|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
(a) The downfall of the army and the crusade.
(b) The power of the army.
(c) The Crusades.
(d) The fall of Jerusalem.
2. The Greeks attempt to set fire to the Crusader's ships by doing what?
(a) Shooting cannons at them.
(b) Sneaking aboard and setting them on fire.
(c) Shooting burning arrows at them.
(d) Sending burning sailboats in their direction.
3. Other troops land in a town near Turkey, and do what?
(a) Raid it.
(b) Protect it and make peace.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Ignore it.
4. Henri and his troops travel to save Cyzicus from whom?
(d) Marquis de Montferret.
5. From whom do the Greeks ask for assistance?
(a) The Latins.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Turks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Constantinople, Prince Issac and his son Alexius escape from whom?
2. Pope Innocent proclaims that anyone who takes up the cross as part of the army for how long will be free from all of their sins?
3. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
4. The remaining lands are divided as promised between the French and the Venetians. How do the French rule?
5. After Thibaut's death, who is asked to become leader of the Crusades?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the day of the main attack?
2. What happens once the men arrive at Constantinople? How does the Emperor respond to this action by the French?
3. What causes many nobles to take up the cross? Who were some of these noblemen?
4. Why does the new Emperor leave? What happens when he leaves?
5. What does Johanitza continue to do? How do the Greeks react to this?
6. What happens after Johanitza flees and leads to Johanitza's capture?
7. What happens prior to arriving in Constantinople?
8. What happens when the Venetians show the French the warships they have created?
9. What city do the crusaders want to capture? What is known about this city?
10. What is known about the first chronicle?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)