|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, King Johanitza Ravages the Empire through Chapter 21, Excursions Outside the Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Around 1244, what promise did King Louis IX make to God?
(a) If he recovered from his illness, he would recover Jerusalem.
(b) If he could recover Jerusalem, he would convert.
(c) If his son recovered from his illnees, he would recover Jerusalem.
(d) If he recovered from his illness, he would convert.
2. The envoys reach Venice, and explain to the Doge of Venice, Enrico Dandolo, that their masters wish the Venetians to do what for them?
(b) Flee the city.
(c) Build them a fleet of warships and transports.
(d) Fight for Jerusalem.
3. For how long does Renier de Trit flee to Stenimaka?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Fourteen months.
(d) Thirteen months.
4. He notes that Villehardouin saw his crusade as what?
(a) A way to earn wealth and power.
(b) A duty to himself.
(c) A duty to God.
(d) A duty to his country.
5. All the barons hold a conference, and send envoys to Venice to do what?
(a) Convert the Venetians.
(b) Fight the Venetians.
(c) Convince the Venetians to fight for Jerusalem.
(d) Gather supplies and aid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henri and his troops follow the retreating soldiers of Lascaris until when?
2. When was Villehardouin born?
3. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
4. The troops decide that an emperor must be elected, and choose who?
5. The barons camp at the tower of ________, knowing the Greeks will soon attack. When they do so the following morning, they are defeated swiftly, and the army takes the tower.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)