|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The new powers of the Turks do what with the terms of the release?
(a) They partially follow them.
(b) They renegotiate the terms.
(c) They completely ignore them.
(d) They keep to the original agreement.
2. What are the two parts of Joinville's book?
(a) A depiction of Louis' life as lived by God, and one of his feats.
(b) Joinville's life before and after the Crusades.
(c) Short stories about all of the Crusades.
(d) Two different stories by Joinville.
3. Joinville and his men attack a Turkish camp, only to find nearly how many Turks right outside the camp?
(a) Six hundred.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Sixteen hundred.
(d) Sixteen thousand.
4. In 1198, a saint named ___________ is preaching the word of God in France.
5. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
(a) Thirty towers.
(b) Fifteen towers.
(c) Twenty towers.
(d) Twenty-five towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville's account of the crusade includes what?
2. The king's army finds themselves camped on one side of __________ with the enemy on the other.
3. In Constantinople, who does Emperor Henri marry?
4. Joinville wants men to realize __________ of Louis.
5. Joinville and his men are taken to _________ where the king and his men are being held captive.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)