|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Election of an Emperor through Chapter 17, A Regency Established.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the next several decades, the area was overrun by Turks, and won back by Christians when?
(a) In the first Crusade.
(b) In the first three Crusades.
(c) In the second Crusade.
(d) In the third Crusade.
2. The Doge makes what offer, if the French agree to pay five marks per horse and two marks per man?
(a) To build transports as well as ships for a fee of 85,000 marks, and to supply all with rations for nine months.
(b) Leave for Jerusalem immediately.
(c) To convert to Christianity and take up the cross.
(d) Surrender the city to the Crusaders.
3. In Constantinople, Prince Issac and his son Alexius escape from whom?
(a) Emperor Augustus.
(b) Emperor Alexius.
(c) Emperor Issac.
(d) Emperor Constantine.
4. In Salonika, the marquis captures Alexius and does what to him?
(a) He frees him.
(b) Has him imprisoned.
(c) He questions him.
(d) He tortures him.
5. For how long was this holy city transferred back and forth between Christians and the Turks before a Holy War was initiated by Pope Gregory VII?
(a) Thousands of years.
(b) One hundred years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Hundreds of years.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Emperor leaves for a tour of his empire to regain support, but, during that time, what happens?
2. Jean de Joinville, author of the second book, grew up as a powerful figure in that he was Lord of Joinville when?
3. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
4. The Venetians succeed in taking __________, and set fire to those in between themselves and the Greeks.
5. On reaching Cape Malia, they find two ships full of what?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)