1. The translator, R.B. Shaw, begins the novel with a brief introduction that explains what?
2. What is the goal of the crusades?
3. For how long was this holy city transferred back and forth between Christians and the Turks before a Holy War was initiated by Pope Gregory VII?
4. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
5. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
This section contains 5,430 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)