|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king decides to land and fight who in battle?
(a) The Egyptians.
(b) The Saracens.
(c) The Israelites.
(d) The Babylonians.
2. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
(a) The men must return to France.
(b) They must be moved.
(c) The war must end.
(d) They must fight one more time.
3. Eventually, the sultan and the king come to an agreement, wherein the king would surrender Damietta in exchange for what?
4. The king changes tactics, and pays Bedouin a fee to do what?
(a) Spy on the enemy.
(b) Show them a ford, over which the army crosses.
(c) Kill the enemy for him.
(d) Help them retreat.
5. Years later, a bishop arrives to investigate the life of Louis at the request of who?
(a) The Pope.
(c) A priest.
(d) King Louis' family.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
2. The Turks block passage to the French camp, starving the army, and as a result, the king decides what must be done?
3. The new powers of the Turks do what with the terms of the release?
4. Joinville discusses the birth of the king, and how his mother raised him to believe in what?
5. The Sultan of Cairo is poisoned by who?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does King Louis do to reform his country?
2. Describe the trip home for the king.
3. What happens between the people of Constantinople and the Comans? Why?
4. What happens when Louis sends an envoy to the Sultan of Damascus? What envoy is sent to Louis? Why? What are the results of this envoy's arrival?
5. Describe the battle leading to Damietta being left to the king?
6. What information do the spies give regarding the Saracen's plans? How does the king react to this?
7. Describe the effects of illness on Louis' army and Louis' decisions regarding his men.
8. What promise is made by the emirs of Egypt? What are the results of this promise?
9. During the battle, why does the king decide the French camp must be moved?
10. How does Louis become a saint?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)