|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16: Expedition to Saide through Chapter 20, Canonization of Saint Louis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Venetians offer fifty armed alleys at no charge, as long as what happens?
(a) Anything the army wins is split in half between the Franks and the Venetians.
(b) The French do not force them out of their city.
(c) They do not have to convert.
(d) The French give them anything the two armies wins.
2. Who are soon rooted out of the kingdom?
(a) The wealthy.
(b) Thieves and immoral politicians.
(c) The poor.
3. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
(a) Without enough food.
(b) Without enough preparations.
(c) Without weapons.
(d) Without him.
4. The fleet stops at Andros and overruns the area until when?
(a) They run out of ammunitions.
(b) They become bored.
(c) The Pope tells them to return home.
(d) The Emperor pays them in money and goods.
5. Joinville explains he himself is stricken with what, but recovers?
(a) Lung fever.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) The army disease.
(d) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ships land at Constantinople, and eventually make their way to the port at __________, where they meet the Emperor Alexius, the man who imprisoned Issac and Prince Alexius.
2. The king sends religious gifts to the nearby King of Tartars for what reason?
3. The fourth crusade, chronicled first in the novel, is written by Villehardouin, and is, according to Shaw, the first reliable record of the crusades by whom?
4. The Crusaders begin to gather in Venice after what in 1202?
5. The new powers of the Turks do what with the terms of the release?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)