|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joinville gives most of the money to who for safe keeping?
(a) His brother.
(b) The church.
(c) The king.
(d) His men.
2. He and the other barons are pushed to give up lands for freedom, and made to believe what is to happen to them?
(a) They are to be tortured.
(b) They are about to be killed.
(c) They are to be enslaved.
(d) They are to be set free.
3. Joinville states the king always governed how?
(a) In accordance with his family's wishes.
(b) In accordance with his own wishes.
(c) In accordance with what was expected of him.
(d) In accordance with God's will.
4. How are the Tartars described?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As strange.
(c) As scary.
(d) As savages.
5. While there, he hears a sermon from Brother Hugues, who advises him to do what?
(a) Find peace with others.
(b) Always be just, fair, and equal.
(c) Return to battle.
(d) Convert the world to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville is summoned by the Empress of Constantinople to Paphos only to find her how?
2. How does the king react during the battle when his brother is the first in danger?
3. Upon his return to France, what does the king issue?
4. This time, the king has forbidden the army to battle. At the death of a Templar, what happens?
5. The king's army finds themselves camped on one side of __________ with the enemy on the other.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the effects of illness on Louis' army and Louis' decisions regarding his men.
2. How does Joinville end up in the king's service?
3. What does Joinville say about King Louis' dealings with the people?
4. What information do the spies give regarding the Saracen's plans? How does the king react to this?
5. Describe the trip home for the king.
6. What is the purpose of the Dedication? Describe this Dedication.
7. Why does Louis take up the cross?
8. Describe the battle along the Nile.
9. Describe the battle with the Turks that ends with the king barely escaping with his life.
10. Why does the king decide to sail to Cairo?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)