|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joinville leaves his home to reach what city?
2. The king sends religious gifts to the nearby King of Tartars for what reason?
(a) In an attempt to keep the peace.
(b) He fears this king.
(c) In an attempt to recruit more followers.
(d) He is friends with this king.
3. The barons tell the king to return home. What does Joinville advise him to do?
(a) Make his own decision.
(b) Go home.
(d) Continue to travel.
4. Joinville discusses the birth of the king, and how his mother raised him to believe in what?
(a) The joys of family.
(b) The power of wealth.
(c) Faith and love.
(d) God and justice.
5. Who are soon rooted out of the kingdom?
(b) The poor.
(c) Thieves and immoral politicians.
(d) The wealthy.
6. This time, the king has forbidden the army to battle. At the death of a Templar, what happens?
(a) The Crusaders mourn his death.
(b) The others chase down and kill the enemy.
(c) The king orders the men to chase down and kill the enemy.
(d) The Crusaders retreat.
7. The king defends giving lands to the King of England by noting _________, and thus, should be respected.
(a) The man is his brother-in-law.
(b) The man is his friend.
(c) The man is kind.
(d) The man is wealthy.
8. Joinville escorts the queen and her daughter to __________ for safe departure.
(d) Es Sur.
9. He and the other barons are pushed to give up lands for freedom, and made to believe what is to happen to them?
(a) They are to be enslaved.
(b) They are to be tortured.
(c) They are about to be killed.
(d) They are to be set free.
10. A month later, the king gathers the barons again for what reason?
(a) They have not yet obtained knights he needs to win the Crusade.
(b) They are treating the enemy with cruelty.
(c) They have not informed their knights of the next phase of attack.
(d) They have not paid their men.
11. Louis travels to Pointiers, but is confronted by whom?
(a) Comte Thibaut.
(b) Comte de la Marche.
(c) Comte de Bretagne.
(d) Comte de Gascogne.
12. Years later, a bishop arrives to investigate the life of Louis at the request of who?
(a) A priest.
(b) The Pope.
(d) King Louis' family.
13. The king finishes his fortification of Jaffa, and decides to do what?
(a) Stay in Jaffa.
(b) Return to France.
(c) Destroy Jaffa.
(d) Take the city of Nablus from the Saracens, as well as the city of Banyas.
14. When the king's brother, Comte de Poitiers, arrives at Cyprus, they decide to sail where?
(a) To Baghdad.
(b) To Sri Lanka.
(c) To Constantinople.
(d) To Cairo.
15. Why does the Queen of Cyprus order war?
(a) Thibaut agrees to take Comte de Bretagne's daughter as a wife and later refuses.
(b) Dracula agrees to take Comte de Bretagne's daughter as a wife and later refuses.
(c) St. Germain agrees to take Comte de Bretagne's daughter as a wife and later refuses.
(d) Monte Christo agrees to take Comte de Bretagne's daughter as a wife and later refuses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville, in a ship on water, is also taken captive, but is not killed for what reason?
2. The envoy returns from Egypt with a covenant promising what?
3. On the way to France, the men narrowly escape fire. What has caused this fire?
4. What are the two parts of Joinville's book?
5. Joinville gives most of the money to who for safe keeping?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)