|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, King Johanitza Ravages the Empire through Chapter 21, Excursions Outside the Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fleet sails from the port of Corfu when?
(a) In 1203.
(b) In 1223.
(c) In 1233.
(d) In 1213.
2. Baudouin and his troops attack Adrianople, but find it protected by whom?
(a) King Johanitza.
(b) The Emperor.
3. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
(a) If he recovered from his illness, he would recover Jerusalem.
(b) If his son recovered from his illnees, he would recover Jerusalem.
(c) If he recovered from his illness, he would convert.
(d) If he could recover Jerusalem, he would convert.
4. In Salonika, the marquis captures Alexius and does what to him?
(a) Has him imprisoned.
(b) He frees him.
(c) He questions him.
(d) He tortures him.
5. After Thibaut's death, who is asked to become leader of the Crusades?
(a) Comte de Saint Germain.
(b) Marquis Boniface de Montferrat.
(c) Marquis de Lafayette.
(d) Comte de Monte Cristo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Geoffroy and his companions return to France to tell the news, while the others travel where to continue to rally support for the Crusade?
2. For how long does Renier de Trit flee to Stenimaka?
3. The fourth crusade, chronicled first in the novel, is written by Villehardouin, and is, according to Shaw, the first reliable record of the crusades by whom?
4. The Crusaders send an envoy into Constantinople to ask the new Emperor to do what?
5. The army then takes the prince near the walls of Constantinople and does what?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)