|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, King Johanitza Ravages the Empire through Chapter 21, Excursions Outside the Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Greeks begin to rebel against Johanitza?
(a) He is stealing their city's wealth.
(b) He has deserted them.
(c) He is destroying their cities.
(d) He is becoming too powerful.
2. The ships land at Constantinople, and eventually make their way to the port at __________, where they meet the Emperor Alexius, the man who imprisoned Issac and Prince Alexius.
3. Johanitza arrives at Philippopolis and accepts the surrender of the people. What does he do after this?
(a) He protects his new citizens.
(b) He puts the people into his service.
(c) Kills many of the citizens and destroys the city.
(d) He takes care of the people.
4. What leaves the army highly decreased in numbers?
(d) Many Barons escape.
5. All the barons hold a conference, and send envoys to Venice to do what?
(a) Fight the Venetians.
(b) Convert the Venetians.
(c) Gather supplies and aid.
(d) Convince the Venetians to fight for Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Renier de Trit's son, brother, nephew, and son-in-law?
2. The Marquis de Montferrat calls for all members of the army to do what?
3. Simultaneously, a fleet of ships with hundreds of men sail through the Straits of Morocco to Venice, but these men, along with many others, failed to do what?
4. Geoffroy returns to France to find Thibaut how?
5. On the day of the main attack, what happens when the French attempt to scale the walls of the city?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)