|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Villehardouin born?
(a) Between 1200 and 1204.
(b) Between 1250 and 1254.
(c) Between 1150 and 1154.
(d) Between 1270 and1274.
2. When is the new Emperor's coronation?
(a) In 1224.
(b) In 1234.
(c) In 1214.
(d) In 1204.
3. Villehardouin and Comte Hugues are chosen to travel to meet some of the defecting barons to do what?
(a) Attempt to bring them back to Paris.
(b) Attempt to convert them.
(c) Attempt to bring them back to Venice.
(d) Attempt to convince them to leave for Cairo.
4. Pope Innocent proclaims that anyone who takes up the cross as part of the army for how long will be free from all of their sins?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
5. What does Johanitza do when he returns to Demotika?
(a) Razes it to the ground.
(b) He protects it.
(c) He inhabits it.
(d) He rules it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Johanitza attacks Demotika, the people beg who to come to their aid?
2. Henri and his troops travel to save Cyzicus from whom?
3. It is soon decided that to take the city, the Venetians will attack by _________.
4. For how long does Renier de Trit flee to Stenimaka?
5. When the Doge hears of the troubles between the Marquis and Baudouin, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is known about Joinville's life?
2. What happens prior to arriving in Constantinople?
3. What causes many nobles to take up the cross? Who were some of these noblemen?
4. What is known about the first chronicle?
5. What do the Greeks of Philippopolis ask of Johanitza? What is his response?
6. How does the French army respond to the Emperor's questioning regarding the attack by the French?
7. What happens when the Venetians show the French the warships they have created?
8. How do Lascaris and Henri come to a truce agreement?
9. What can be gathered regarding Murzuphlus' character?
10. What city do the crusaders want to capture? What is known about this city?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)