|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king defends giving lands to the King of England by noting _________, and thus, should be respected.
(a) The man is his brother-in-law.
(b) The man is his friend.
(c) The man is kind.
(d) The man is wealthy.
2. The Saracens move to Acre, and threaten what?
(a) The gardens of Jerusalem.
(b) The gardens of Cairo.
(c) The gardens of Baghdad.
(d) The gardens of Constantinople.
3. How many examples does Joinville give of Louis risking his life for others?
4. Louis travels to Pointiers, but is confronted by whom?
(a) Comte de Bretagne.
(b) Comte de Gascogne.
(c) Comte Thibaut.
(d) Comte de la Marche.
5. Joinville, in a ship on water, is also taken captive, but is not killed for what reason?
(a) He threatens the enemy.
(b) He claims to be the king's cousin.
(c) He is very wealthy.
(d) He kills the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville wants men to realize __________ of Louis.
2. On the way to France, the men narrowly escape fire. What has caused this fire?
3. The king finishes his fortification of Jaffa, and decides to do what?
4. The king decides to land and fight who in battle?
5. Seeing the battle, the king does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louis become a saint?
2. During the battle, why does the king decide the French camp must be moved?
3. What does King Louis do to reform his country?
4. What does Joinville say about King Louis' dealings with the people?
5. What happens when the king lands at the castle of Hyeres in the lands of his brother?
6. Describe the trip home for the king.
7. How are Joinville and the barons tricked into giving up their land?
8. What is the purpose of the Dedication? Describe this Dedication.
9. What does Joinville say about the king's goodness at this point in the book?
10. What promise is made by the emirs of Egypt? What are the results of this promise?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)