Chapters 1-6, Lasso, Ombu, The Casita, Currycomb, Tears, Gitana the Gypsy
• Pedro sees a pinking horse with white spots as he hides in the brush. The horse is beautiful.
• Pedro is twelve and is a member of the Vaquero people. Pedro wants to catch the horse.
• He asks his father for help. His father was a strong man once but has lost his strength.
• His father's strength began to go when Pedro's mother died when the boy was a year old.
• Pedro's father lassos the horse and Pedro calls him Chucaro.
• The ombu is a tree on the plain which provides much needed shade.
• People often rest under the ombu trees that are near their ranches as it provides shade.
• Juan is Pedro's guardian instead of Pedro's father. He lives in a hut.
• Juan's hut is small and its roof is corrugated metal. Its walls are made of...
This section contains 1,653 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)