|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the trip, the army finds themselves attacked by who?
(a) The Babylonians.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The Egyptians.
(d) The Israelites.
2. How many examples does Joinville give of Louis risking his life for others?
3. What envoy has several encounters with those differing from the Christian faith?
(a) The envoy to the emirs of Egypt.
(b) The envoy to the land of the Tartars.
(c) The envoy to Mongolia.
(d) The envoy to the Sultan of Damascus.
4. What is the army doing when the Turks again attack?
5. When the Crusaders find themselves at Damietta, how many troops has the sultan placed there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville gives several examples of phrases stated by Louis that show what?
2. When Joinville finds he cannot pay his knights, what does the king offer to do?
3. The king finishes his fortification of Jaffa, and decides to do what?
4. How does the king barely escape with his life?
5. The new powers of the Turks do what with the terms of the release?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Louis sends an envoy to the Sultan of Damascus? What envoy is sent to Louis? Why? What are the results of this envoy's arrival?
2. What does Joinville do when he is summoned by the Empress of Constantinople?
3. Why does Louis take up the cross?
4. What does King Louis do to reform his country?
5. Describe the battle with the Turks that ends with the king barely escaping with his life.
6. Why is the king asked to come home to France? Why does he decide to stay abroad?
7. Describe the battle along the Nile.
8. How does Joinville end up in the king's service?
9. How does the king go about fortifying cities?
10. What happens between the people of Constantinople and the Comans? Why?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)