1. The translator, R.B. Shaw, begins the novel with a brief introduction that explains what?
The two chronicles given in the novel.
2. What is the goal of the crusades?
To capture the Holy City Jerusalem.
3. For how long was this holy city transferred back and forth between Christians and the Turks before a Holy War was initiated by Pope Gregory VII?
Hundreds of years.
4. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
Peter the Hermit.
5. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
In the first three Crusades.
This section contains 5,430 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)