|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Election of an Emperor through Chapter 17, A Regency Established.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baudouin and his troops attack Adrianople, but find it protected by whom?
(c) King Johanitza.
(d) The Emperor.
2. After Thibaut's death, who is asked to become leader of the Crusades?
(a) Marquis Boniface de Montferrat.
(b) Comte de Saint Germain.
(c) Comte de Monte Cristo.
(d) Marquis de Lafayette.
3. The barons camp at the tower of ________, knowing the Greeks will soon attack. When they do so the following morning, they are defeated swiftly, and the army takes the tower.
4. In Constantinople, what happens to Murzuphlus when he has been captured?
(a) He escapes.
(b) He is thrown from a marble column in the center of town, which kills him.
(c) He is tortured.
(d) He is locked in a tower.
5. When did Villehardouin write the chronicle?
(a) During his crusade.
(b) Before his crusade.
(c) The year his crusade ended.
(d) Years after his crusade.
Short Answer Questions
1. On reaching Cape Malia, they find two ships full of what?
2. The army then takes the prince near the walls of Constantinople and does what?
3. All the barons hold a conference, and send envoys to Venice to do what?
4. The translator, R.B. Shaw, begins the novel with a brief introduction that explains what?
5. In Salonika, the marquis captures Alexius and does what to him?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)