|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
(a) Without weapons.
(b) Without him.
(c) Without enough food.
(d) Without enough preparations.
2. Seeing the battle, the king does what?
(a) Leaps into the sea and swims to shore.
(b) Orders Joinville to leap into the sea and swim to shore.
(c) Runs and hides.
(d) Turns his ships around to escape.
3. The king finishes his fortification of Jaffa, and decides to do what?
(a) Destroy Jaffa.
(b) Stay in Jaffa.
(c) Return to France.
(d) Take the city of Nablus from the Saracens, as well as the city of Banyas.
4. The king lands at the castle of Hyeres in the lands of who?
(a) His sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
5. Louis teaches that faith in God should be so complete that what happens?
(a) Nothing can make one sin.
(b) Nothing can make one doubt.
(c) Nothing can make one willing to go against God.
(d) Nothing can make one unhappy.
6. Eventually, the sultan and the king come to an agreement, wherein the king would surrender Damietta in exchange for what?
7. Joinville and his men are taken to _________ where the king and his men are being held captive.
8. Joinville leaves his home to reach what city?
9. The king, weak with illness, travels to Tunis, where what happens?
(a) He dies.
(b) He and his eldest son are struck with fever.
(c) He converts the people of Tunis to Christianity.
(d) He is killed.
10. They return to Saida to find the king is doing what?
(a) Having the city fortified.
(b) Preparing to return to France.
(c) Destroying the city.
(d) Waiting for him.
11. The new powers of the Turks do what with the terms of the release?
(a) They partially follow them.
(b) They keep to the original agreement.
(c) They completely ignore them.
(d) They renegotiate the terms.
12. When the king's brother, Comte de Poitiers, arrives at Cyprus, they decide to sail where?
(a) To Constantinople.
(b) To Cairo.
(c) To Sri Lanka.
(d) To Baghdad.
13. Who are soon rooted out of the kingdom?
(a) The wealthy.
(c) Thieves and immoral politicians.
(d) The poor.
14. Joinville and his men attack a Turkish camp, only to find nearly how many Turks right outside the camp?
(a) Sixteen thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Six hundred.
(d) Sixteen hundred.
15. Because of what reason do the Templars chase the Turks and kill many of them?
Short Answer Questions
1. The king decides he is returning to France when?
2. Joinville complains to the king that he is owed money by his employer, and the king does what for him?
3. What does Louis believe is worse than anything?
4. The Sultan of Cairo is poisoned by who?
5. When the king stands up to the Old Man of the Mountain's envoy, they return later with what?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)