|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once the two men meet, what happens between Baudouin and the Marquis?
(b) Peace is made between them.
(d) Many battles.
2. What does Baudouin promise the Doge he will do?
(a) Continue to do as he pleases.
(b) Kill the Marquis.
(c) Go to Venice.
(d) Go to Constantinople.
3. Why do the Greeks begin to rebel against Johanitza?
(a) He is stealing their city's wealth.
(b) He has deserted them.
(c) He is becoming too powerful.
(d) He is destroying their cities.
4. From whom do the Greeks ask for assistance?
(a) The Latins.
(b) The Turks.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
5. Simultaneously, a fleet of ships with hundreds of men sail through the Straits of Morocco to Venice, but these men, along with many others, failed to do what?
(a) Bring enough supplies.
(b) Arrive in Venice.
(c) Bring enough men.
(d) Supply financial support.
6. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
(a) Twenty towers.
(b) Fifteen towers.
(c) Twenty-five towers.
(d) Thirty towers.
7. When Marquis de Montferrat arrives, he requests that Baudouin not do what?
(a) Kill Murzuphlus.
(c) Protect Alexius.
(d) March on his territory of Salonika.
8. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
(a) In the third Crusade.
(b) In the first three Crusades.
(c) In the second Crusade.
(d) In the first Crusade.
9. The fleet stops at Andros and overruns the area until when?
(a) They run out of ammunitions.
(b) They become bored.
(c) The Pope tells them to return home.
(d) The Emperor pays them in money and goods.
10. On the day of the main attack, what happens when the French attempt to scale the walls of the city?
(a) They quickly take over the tower.
(b) They are quickly driven back.
(c) They are slowly driven back.
(d) They slowly take over the tower.
11. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
(a) Build them a fleet of warships and transports.
(b) Flee the city.
(c) Fight for Jerusalem.
12. Other troops land in a town near Turkey, and do what?
(a) Ignore it.
(b) Protect it and make peace.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Raid it.
13. All the barons hold a conference, and send envoys to Venice to do what?
(a) Convert the Venetians.
(b) Convince the Venetians to fight for Jerusalem.
(c) Gather supplies and aid.
(d) Fight the Venetians.
14. The army then takes the prince near the walls of Constantinople and does what?
(a) Shows him to the people.
(b) Threatens him.
(c) Throws him over a wall.
(d) Asks him to beg his people for forgiveness.
15. For how long did the French army camp on one side of the straits while Alexius and his army camp on the other?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Nine days,
(c) Six days.
(d) Eight days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Challengers of his story note that he places blame for several failures of the army on those who deserted the crusade without taking into account social situations outside of the crusades, and that he removes blame purposefully from whom?
2. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
3. In Constantinople, what happens to Murzuphlus when he has been captured?
4. Murzuphlus is four days from Constantinople. He takes many cities along the way, and Baudouin decides to do what?
5. What is the goal of the crusades?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)