|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 8: Victory and its Aftermath through Chapter 10, Negotiations with the Saracens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The army tells the envoy the Emperor does not own the land, and that unless he gives the lands back to the prince, they will do what?
(a) Continue to wait.
(b) Continue the Crusades.
(c) Continue to attack.
2. As Lascaris attacks the lands on one side of the straits, Johanitza attacks what city?
3. The king agrees to do what for the release of himself and his men?
(a) Give over France and a million gold bezants.
(b) Give over Cairo and a million gold bezants.
(c) Give over Damietta and a million gold bezants.
(d) Give over Constantinople and a million gold bezants.
4. Louis refuses peace until when?
(a) He is repaid for his losses.
(b) He wins the battle.
(c) The barons withdraw from the count's lands.
(d) His death.
5. Shaw closes the introduction by noting that he has modernized the chronicles for what reason?
(a) To make them more accurate.
(b) To make them simpler for modern individuals to read.
(c) To make them more interesting.
(d) To make them exciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
2. When Joinville finds he cannot pay his knights, what does the king offer to do?
3. When is the new Emperor's coronation?
4. The Marquis de Montferrat calls for all members of the army to do what?
5. The king, hiding in a village, gives what order?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)