|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13, The Vaquero Never Had a Chance, An Urgent Message, The Patrón.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Juan to Pedro?
(a) His oldest first cousin.
(b) His guardian.
(c) His oldest brother.
(d) His sister's husband.
2. What does Mr. Pizetti note?
(a) The law will probably rule that the mayordomo has legal right to Chúcaro.
(b) The law may force Juan to give up Pedro.
(c) The law may say that the mayordomo can fire Juan.
(d) The law will probably rule for Pedro.
3. What is the most important postcard Juan has?
(a) One he receives from a girl.
(b) One that announces the return of the native peoples to their lands.
(c) One that is sold to tourists that depicts his father on a horse.
(d) One telling him he is granted some farmland.
4. What does Armando do to the mayordomo when they arrive at the estancia?
(a) Snubs him.
(b) Tells the mayordomo to go get him his horse.
(c) Shoots water on the man's clothes.
(d) Shakes hands with a buzzer in his hand.
5. What is one thing the mayordomo does?
(a) Approves marriages.
(b) Decides capital crime punishments.
(c) Petitions the governemnt for easier regulations.
(d) Manages the health of horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan wear?
2. For what is the Ombu good?
3. What is an estancia?
4. What had Juan thrown to Pedrito?
5. What are the cowboys of the narrator's home area called?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)