|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
(a) The fall of Jerusalem.
(b) The Crusades.
(c) The power of the army.
(d) The downfall of the army and the crusade.
2. Upon payment, the Comte de Poitiers is released. What do the Turks do with the sick French men in Damietta?
(a) They free them.
(b) They kill them.
(c) They torture them.
(d) They enslave them.
3. The barons camp at the tower of ________, knowing the Greeks will soon attack. When they do so the following morning, they are defeated swiftly, and the army takes the tower.
4. In Constantinople, what happens to Murzuphlus when he has been captured?
(a) He is locked in a tower.
(b) He escapes.
(c) He is tortured.
(d) He is thrown from a marble column in the center of town, which kills him.
5. The army then takes the prince near the walls of Constantinople and does what?
(a) Asks him to beg his people for forgiveness.
(b) Throws him over a wall.
(c) Threatens him.
(d) Shows him to the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Lascaris attacks the lands on one side of the straits, Johanitza attacks what city?
2. The king, hiding in a village, gives what order?
3. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
4. There is a war on all sides, and the king advances with his army, refusing to allow them to fight how?
5. What does Baudouin promise the Doge he will do?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)