|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-13, The Vaquero Never Had a Chance, An Urgent Message, The Patrón.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pedro's father seem to be?
(a) A jolly man.
(b) A good for nothing.
(c) A heavy drinker.
(d) A dreamer.
2. What does Juan tend to do when not working?
(a) Helps his neighbors.
(b) Stays at home and sings old gaucho songs.
(c) Makes baskets.
(d) Weaves blankets.
3. Why do Juan, Carlos and the others laugh at what the Vaquero says about the mayordomo?
(a) Because the mayordomo is always trying to take from the gauchos.
(b) Because the mayordomo gets florrid when someone says something he does not like.
(c) Because the mayordomo is so arrogant.
(d) Because of how angry the mayordomo is.
4. What does Jose think about Juan's actions?
(a) That Juan is actually sad.
(b) That Juan is not thinking clearly.
(c) That something special has happened.
(d) That Juan will miss his mustache.
5. Who has a bronze, ruddy face?
(a) The mayordomo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives while Juan, Carlos and Pedro are having Maté?
2. What do many of Juan's post cards depict?
3. What is mentioned as being yellow?
4. How does the loss of much of his family's fortune impact Señor Muñez?
5. What poster does Juan once draw?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)