|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, Election of an Emperor through Chapter 17, A Regency Established.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his will, Thibaut leaves his money to his followers on what condition?
(a) They do not join the crusade.
(b) They fight the crusaders.
(c) They financially support the crusade.
(d) They join the crusade.
2. On the day of the main attack, what happens when the French attempt to scale the walls of the city?
(a) They are slowly driven back.
(b) They are quickly driven back.
(c) They quickly take over the tower.
(d) They slowly take over the tower.
3. Villehardouin and Comte Hugues are chosen to travel to meet some of the defecting barons to do what?
(a) Attempt to convince them to leave for Cairo.
(b) Attempt to bring them back to Paris.
(c) Attempt to bring them back to Venice.
(d) Attempt to convert them.
4. When did Joinville write the chronicle?
(a) A few years after the Crusade ended.
(b) During the Crusade.
(c) Very late in life.
(d) At the end of the Crusade.
5. In Salonika, the marquis captures Alexius and does what to him?
(a) He tortures him.
(b) Has him imprisoned.
(c) He frees him.
(d) He questions him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people of Constantinople free Issac and do what with him?
2. Shaw states Villehardouin made it clear the problems between the Franks and the Greeks, as well as the greed of the Franks, led to what?
3. When did Joinville take the cross?
4. When Marquis de Montferrat arrives, he requests that Baudouin not do what?
5. What deal does The Doge of Venice make with the army?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)