|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3: Voyage to Cyprus through Chapter 7, Battle of Mansourah.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Villehardouin and Comte Hugues are chosen to travel to meet some of the defecting barons to do what?
(a) Attempt to convert them.
(b) Attempt to bring them back to Paris.
(c) Attempt to convince them to leave for Cairo.
(d) Attempt to bring them back to Venice.
2. What happens to Renier de Trit's son, brother, nephew, and son-in-law?
(a) They are tricked by King Johanitza.
(b) They are tortured by King Johanitza.
(c) They are pardoned by King Johanitza.
(d) They are beheaded by King Johanitza.
3. Why does Baudouin give Marquis de Montferrat the land of Salonika?
(a) The Marquis threatens him.
(b) The Marquis marries the previous wife of Issac.
(c) The Marquis financially supports him.
(d) The Marquis marries his sister.
4. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
(b) Very ill.
(d) Very powerful.
5. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
(a) In the first three Crusades.
(b) In the third Crusade.
(c) In the second Crusade.
(d) In the first Crusade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johanitza arrives at Philippopolis and accepts the surrender of the people. What does he do after this?
2. As Johanitza loses his Coman soldiers, he retreats from where?
3. Joinville gives several examples of phrases stated by Louis that show what?
4. When the Doge hears of the troubles between the Marquis and Baudouin, what does he do?
5. On the day of the main attack, what happens when the French attempt to scale the walls of the city?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)