan's wall depict?
(a) The Dakota Badlands.
(b) The Andes Mountains.
(c) The Amazon River.
(d) A picture of a wanted outlaw.
13. How old is Pedro when his mother dies?
(a) She is still alive.
14. Why does the mayordomo who lives near Juan and Pedro inspire awe?
(a) He is over six feet tall.
(b) He can pick up a young hefer.
(c) He can break any horse for riding within an hour.
(d) He can out ride anyone in the area.
15. What does Juan tend to do when not working?
(a) Helps his neighbors.
(b) Weaves blankets.
(c) Stays at home and sings old gaucho songs.
(d) Makes baskets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mayordomo near Juan and Pedro know?
2. What are the Pampas?
3. What did the author of Juan's most important post card forget?
4. What is mentioned as being yellow?
5. Who was once a strong man?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)