|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13, The Vaquero Never Had a Chance, An Urgent Message, The Patrón.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a casita?
(a) A small, domesticated ferret-like creature.
(b) Another name for Juan's hut.
(c) A small, domesticated bird.
(d) A large fish that provides sustenance to many of the people of Argentina.
2. What do some people think Juan has captured?
(a) The dove that sits on his porch railing.
(b) The man in the wanted poster.
(c) The jack rabbit in the cage in his yard.
(d) The goshawk that sits on his porch railing.
3. Of what material is Juan's home made?
4. Where is this story set?
(a) In the plains of the Dakotas of the United States.
(b) In Central America.
(c) Between the Andes and the Atlantic Ocean.
(d) In Brazil.
5. What do many of the workers think Pedro and Juan should do?
(a) Make Chúcaro unusable.
(c) Dye Chúcaro another color.
(d) Resist the mayordomo.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Juan go to village dances?
2. What is maté?
3. What does Juan do one day when he says he is happy?
4. What mystery is discussed at the opening of Chapter 9?
5. What does Mr. Pizetti note?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)