|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon payment, the Comte de Poitiers is released. What do the Turks do with the sick French men in Damietta?
(a) They free them.
(b) They torture them.
(c) They enslave them.
(d) They kill them.
2. The troops decide that an emperor must be elected, and choose who?
(a) Comte de Monte Christo.
(b) Comte Louis.
(c) Marquis de Montferrat.
(d) Comte Baudouin de Flandre et de Hainaut.
3. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
(a) The power of the army.
(b) The fall of Jerusalem.
(c) The downfall of the army and the crusade.
(d) The Crusades.
4. In Constantinople, what happens to Murzuphlus when he has been captured?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He is locked in a tower.
(d) He is thrown from a marble column in the center of town, which kills him.
5. How do the Greek residents react to French rule?
(a) They are very obedient.
(b) They begin to rebel.
(c) They go into hiding.
(d) They respond with fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Constantinople free Issac and do what with him?
2. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
3. When the Doge hears of the troubles between the Marquis and Baudouin, what does he do?
4. Why does the Queen of Cyprus order war?
5. When was Villehardouin born?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)