|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 16: Expedition to Saide through Chapter 20, Canonization of Saint Louis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the king leaves Saida, which he has fortified, what happens?
(a) The king is given many gifts.
(b) He is thanked for his works.
(c) The king is attacked.
(d) The king is wounded.
2. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
(c) Very ill.
(d) Very powerful.
3. What is the goal of the crusades?
(a) To convert all to Christianity.
(b) To capture the Holy City Jerusalem.
(c) To return Europe to Christianity.
(d) To kill those who are not Christians.
4. One evening, the Turks begin to shoot fireballs at the army, destroying what?
(a) The camp.
(b) The castle.
(c) The towers.
(d) The tents.
5. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
(a) Fight for Jerusalem.
(b) Flee the city.
(c) Build them a fleet of warships and transports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville, in a ship on water, is also taken captive, but is not killed for what reason?
2. The envoy coming back from the Tartars reports that they used the religious items sent by Louis to do what?
3. Joinville explains he himself is stricken with what, but recovers?
4. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
5. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)