|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the two men meet, what happens between Baudouin and the Marquis?
(b) Peace is made between them.
(d) Many battles.
2. When did Villehardouin write the chronicle?
(a) Before his crusade.
(b) During his crusade.
(c) Years after his crusade.
(d) The year his crusade ended.
3. The army tells the envoy the Emperor does not own the land, and that unless he gives the lands back to the prince, they will do what?
(a) Continue to wait.
(b) Continue the Crusades.
(d) Continue to attack.
4. Johanitza attacks the city of Serres, and the small French garrison within asks for surrender. What happens when Johanitza accepts and promises them no harm?
(a) He kills the leader of the garrison.
(b) On surrender, the small garrison finds themselves either sent back to Hungary or beheaded.
(c) He stands by his promise.
(d) He flees.
5. As Henri's army moves toward the city, they are sidetracked again by Lascaris' attack on Nicomedia, and move to save their soldiers hiding in what church?
(a) The Church of Saint John.
(b) The Church of Saint Matthew.
(c) The Church of Saint Ann.
(d) The Church of Saint Sophia.
Short Answer Questions
1. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
2. The fleet stops at Andros and overruns the area until when?
3. When is the new Emperor's coronation?
4. As Lascaris attacks the lands on one side of the straits, Johanitza attacks what city?
5. Who is Henri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the Greeks of Philippopolis ask of Johanitza? What is his response?
2. How do Lascaris and Henri come to a truce agreement?
3. What is happening in Constantinople at this time?
4. What happens after Johanitza flees and leads to Johanitza's capture?
5. Describe what takes place when it is decided that an emperor must be elected.
6. What happens when the French and Venetians divide the remaining lands?
7. What is the end result of the battle between King Johanitza and the French and Venetians?
8. What does Johanitza continue to do? How do the Greeks react to this?
9. What city do the crusaders want to capture? What is known about this city?
10. What happens prior to arriving in Constantinople?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)