|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Election of an Emperor through Chapter 17, A Regency Established.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All the barons hold a conference, and send envoys to Venice to do what?
(a) Gather supplies and aid.
(b) Fight the Venetians.
(c) Convert the Venetians.
(d) Convince the Venetians to fight for Jerusalem.
2. The Emperor leaves for a tour of his empire to regain support, but, during that time, what happens?
(a) The British attack Constantinople.
(b) He dies.
(c) The Latins and the Greeks in the city have a large argument, during which the Latins set fire to the city.
(d) His lands fall into the hands of the French and Venetians.
3. When is the new Emperor's coronation?
(a) In 1204.
(b) In 1234.
(c) In 1214.
(d) In 1224.
4. The fleet sails from the port of Corfu when?
(a) In 1203.
(b) In 1213.
(c) In 1233.
(d) In 1223.
5. The ships land at Constantinople, and eventually make their way to the port at __________, where they meet the Emperor Alexius, the man who imprisoned Issac and Prince Alexius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joinville's account of the crusade includes what?
2. Who preached for a war to capture Jerusalem?
3. What happens to Renier de Trit's son, brother, nephew, and son-in-law?
4. The remaining lands are divided as promised between the French and the Venetians. How do the French rule?
5. What leaves the army highly decreased in numbers?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)