|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is the Ombu good?
(a) Supplying cattle to other tribes.
(b) Supplying horses to other tribes.
(c) For sodding roofs.
2. What is a physical feature of the mayordomo near Juan and Pedro?
(b) Very short.
(c) Very fat.
(d) Blind in one eye.
3. How old is Pedro when his mother dies?
(b) She is still alive.
4. How was the table in Juan's home made?
(b) He has no table in his home.
(c) Made by hand out of clay.
(d) Made of bricks and mortar.
5. What is an estancia?
(a) A series of farms.
(b) A break in the river flow.
(c) A bend in the river.
(d) A change from one type of crop to another.
6. How does the Pampas show color?
(a) Its blooming flowers.
(b) The tiny birds that are everywhere.
(c) The various greens of its grasses.
(d) The different-colored beetles.
7. What is the Ombu?
(a) The solitary tree of the prairie.
(b) A group of nomads in Argentina.
(c) A grass that grows on the Pampa.
(d) A group of nomads in Central America.
8. What are the Pampas?
(a) The family name of the narrator.
(b) The mountains in the southwest region of Central America.
(c) The name the narrator's society calls the plains where they live.
(d) The mountains in the southwest region of South Dakota.
9. Who is Gitana?
(a) Juan's horse.
(b) Pedro's donkey.
(c) Juan's wife.
(d) Carlos' horse.
10. What is one instance when the weather around Pedro's home is sad?
(a) When it's so dry there is dust on everything.
(b) When it rains so long, homes are flooded.
(c) When it's so cold, it's difficult to be outside.
(d) When hail destroys the crops.
11. What does a poster on Juan's wall depict?
(a) The Dakota Badlands.
(b) The Amazon River.
(c) The Andes Mountains.
(d) A picture of a wanted outlaw.
12. How big is Juan's home?
(a) Three rooms.
(c) Five rooms.
(d) Ten rooms.
13. How does Chúcaro like being groomed?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He endures it but is restless.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He bites Pedro.
14. Who has a bronze, ruddy face?
(c) The mayordomo.
15. What is a mayordomo?
(a) A mediation administrator.
(b) A surveyor.
(c) A farm manager.
(d) A tax collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria tell Luisa?
2. What animal does Pedro see at the opening of Chapter 1?
3. Where does Pedro want to keep Chúcaro?
4. Who tries to buy Chúcaro?
5. How old is Pedro?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)