|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18, King Johanitza Ravages the Empire through Chapter 21, Excursions Outside the Empire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Henri and all able men in Constantinople go by land and sea to save Kibotos. Are they successful?
(b) Only at first.
2. For how long did the French army camp on one side of the straits while Alexius and his army camp on the other?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Nine days,
(d) Eight days.
3. The Crusaders send an envoy into Constantinople to ask the new Emperor to do what?
(a) Change the laws.
(b) Ratify the covenant his son proclaimed at the beginning of their journey.
(c) Help them return home.
(d) Give them payment for saving him.
4. When did Joinville take the cross?
5. What leaves the army highly decreased in numbers?
(b) Many Barons escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johanitza attacks the city of Serres, and the small French garrison within asks for surrender. What happens when Johanitza accepts and promises them no harm?
2. When did Villehardouin write the chronicle?
3. Who is elected the new Emperor?
4. The Doge makes what offer, if the French agree to pay five marks per horse and two marks per man?
5. Where does Emperor Baudouin die?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)