|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johanitza arrives at Philippopolis and accepts the surrender of the people. What does he do after this?
(a) He protects his new citizens.
(b) Kills many of the citizens and destroys the city.
(c) He puts the people into his service.
(d) He takes care of the people.
2. The troops decide that an emperor must be elected, and choose who?
(a) Comte de Monte Christo.
(b) Marquis de Montferrat.
(c) Comte Louis.
(d) Comte Baudouin de Flandre et de Hainaut.
3. What leaves the army highly decreased in numbers?
(d) Many Barons escape.
4. When did Villehardouin write the chronicle?
(a) During his crusade.
(b) Years after his crusade.
(c) Before his crusade.
(d) The year his crusade ended.
5. When did Louis begin the Eighth Crusade?
6. When was Villehardouin born?
(a) Between 1150 and 1154.
(b) Between 1250 and 1254.
(c) Between 1200 and 1204.
(d) Between 1270 and1274.
7. When Johanitza attacks Demotika, the people beg who to come to their aid?
(b) The Latins.
8. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
9. The Greeks of Philippopolis send word to Johanitza that they will do what?
(a) Attack him.
(b) Join his army.
(c) Convert to Christianity.
(d) Surrender the city to him.
10. In Constantinople, who does Emperor Henri marry?
(a) The daughter of Marquis de Montferret, Agnes.
(b) The sister of Emperor Baudouin.
(c) The sister of Marquis de Montferret, Agnes.
(d) The daughter of Emperor Baudouin.
11. As Henri's army moves toward the city, they are sidetracked again by Lascaris' attack on Nicomedia, and move to save their soldiers hiding in what church?
(a) The Church of Saint Matthew.
(b) The Church of Saint Ann.
(c) The Church of Saint John.
(d) The Church of Saint Sophia.
12. Henri and his troops follow the retreating soldiers of Lascaris until when?
(a) Lascaris surrenders.
(b) Lascaris dies.
(c) He offers a truce agreement.
(d) Henri dies.
13. The French will attack by ________.
14. The Crusaders begin to gather in Venice after what in 1202?
(a) Good Friday.
(d) Palm Sunday.
15. When did Joinville take the cross?
Short Answer Questions
1. The fleet stops at Andros and overruns the area until when?
2. Geoffroy and his companions return to France to tell the news, while the others travel where to continue to rally support for the Crusade?
3. Murzuphlus is four days from Constantinople. He takes many cities along the way, and Baudouin decides to do what?
4. From whom do the Greeks ask for assistance?
5. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)