|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16: Expedition to Saide through Chapter 20, Canonization of Saint Louis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Back in Venice, the Venetians show the Franks the warships they have created. Why do the French find themselves short of the amount of money they owe?
(a) So many of the army have died.
(b) So many of the army did not convert as planned.
(c) So many of the army have become ill.
(d) So many of the army have not appeared as planned.
2. Joinville tells of the Queen of Cyprus, the daughter of the eldest son of Henri the Generous, who is summoned to dispossess who after an argument?
(a) Comte Dracula.
(b) Comte St. Germain.
(c) Comte de Monte Christo.
(d) Comte Thibaut.
3. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
(a) They must be moved.
(b) The men must return to France.
(c) They must fight one more time.
(d) The war must end.
4. Joinville complains to the king that he is owed money by his employer, and the king does what for him?
(a) Demands his employer pay him.
(b) Sends him home to France.
(c) Graciously reimburses him.
(d) Gives him a job.
5. Seeing the battle, the king does what?
(a) Turns his ships around to escape.
(b) Orders Joinville to leap into the sea and swim to shore.
(c) Leaps into the sea and swims to shore.
(d) Runs and hides.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leaves the army highly decreased in numbers?
2. Upon his return to France, what does the king issue?
3. What is the goal of the crusades?
4. How are the Tartars described?
5. When the king stands up to the Old Man of the Mountain's envoy, they return later with what?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)