|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king realizes the army is slowly dying off from illness, and determines what must happen?
(a) The men must return to France.
(b) They must be moved.
(c) The war must end.
(d) They must fight one more time.
2. The troops decide that an emperor must be elected, and choose who?
(a) Comte de Monte Christo.
(b) Comte Louis.
(c) Comte Baudouin de Flandre et de Hainaut.
(d) Marquis de Montferrat.
3. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
(a) To make them more accurate.
(b) To make them exciting.
(c) To make them simpler for modern individuals to read.
(d) To make them more interesting.
4. When Johanitza attacks Demotika, the people beg who to come to their aid?
(b) The Latins.
5. Joinville tells of the Queen of Cyprus, the daughter of the eldest son of Henri the Generous, who is summoned to dispossess who after an argument?
(a) Comte St. Germain.
(b) Comte de Monte Christo.
(c) Comte Thibaut.
(d) Comte Dracula.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
2. Challengers of his story note that he places blame for several failures of the army on those who deserted the crusade without taking into account social situations outside of the crusades, and that he removes blame purposefully from whom?
3. The Turks block passage to the French camp, starving the army, and as a result, the king decides what must be done?
4. Henri and his troops follow the retreating soldiers of Lascaris until when?
5. The army then takes the prince near the walls of Constantinople and does what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)