|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16: Expedition to Saide through Chapter 20, Canonization of Saint Louis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Lascaris attacks the lands on one side of the straits, Johanitza attacks what city?
2. What does Baudouin promise the Doge he will do?
(a) Go to Constantinople.
(b) Continue to do as he pleases.
(c) Go to Venice.
(d) Kill the Marquis.
3. The Turks block passage to the French camp, starving the army, and as a result, the king decides what must be done?
(a) They must fight one more time.
(b) The war must end.
(c) The men must return to France.
(d) The camp must be moved.
4. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
5. A month later, the king gathers the barons again for what reason?
(a) They are treating the enemy with cruelty.
(b) They have not informed their knights of the next phase of attack.
(c) They have not yet obtained knights he needs to win the Crusade.
(d) They have not paid their men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The troops decide that an emperor must be elected, and choose who?
2. What does Louis believe is worse than anything?
3. It is soon decided that to take the city, the Venetians will attack by _________.
4. When did Joinville take the cross?
5. How many examples does Joinville give of Louis risking his life for others?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)